Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if Siemian has a strong year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    What does it mean for Siemian to have a strong year?

If he shows himself to be a legitimate starting quarterback, it will call into question the drafting of Paxton Lynch.
    Nah, we had 2 QBs and both were big ???? Did they like Trevor, of course, but only so much you can tell from a guy getting 3rd string reps. Whatever happens, having two great QBs is a good problem. Whether one gets dealt kinda depends on

A) What do they think of Austin Davis at year end
    B) is there a QB the FO likes in 4th round or later they feel they can develop into starter quality.

At they end of the day, they may actually recoup a better draft pick package than they spent on Lynch if we decide to deal one.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      What does it mean for Siemian to have a strong year?

If he shows himself to be a legitimate starting quarterback, it will call into question the drafting of Paxton Lynch.
      Why? Just because he has a strong year doesn't mean that he was a sure thing in the offseason. Would you rather the team take their chances with him and then have to draft a QB next year and start all over? The team was being proactive and if Siemian pans out it puts us in an excellent position going forward (much like the Brees/Rivers situation in SD) hopefully we make a better choice than they did though, they kept the wrong QB.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
        Many fans may be in for a shock when Trevor doesn't give up the gig. I just don't think realize how advanced Siemian already is for a two game starter. What he needs to improve on is so marginal, if you think Lynch was at a disadvantage with 1st team reps this offseason, imagine how big the disadvantage will be when Trevor has 16 starts under his belt.

Lynch was not drafted to replace Siemian, he was drafted because we had just lost 2 QBs and there was no way to know what Trevor would become. We still don't know what he will become, but if you don't see that he is way ahead of the curve...I get Lynch has "superior" tools...so did Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch,...

We will see how it plays out, but I got a sig bet that says Trevor ends up better than a 2:1 TD:INT ratio this year with 65 or > completion%...something only 7 QBs managed to do last year.

I may have underestimated him...
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Best case scenario, they go 19-0.
          Still on track :thumb:

Comment

• Throughout the week I heard NFL Network analysis talking about Trevor when they had clearly only gone off the stats and not what he had shown in the first two games. The name Paxton Lynch was mentioned and they questioned when he will be considered to play. I don't think anyone who has any idea about what is going in Denver thinks there is any chance of Paxton Lynch playing at this point of time.

Trevor played great today and showed huge improvement. He did get away with a couple throws in the first half, and was a little inaccurate however in the second half he got the Broncos across the line with great play in his first road game with ZERO help from the running game. I still can't believe how confident he is making some of the decisions he is making and it looks easy to him out there.

Right now John Elway looks like a genius by letting Brock walk and I can honestly say I am more excited for Trevor than I was at any point for Brock. If Trevor continues to have a strong year and continues to show improvement in my opinion he is showing enough to potentially even be the future in Denver. He is a young athletic quarterback with great arm talent and confidence on a low end rookie contract for a few years to come and that has me very excited.

Go Denver

Comment

• Is it too early to change the 'if' in the title of this thread to 'when'?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Lol....Chris Simms.....Our Savior from Orton!
                The image of him scrambling backwards both hands up in a "please don't hurt me" position will never escape my memory.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by corywinget81 View Post
                  the image of him scrambling backwards both hands up in a "please don't hurt me" position will never escape my memory.
                  my spleeeeennn!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    The image of him scrambling backwards both hands up in a "please don't hurt me" position will never escape my memory.
                    The crowd was so happy when Kyle came back late in the second qtr. Chris was so bad that an injured Kyle Orton was a better option that day

Comment

• Has everyone forgotten Austin Davis? If Trevor hits the floor from injury or bad play Davis should be playing next, not Lynch
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        Has everyone forgotten Austin Davis? If Trevor hits the floor from injury or bad play Davis should be playing next, not Lynch
                        I hope we don't have to decide.
                        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          Has everyone forgotten Austin Davis? If Trevor hits the floor from injury or bad play Davis should be playing next, not Lynch
                          It's a reasonable assumption. In that scenario, Kubiak would play the guy he thought gave the team the best chance. Every game Trevor plays adds more time for Paxton's development. As Elway has said, "We don't draft Pro Bowlers. We develop Pro Bowlers."
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• RK PLAYER TEAM COM ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G
                            11 Trevor Siemian, QB DEN 63 94 67.0 756 8.04 55 5 3 5 95.9 252

Early on the question of "what is considered a strong year" was posed. If the young man can continue at this level of performance he would be having a "strong" year IMO. Impressive development so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              It's a balanced offense which seems to be improving. When inside the +20, they need to get the ball in the EZ. In that area, the routes are shorter and the rushing attack is up against GL D. There are some things which can be done to improve in this phase of the game, and it will be interesting to see what the Broncos do.

I'd say Trevor has shown that he does have the potential to be a lethally effective RZ QB because of how he performs in the 'dink and dunk' play selection between the 30's. It's a drastically different situation (RZ versus moving the chains) mainly because the defenders have less field to defend and the QB has to process information much more quickly. And, of course, his pre-snap reads become much more important. And mistakes will be magnified, that's just the nature of the game. But there is still a continuity in the process. He has the mobility. More importantly he has the ability to deliver a catchable ball while on the move. He has the accuracy. He's going to be fine. It looks to me like his bad throws come when he isn't throwing with confidence-that internal stutter when he isn't completely sure that he's doing the right thing screws up his mechanics. It's great that he has a very calm appearance and that he generally plays like he's cool under pressure, but he has moments of self doubt in the Red Zone and it has shown up from time to time. The thing is though that as of right now that's perfectly fine. It's acceptable. Even expected. He's getting better week by week. I honestly think that by the end of the year he will be regarded very highly by anyone who watches him play. I'm just going to come out and say it: He's got a bit of Manning in him.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Or, if that wall of text is just too much, TLDR:

He's a butcher in training and right now he's just sharpening his blades.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
                                X