Pre Week 1 Power Rankings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Week 1 Power Rankings.

Pre Season is over. Football season begins tomorrow. The official power rankings are out, and I must say they don't disappoint in terms of being able to make me laugh. We are in for a long season, so strap in, it's going to get bumpy!

1-5

CAR
    ARZ
    SEA
    GB
    NE

Will Carolina be a good team? Of course, but we won't be seeing them in Houston in February. Arizona is where they should be... for now. I like Arizona a lot but something about them makes me feel uneasy this year. I think we will see Seattle fall from grace this year. They will just make the playoffs. Green Bay, if they can stay healthy, will be a monster team. Rodgers is going to light it up this year. Why are the Patriots* in the top 5? Is this a joke? You are telling me that the only AFC team in the top 5 is a team that cheats, and will be without Brady and Ninkovich for the first month?

6-10

DEN
    PIT
    KC
    CIN
    MIN

We get no respect. All people talk about is how we have no QB. Pretty sure we didn't have a QB last year. The Steelers had their whole team stolen away from them from suspensions. Cue the Big Ben injury to come full circle. KC should not be allowed in the top 10 until they can show me they know how to run a proper 2 minute drill. Ahhhh the Bengals. Always knocking on the door, but no one ever seems to answer. Enjoy another 1 and done playoff run.

Here is where things get a little complicated. The Vikings were a threat with Teddy. Like, this team could go to the Super Bowl kind of threat. Well Teddy is gone, and now all the hopes and dreams of the purple fanbase rests on the shoulders and twice repaired ACL of Sammy, and you know what... They could still make a deep playoff run. Don't count these guys out yet. #10 is right where they should be.

11-15

OAK
    HOU
    WAS
    JETS
    TB

Oakland will be good this year and will give the division fits. Houston... I will refrain from saying anything malicious about Houston until after the first car crash I mean game. So Washington is 13. I'm surprised too. I like that. Jets... Say hello to 9-7 with the schedule from hell you guys got. I am being generous with 9-7 as well. Can't hate on this team anymore as TB is actually building something special, and I am not talking about that stupid pirate ship in their end zone.

16-20

BUF
    JAG
    DAL
    GIANTS
    BAL

Buffalo: Where being mediocre is acceptable. I know they surprises in store for us this year though. Jags will improve even more this year. Look for them next January, this January however, they will fall short. Why is Dallas above the Giants? Oh, because that entire division is garbage so it doesn't matter? Good answer. Baltimore... possible sleeper team? If they stay healthy I think so.

21-30

MIA
    TEN
    DET
    IND
    ATL
    PHI
    NO
    LA
    SD
    CHI

This is a funny area. 3 future Hall of Fame QBs are in this part of the list. But anyway, let's move on. Miami will do...stuff. At least it is warm for them all year. Titans... rebuild some more and talk to me in 2 years. Detroit: Pissing off fans is what we do. Indy I am shocked to see so low. I would have put them lower. Atlanta, the team that should be good, and could be good, but for some reason, isn't good. Oh wait that was their 2015 Season motto.

Philly will be experimenting with Wentz. I hate that name. Sounds like a nasty condiment no one eats. New Orleans should have traded Brees to the Vikings. Same disappointing Rams team, new stadium to disappoint in. Making fun of the Bolts is way too easy. They get a pass for now. Chicago Bears aka Denver's dumpping ground. Keep digging through our trash Chicago, maybe you'll find something good, like a half eaten bearclaw or something.

31-32

SF
    CLE

Deja Vu anyone?

Bates - your take on the rankings is a great read!

Comment

I just don't see Az being up in the top 5. No, not saying my Panthers will be,, but AZ has Carson Palmer and he gets worse as a season progresses and he gets hurt a lot.

I'm no Seattle fan, but I can see them coming out of the NFC west and GB stronger than last season... Pitt NE and Cinn in the AFC looks about right.

( I've also seen a lot of week one upset pics taking the Jags over the Packers )
      Hey each season a team no one expected to be there does well. Last year it was my Panthers,, 7-8-1 to 15-1 .. another team will light it up this year and no one will see it coming.

Comment

Official Power Rankings???

Mmmmkkkkk

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          Official Power Rankings???

Mmmmkkkkk
          They are literally as official as anything else out there. It's power rankings, silly.

Comment

So winning a SB gets you a #6 ranking for the next regular season game...whatever
            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
              So winning a SB gets you a #6 ranking for the next regular season game...whatever
              Weren't we number 10 in the rankings for a long time...in the playoffs with HA? Lol
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                Bates - your take on the rankings is a great read!
                Hey thanks! I really enjoy writing these up every week. You enjoy the silliness of these rankings more when you have fun with them.

Comment

I think your rank is all about the quarterback. If Manning hadn't retired, y'all would probably be ranked #1. If y'all win your first games, you will move up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ncpantherfan View Post
                    I think your rank is all about the quarterback. If Manning hadn't retired, y'all would probably be ranked #1. If y'all win your first games, you will move up fast.
                    What does a sailing vessel have to do with it?
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      Weren't we number 10 in the rankings for a long time...in the playoffs with HA? Lol
                      Meh who cares let doubters doubt us again this season like they did last season. We Proved them wrong and I will be happy if we prove them all wrong again and again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                        no... Winning a SB and then starting basically a rookie QB who wasn't all that great in College gets you 6 lol. Starting an entirely new Offensive line from the SB team gets you 6 lol.

Our Defense is still as good but our offense is a huge question right now. It SHOULD be better than what we saw last year. It could be worse we won't know til the ball is snapped. If they win tonight my guess is the Power Rankings reflect that. IF the Defense carries us to another win and the Offense barely gets anything done we can probably expect a drop in the Power Rankings.

But honestly Power Rankings are about as important as a grain of sand on the beach, as we all saw last year.
                        GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

lol now I can revisit this and my above statement... We should at least be #2 lol. If we can run the ball like that all season we have a very good shot at the back to back. That rushing performance was against teh best front 7 we will see all season imo. We should be able to let Trevor get comfortable and make some plays like he did tonight. Rookie mistakes be damned that was a good performance by the team again tonight.
                          GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
                            lol now I can revisit this and my above statement... We should at least be #2 lol. If we can run the ball like that all season we have a very good shot at the back to back. That rushing performance was against teh best front 7 we will see all season imo. We should be able to let Trevor get comfortable and make some plays like he did tonight. Rookie mistakes be damned that was a good performance by the team again tonight.
                            Week 1 NFL.com rankings are out. Good call on #2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oot-to-the-top

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              Week 1 NFL.com rankings are out. Good call on #2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oot-to-the-top
                              Not too much argument with these.

Comment

Working...
                              X