Final Roster Cuts To Get Down To 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Was thinking about Sambrailo and if he can hold up. Seems like it will be a win to get him back to practice. Maybe he's just had bad luck and hopefully will stay healthy.
    Sure. Sambrailo, Schofield and Weems can play any spot except Center. Versatility is a big plus for O-Linemen. McGovern can play any inside spot and Tackle in a pinch as can Garcia. McGovern will help provide depth at Center until Ferentz returns. Even then, IDK if Ferentz would ever be active unless Paradis can't go.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Those are all I/offset I (Jack/King) Formations:

In offset I, one way to name it is Jack = FB offset to Split Side; King = FB offset to Tight Side.

I Formations are under center with FB c. 4/5 yards behind the ball; TB c. 7 yards behind the ball.

Pro is X wide on the opposite side from Z who is also wide. It is Strong to the Tight Side unless it's Jack which is balanced.

Wing is Z 1x1 off of Y (TE) Same strength call as Pro unless Jack which is balanced.

Slot is Z 1x1 off of Split Side Tackle, or wider (up to halfway between Split Side Tackle and X) Strength is to the Split Side unless King which is balanced.

Twins is X and Z split wide close together. Same strength call as Slot unless King which is balanced.

Power is Z at FB depth over the B Gap. Strength is to the Tight Side unless FB is offset to the opposite side from Z which is balanced.

D lines up on O, so Pro will have DBs on the two wideouts (X and Z) which spreads the D more. Twins has the same effect.

Denver's base rushing attack is the Zone Series which commands seven defenders on play action to the Tight Side. If run from Twins with FB blocking Back Side pursuit, Boot has four defenders dealing with QB, two WRs and the FB. If D is in Cover 1, Y can release from the play action side and occupy the FS with a Post Route.

Short answer is it doesn't matter whether it's CJ Anderson or Booker IMO. They are interchangeable.
      Thanks for the insights!

Comment

• I'm a bit concerned that the QB battle along with the injuries has taken away from the ground game and the o-line being able to gel.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Dillon Day was released. Until Ferentz returns, backup C will be either Connor McGovern or Max Garcia. Dillon may end up on the PS again.
          Yes I saw that. Issue I have there is Weems has been hurt. As has Ty...who, if we're were to all be honest here, we should be VERY concerned about. Getting injured as often and for as long as he has been is a major issue. Ferentz as well. A knee scope for a guy who really hasn't played that much football is an issue...at least for me.

I asked an honestimate and open ended question before. Is it better to have an excellent lineman who gets hurt a lot or a good to great lineman who stays healthy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            For the Rams...Tell me one QB that has played for the Rams that looked good WHILE playing for them? You are going to have to go back to Warner. It's still an upgrade no matter how you want to slice it over Sanchez.
            Marc Bulger

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Marc Bulger

You're so smug.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Marc Bulger

You call that "playing good"? He had one good year in 2006. Outside of that he was either injured or a turnover machine...

Next you'll start telling me that Sanchez was awesome.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  I really have no idea what a "veteran" QB like Austin Davis brings to the team.
                  Least this year there is no true "veteran" qb available. They all on rosters or retired.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    You call that "playing good"? He had one good year in 2006. Outside of that he was either injured or a turnover machine...

Next you'll start telling me that Sanchez was awesome.
                    Seriously... Bulger has a losing record as a starter and threw more INT than TD his last 3 years in the league, when he lost 31 of his 36 starts .

The funny thing is the Rams couldn't wait to get rid of Warner so they could start Bulger, who ended up being terrible most of his career.
                    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 09-04-2016, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Hey you SAID when was the last time. So I told yas
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Marc Bulger used to be good. On Madden '07.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X