X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Andrew Mason
    @MaseDenver

Elway, on the rumors of shopping CB Aqib Talib: "False. His name was never brought up anywhere."
    Thank god. Had me worried!

He is an important piece and a mental catalyst on our defense. I'll take the boneheaded play here and there.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Watching the LSU - Wisconsin game and they're running the trade rumor on the ticker. Elway denying and Patrick Smyth said, "This is false".

Have to wonder what's going on when Diana Russini said multiple sources say Talib is available for the right price.

Comment

I don't know what the big deal is, everyone has a price. That's just how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
          I don't know what the big deal is, everyone has a price. That's just how it works.
          Then what do you trade John Elway for?
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              Let's start at 10 first round picks. I mean, RGIII got 3 first rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                Andrew Mason
                @MaseDenver

Elway, on the rumors of shopping CB Aqib Talib: "False. His name was never brought up anywhere."
                To be fair, if he was on the market, Elway would have zero to gain from admitting it. You always want to say that someone isn't available, because it keeps their price from dropping.

Not saying I believe the report is true, just saying that Elway denying doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                  To be fair, if he was on the market, Elway would have zero to gain from admitting it. You always want to say that someone isn't available, because it keeps their price from dropping.

Not saying I believe the report is true, just saying that Elway denying doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility.
                  True Dat. But personally, I buy that its totally false. I don't think for a second that Elway is trying to trade away one of the cornerstones of his SB winning defense. Especially with rebuilding different parts of the offense this year. Just my opinion though.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    True Dat. But personally, I buy that its totally false. I don't think for a second that Elway is trying to trade away one of the cornerstones of his SB winning defense. Especially with rebuilding different parts of the offense this year. Just my opinion though.
                    Right, I agree. The only reasons I could see changes anything are if Elway thinks there may be some sort of suspension coming or he thinks the new 2 Personal Foul = suspension rule will target Talib.

But ultimately, I don't see the upside in moving him and think it's most likely bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                      Right, I agree. The only reasons I could see changes anything are if Elway thinks there may be some sort of suspension coming or he thinks the new 2 Personal Foul = suspension rule will target Talib.

But ultimately, I don't see the upside in moving him and think it's most likely bogus.
                      Also have to consider his contract for $10m this year and $12m the next two years after that for a 30 year old player that rides that razors edge of suspension.

The contract issue will need to be addressed next year anyways. Would it surprise anyone if Elway was considering a preemptive move by trading him? I could see the logic.

I have my issues with Talib making bad decisions that put the team at risk but I would be disappointed to see him moved at this point. He certainly is a key player on the team not just the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        That makes me feel a bit better. But we all know where there's smoke there's fire.
                        Sometimes that fire is just liar liar pants on fire.
                        sigpic

Comment

A younger John Elway....Duh!
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be a great question for Elway himself to answer, not me. Elway's job is to put value on players, so I bet there would be one, even if he declined to say.

Comment

Could be gauging interest/value for next year

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                                That would be a great question for Elway himself to answer, not me. Elway's job is to put value on players, so I bet there would be one, even if he declined to say.
                                Then Elway could ask Elway to take a pay cut.
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X