Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if Siemian has a strong year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Trevor and I hope he's the "Truth," but I can't help but think "Nick Foles" over and over in my head. I hope it's not the case, but the guy went from Pro Bowl to Zero. It's still a bit of an enigma for me. I still don't understand how that can happen.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 09-28-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
      I really like Trevor and I hope he's the "Truth," but I can't help but think "Nick Foles" over and over in my head. I hope it's not the case, but the guy went from Pro Bowl to Zero. It's still a bit of an enigma for me. I still don't understand how that can happen.
      Well at least Nick Foles played well for an entire season. I'll take that.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Either way we are good! We got Paxton waiting for his shot.

Comment

I really like Trevor and I hope he's the "Truth," but I can't help but think "Nick Foles" over and over in my head. I hope it's not the case, but the guy went from Pro Bowl to Zero. It's still a bit of an enigma for me. I still don't understand how that can happen.
          That's a good comparison to make considering the amount of play time (not a whole lot) each had before being thrust in to the starting position. The main difference is that Chip Kelly ran a gimmick offense for Foles to simplify things for him. It worked great until it was exposed. When Foles eventually got in a rut he had nothing to fall back on, in a traditional offense scheme (he's not good reading defenses, etc.), on and their problems only mounted.

Siemian appears to be a notch above Foles. That doesn't mean he'll turn out a regular starter, but he is going through the processes and learning the whole system, not just what works now. Time will tell, but I think we have something better than a Foles.

Comment

I totally understand that feeling. I know every game isn't going to be player of the week worthy and some may be pure stinkers. But I have faith in the those that are preparing him week in and week out.

Foles' problem was he didn't have Reid long enough. He had Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher, both of whom are legendary for their work with young QB's (tons of sarcasm intended). Had the Eagles not played hardball and agreed to trade him to KC, Alex Smith never gets there. Now he's viewed as damaged goods. But he's back with Reid in KC as Smith's backup. Will get very interesting if Smith goes down and Foles takes the helm.

Trevor has the fortune of playing for one of the best QB minded HC's in the game, that also uses one of the most successful offensive systems in the game.
            #swapping

Comment

Trevor is a cool, calm guy, even keeled. A thing I like about him is after he completes a TD pass he doesn't go racing into the endzone to join the celebration, he goes to the sideline and gets coached up instead of wasting coaching time jumping up and down.

I never understood why Elway pointed out that they liked Paxton Lynch's enthusiasm, how he'd run all the way to endzone to celebrate. That's a poor use of time and energy. The Qb can celebrate on the sideline, rest, and get coached up all at the same time.

Comment

• Every time I see Trevor Siemian play I think of the nickname "Matty Ice."
                I know he has not accomplished "much" yet, but...

The kid just seems calm, cool and collected all times.

I am very impressed thus far.
                Last edited by mozzerpete; 09-28-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• The Broncos have an excellent team in place ran by a guy who knows offense. It'd be tough for Siemian to 'fall off' in this position imo. Siemian might 'suck' eventually with a different team or if the Broncos talent drops off and they get considerably worse, but I'd imagine he'll be pretty solid. He's got awesome wide receivers, a solid OLine, personal brains and talent, and a smart coach.

Comment

• So far the team is 3-0. And looking for more under the kid!
                    Ready for October Falls

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                      I totally understand that feeling. I know every game isn't going to be player of the week worthy and some may be pure stinkers. But I have faith in the those that are preparing him week in and week out.

Foles' problem was he didn't have Reid long enough. He had Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher, both of whom are legendary for their work with young QB's (tons of sarcasm intended). Had the Eagles not played hardball and agreed to trade him to KC, Alex Smith never gets there. Now he's viewed as damaged goods. But he's back with Reid in KC as Smith's backup. Will get very interesting if Smith goes down and Foles takes the helm.

Trevor has the fortune of playing for one of the best QB minded HC's in the game, that also uses one of the most successful offensive systems in the game.
                      Just a point of fact, Foles' Pro Bowl season was under Chip Kelly as head coach.
                      2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
                        Just a point of fact, Foles' Pro Bowl season was under Chip Kelly as head coach.
                        I know. He only had a few games of actual play under Reid. That PB season with Chip, still had many of Reid's pieces. Then Chip tore the team apart and he only played 8 games due to injury. He struggled in STL, but that team and coaching staff is a complete debacle. They're like the NFC version of the Browns and are like QB purgatory. The only QB that has ever done well under Fisher, no matter who was OC, is McNair. Not saying he's great, but he's not as bad as he's been. Being back under the tutelage of one of the best QB coaches in the game is what he needed. Which is why Reid jumped at the chance to get him back.

That's really what I was getting at. How a good system and a good HC that understands how to teach a young QB to be productive in this system can create amazing results against such long odds.
                        #swapping

Comment

Working...
                        X