The Best Numbers in Bronco History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Speaking of numbers. Booker takes Hillman's job and then takes his number. Harsh?
    Keep in mind that "23" was Booker's college number so he just reclaimed his college number once it became available.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 09-05-2016, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
      #87 - Lionel Taylor and Ed McCaffrey
      For six straight years in the early Sixties, Lionel Taylor's production as a receiver was on a par with today's best, and he did it in a fourteen game season before the rules were changed to favor the receiver over the defender. He caught 100 passes from Frank Tripucka in 1960 and had over 1000 yards receiving in 1960, '61, '63 and '65. He was one of the first, if not the first, to post numbers like that as a receiver.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        Keep in mind that "23" was Booker's college number so he just reclaimed his college number once it became available.
        I know that lol. I was just messing.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          One of the best TEs Denver has ever had; great receiver and blocker.
          I had read that Riley was about the only player that did a good job blocking against Dallas in the Super Bowl, and the coaches used his game film to show others how to block. Don't know if that was true or not, but I would believe it, he was a very good blocker and was like a locomotive running after the catch, a big tight end but he could sure move!

Comment

Add Julius Thomas to that list. He had a couple great seasons in Denver.

Comment

I know we talking 23 for other reasons but hard to speak of 23 and not think of Sammy Winder and Darien Gordon (think he wore two numbers with us tho)

57 Dakota Watson wears reminds me of Tom Jackson. iirc Allen Aldridge on our Super Bowl team in 97 wore it too.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                For six straight years in the early Sixties, Lionel Taylor's production as a receiver was on a par with today's best, and he did it in a fourteen game season before the rules were changed to favor the receiver over the defender. He caught 100 passes from Frank Tripucka in 1960 and had over 1000 yards receiving in 1960, '61, '63 and '65. He was one of the first, if not the first, to post numbers like that as a receiver.
                Taylor was indeed the first pro WR to catch 100 passes in a season. And, as you mentioned, that was in a 14 game season.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  I know we talking 23 for other reasons but hard to speak of 23 and not think of Sammy Winder and Darien Gordon (think he wore two numbers with us tho)

57 Dakota Watson wears reminds me of Tom Jackson. iirc Allen Aldridge on our Super Bowl team in 97 wore it too.
                  I believe Gordon also wore #21 for a season.
                  sigpic

Comment

In Elway we Trust #7

Comment

Working...
                    X