Teams weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    Interior DL is more concerning to me than the OL. We won it last year with a sorry OL and we might actually be slightly improved there. But based on what I saw in preseason out of the DL, interior pressure was non-existent and teams ran it on us with success. Shades of pre-2012.

Wolfe is still there, but so far Crick and Gotsis are a HUGE drop off from Jackson and Walker. Both are easily blown up. I hope Todd Davis is up to snuff because he's going to have to clean up a lot of leaks.
    Walker's injury was really unfortunate. It looks like Sylvester Williams will be counted on more this season in pass rushing situations. Hopefully he is ready to answer the bell. Also perhaps we will see more blitzes, as last year we were able to generate pressure with just a 4 man rush.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
      Weaknesses: OL, kick/punt returner, punter, TE.

No? Every media member that discussed the competition said Colquitt outperformed Dixon easily, with Dixon shanking several punts in camp. Elway just wanted to go cheap at punter. Colquitt is the better punter and that's why Elway was interested in keeping him at a lower salary. If Colquitt takes Elway's cheap offer, Dixon is gone.
      That's not correct. Someone posted all of the punts that both had, Dixon was better. Not by tons, but better. And if he is 4 mil cheaper, it makes sense.

We just need him to figure out the holding of the ball on field goals.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

IMO the biggest weakness is uncertainty. The not knowing what part of the team will hold up and which could falter and cost the team a game.

- We hope the o-line will be improved. On paper they should be but have they been? We hope that Okung and Sambrailo can hold up physically. Will they? We hope that all the inexperienced lineman will play well. Can they?

- Inexperience at the QB position. We hope that Siemian can play well. We think he can. Until he does for a full regular season game it is still a gigantic risk.

- offense in general is an uncertaintly. We hope they will move the ball. We hope they can be productive enough in the run game to be effective in PAP aspect of the pas game. Can they?

- Going with a rookie punter and more importantly FG holder is another risk. Maybe it works out.

- Defense has its transitions and issues too. We think they can still be dominant. Likely will in fact. But can they be as dominant? Because that is what is going to be needed to overcome the offensive limitations.

Overall I like the team. If the team comes together as we all hope it will it should be another great season. Just another one with a fine line between wins and losses. It is that uncertainty of which side of that line that worries me.

Until the Broncos get a few games under their belts and prove it to themselves and to other teams that will be the biggest weakness IMO. The Broncos are relying on a lot of things going their way this season. I will optimistically hope so too.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          IMO the biggest weakness is uncertainty. The not knowing what part of the team will hold up and which could falter and cost the team a game.

- We hope the o-line will be improved. On paper they should be but have they been? We hope that Okung and Sambrailo can hold up physically. Will they? We hope that all the inexperienced lineman will play well. Can they?

- Inexperience at the QB position. We hope that Siemian can play well. We think he can. Until he does for a full regular season game it is still a gigantic risk.

- offense in general is an uncertaintly. We hope they will move the ball. We hope they can be productive enough in the run game to be effective in PAP aspect of the pas game. Can they?

- Going with a rookie punter and more importantly FG holder is another risk. Maybe it works out.

- Defense has its transitions and issues too. We think they can still be dominant. Likely will in fact. But can they be as dominant? Because that is what is going to be needed to overcome the offensive limitations.

Overall I like the team. If the team comes together as we all hope it will it should be another great season. Just another one with a fine line between wins and losses. It is that uncertainty of which side of that line that worries me.

Until the Broncos get a few games under their belts and prove it to themselves and to other teams that will be the biggest weakness IMO. The Broncos are relying on a lot of things going their way this season. I will optimistically hope so too.
          Good honest post, I concur on everything.

Comment

Offensive Tackle, interior Defensive Line, and Tight End are our weaknesses, IMO.

I can't help but think that we will address some of those issues with FAs now appearing on the market. Unfortunately, the pickings can be pretty slim when every team in the NFL has a shot at players on waivers before the Broncos.

For me, the biggest disappointment has been Heuerman. Evidently, the guy is hurt, and has been since the OTAs. Just as he was in his college career. But what his problem is, I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
            X