Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    There are probably less then 20 players in the entire NFL who are truely not available for trade at the right price....even then...if someone offered a couple all pros and 10 first round draft picks....which players would not be moved at some crazy price like that?

Look at the pics some teams give up for potentially getting the next franchise qb...imagine if someone sweated that twice as much and went after a proven player with a couple all pros in the deal
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-04-2016, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Some of the comments in this thread...

I would pay to watch that happen, Sam.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Some of the comments in this thread...

I would pay to watch that happen, Sam.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Still the same scroll that announces the potential trade with the reporters name followed by the Elway statement saying it is not true.

Comical how "reporting" has become contradicting your own source in the same sentance.
    I think that reporter should be required to play Dodgeball with Elway, say on a basketball court using footballs?

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    ESPN is still pushing this story this morning.
    Still the same scroll that announces the potential trade with the reporters name followed by the Elway statement saying it is not true.

Comical how "reporting" has become contradicting your own source in the same sentance.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    ESPN is still pushing this story this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Pack Mules
    replied
    The financials don't make sense. We would still have a whopping $11 million in dead cap this year alone (not to mention for three more years).

But the one thing I scratch my head about is Elway's response. "False, his name didn't come up." That sounds like a PR talking point. If it were false, you would expect another sentence like "he is a core member of this team and we are happy to have him." That omission is concerning.

So I am torn on the veracity.
    Actually I think its the other way around IMO

Leave a comment:

• GiddyupGetEm
    replied
    The financials don't make sense. We would still have a whopping $11 million in dead cap this year alone (not to mention for three more years).

But the one thing I scratch my head about is Elway's response. "False, his name didn't come up." That sounds like a PR talking point. If it were false, you would expect another sentence like "he is a core member of this team and we are happy to have him." That omission is concerning.

So I am torn on the veracity.

Leave a comment:

• Pack Mules
    replied
    I could see this happening next year

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Then Elway could ask Elway to take a pay cut.
    Hey, if he can publicly thank himself, he can probably ask himself to take a paycut - although it wont help the salary cap

Leave a comment:

• olgrouch
    replied
    When I first saw this, NO WAY was my 1st thought.
    After it was confirmed to be False, I started to wonder if it was an attempt to sabotage the teams solidarity?
    Paranoia on my part? Possibly. In this modern world w/o moral standards, and people who have no sense of self worth. I begin to doubt everything.
    Possibly a deluded fan?
    One of the teams who believe they have a chance to dethrone us?

Thought I would add this, if I were Big John I'd make a point of talking to Talib in the locker room in front of everyone there, and assure him that It was BULL HOCKEY!
    Last edited by olgrouch; 09-03-2016, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sendacash
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Then Elway could ask Elway to take a pay cut.
    My goodness, that sounds a whole lot more contentious than just buying a Nissan. Not that I would buy a Nissan, lol.

Leave a comment:

• gerontion
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    I understand it is a false report but it certainly raises an interesting hypothetical question of Talib's trade value.

What type of player or draft pick(s) would it take to consider the trade?

I would be willing to listen if a top line $10m a year offensive lineman was being offered. Or a first round pick?

Elways job is to make moves if it makes sense. Talib adds a lot but if the Broncos could get a high pick and the cap to add OG Sitton for example, don't you have to think seriously about doing it?
    For a 1st round pick or top flight OL I would probably do it. I doubt anyone would offer near that much, though. Talib is already 30 and is simply not reliable in terms of his off the field activities. Besides, this is probably his last year anyway. We can cut him after 2016 with relatively little dead money.

To be fair, however, Talib still is a big, dynamic, ball hawking CB who forms one of the best duos in the NFL with Harris. Roby is very good, but I don't think he's at Talib's level.
    Last edited by gerontion; 09-03-2016, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    QFT

10 characters

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    I understand it is a false report but it certainly raises an interesting hypothetical question of Talib's trade value.

What type of player or draft pick(s) would it take to consider the trade?

I would be willing to listen if a top line $10m a year offensive lineman was being offered. Or a first round pick?

Elways job is to make moves if it makes sense. Talib adds a lot but if the Broncos could get a high pick and the cap to add OG Sitton for example, don't you have to think seriously about doing it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X