Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if Siemian has a strong year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Well if we fall behind on the scoreboard coming into the half, I believe Kubes has no other choice to be aggressive with his play calling.
    I feel bad for the D, seems like kubes is getting too comfortable with putting the game in the hands of our D. We need to jump on our opponents and get a lead, this dink and dunking will eventually come back to haunt us if we aren't capable of striking quickly.
    That would be the same regardless of who was behind center. Playing from behind, a few scores or late in the game,offenses get pass happy.

I don't think Kubiak is leaning heavy on the defense. The defense knows what they are about and have promised to play tough football regardless. That said, a good defense is a big benefit to any young QB.

Siemian looks good, so far, between the 20's. He needs to work on ball control and punching the ball in to the end zone when he gets inside the 20. Too many times we are leaving with only 3 points or worse, loss of possession. I do wonder though if some of this is somehow connected to us only having two TEs active recently, that the play calling is hampered as a result.

Comment

• OK. Here is what you said in post #119.

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      And I will be ecstatic as anyone when the Broncos defense continues those trends. I also doubt that Dalton is able to maintain his 360 yards a game pace either.

This is going to be a tough road game against a quality opponent. Sure would be nice to see the offense not turn the ball over and score a couple TDs in a hostile environment.

Wouldn't you agree that giving the Bengals the ball a the end of the game and relying on a missed game winning FG or the defense scoring twice is a risky pattern of winning. Then again the Broncos lived on that razor's edge most of last season ... so who knows!
      You clearly predict that Denver will depend on a missed FGA at the end of this Sunday's game, or will need two defensive TDs in order to win.

That's what you said.

I am under the impression you think that when Denver's D gets a lot of sacks or turnovers or they score, that it is some kind of irreproducible miracle. I don't think you understand this defense. I don't think you understand why this football team is 2-0 right now.

A football team's offense has a rushing attack and a passing attack. A football team's defense plays run and pass D. A football team's specials punt and kick, cover punts and kicks and have XPA/FGA.

It is a team effort the result of which can be found on the scoreboard after the clock says 00:00 after the 4th quarter or OT.

Tell you what. Take all the individual stats and those are yours. I'll take the scoreboard.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        Pretty sure my initial comment was "who knows" but I am comfortable with my continued followup answer too.

Perhaps you would like to add an opinion of your expectations. Not a prediction, I know how you dislike them. Maybe a cliche filled " get a player, coach a play, let a player play," type response.

Or perhaps a much more informed breakdown of the past offensive struggles and potential positives this week would be appropriate. Or maybe instruct us on the defensive probabilities of getting 4 sacks and how the Bengals run game will continue to be limited as you posted.

Obviously you are incredibly capable to do so. Those are the posts I find informative and appreciate the most.
        Run the ball.

Stop the run.

Optimum FP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          That would be the same regardless of who was behind center. Playing from behind, a few scores or late in the game,offenses get pass happy.

I don't think Kubiak is leaning heavy on the defense. The defense knows what they are about and have promised to play tough football regardless. That said, a good defense is a big benefit to any young QB.

Siemian looks good, so far, between the 20's. He needs to work on ball control and punching the ball in to the end zone when he gets inside the 20. Too many times we are leaving with only 3 points or worse, loss of possession. I do wonder though if some of this is somehow connected to us only having two TEs active recently, that the play calling is hampered as a result.
          It's a balanced offense which seems to be improving. When inside the +20, they need to get the ball in the EZ. In that area, the routes are shorter and the rushing attack is up against GL D. There are some things which can be done to improve in this phase of the game, and it will be interesting to see what the Broncos do.

Comment

• The win against the Colts along with the two defensive TDs leads us to think the defense must score to win. Rewind to the win against the Panthers and the offense scored three TDs. In that game the defense did it's part by holding Carolina to 20 points.

In the game against the Colts, McManus was 4/5 FG made. While those are Special Teams points - it was the offense that setup McManus to score. Everyone wants TDs instead of FGs - the reason every team has kickers is because you can't always punch it in. The offense and ST combined for 20 points.

In a worst case scenario the offense generated enough points (including drives resulting in FGs) to tie the Colts. McManus makes the 1st FG and that's 23 points. The offense has improved over 2015. I agree it will be interesting to see how the Broncos find a way to score more TDs.

Broncos are 2-0 and take the show on the road to the Queen City...
            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-21-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
              How would we know who to keep if Trevor keeps on improving? We won't be sure what we have in Pax until he plays a game.
              Not Sure if lynch should be on the field this year unless TS wets the bed during a game.

Until we know what his (TS) ceiling Is IMO he should be the starter. Maybe giving PL some garbage time to get Some experience.

We have a starter for now. IMHO PL should not get on the field Simply because draft status.

He has just As Much trade value as TS does at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                Not Sure if lynch should be on the field this year unless TS wets the bed during a game.

Until we know what his (TS) ceiling Is IMO he should be the starter. Maybe giving PL some garbage time to get Some experience.

We have a starter for now. IMHO PL should not get on the field Simply because draft status.

He has just As Much trade value as TS does at this point.
                The way we play there is no garbage time, haha
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  As we Speak that is correct, but as the season wears on the proficiency of the OL and TS should get better. Score More points and allow the D to be able to play more aggressive. Allowing them to create turnovers. Thus garbage time.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    This is the truth. Even in 2013 with the record setting offense, Osweiler only had pass attempts in 2 games. Barring an injury or a total meltdown by Siemian, Lynch likely won't see the field beyond a few handoffs or kneeldowns.

Comment

• It seems that some people have a tendency to focus on a particular player, particularly the quarterback, rather than the fortunes of the team as a whole. Instead of worrying about how much playing time a first round pick is getting, people just need to be happy that the team is winning.
                      Last edited by RobertR; 09-22-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                        It seems that some people have a tendency to focus on a particular player, particularly the quarterback, rather than the fortunes of the team as a whole. Instead of worrying about how much playing time a first round pick is getting, people just need to be happy that the team is winning.
                        C'mon, you know the way it is around here, the most popular player on the Broncos roster is always the backup QB.... Until he plays
                        Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 09-22-2016, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• What does it mean for Siemian to have a strong year?

If he shows himself to be a legitimate starting quarterback, it will call into question the drafting of Paxton Lynch.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Best question was asked on page 1 of this thread.

What is a "strong year"?

As we see from the several pages following, perspective depends on what your answer is or expectation are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              C'mon, you know the way it is around here, the most popular player on the Broncos roster is always the backup QB.... Until he plays
                              LOL this is true. First time I saw it was when people wanted Weese to replace Morton, because he was mobile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                                Lol....Chris Simms.....Our Savior from Orton!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X