Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if Siemian has a strong year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's exceeded my expectations in the first half thus far.

Comment

I remember the Chargers from the mid 2000s when Drew Brees all of a suddenly developed a hot hand. Freaky stuff happens on the field and the Chargers hand were forced to let Brees walk. As long as we have a good qb we can worry about the other stuff later.
      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Trevor has been great, drove the field 3 straight times. INT sucked, but you can give a free release to a DT.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Trevor is confident, intelligent, and athletic with some serious arm talent. I am honestly more excited for his future than I was at any point with Brock. Them tipped balls need to go but outside of them, he was almost flawless. I think with this defense and our flashes we showed up front to be able to run the ball, I think he WILL have a very strong year and end up surprising a lot of people.

Comment

for his 1st NFL game against an elite defense, Trevor has played fine. Not great, but not bad either. Moved the ball well, been pretty accurate. 1st INT was kinda flukey, 2nd was all on him. Would like to see him take some shots down field. I hope he can grow from here, especially once coaches get enough film on him.

Comment

I'd love to see what he can accomplish under Kubiak/Dennison in a full two years of experience.

Comment

My criterion for "strong year" is that he plays well enough so that the offense isn't one-dimensional. If the defense has to respect the pass then CJ can keep making good yardage in the running game. What we don't want is a QB who opposing defenses don't respect enough to prevent them from constantly crowding the line of scrimmage. Then you run it on first and second down, hit brick walls, then have to ask a green quarterback to make it on third and long.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                  I felt the desire to help neutralize the negative/positive scale when it comes to our young starter, and then I realized. This is a pretty good question, that I really don't think Elway has the answer to.

I love what Paxton brings to the table. And obviously so does the whole front office. But what happens if Trevor continues to improve as he has every season for us. Do we just expect it to taper off just because of his draft value? He's consistently improved. And although I'm not asking for the next Joe Flacco, what if he's good enough to do more than just manage the game?

I have a lot of positive vibes from these two. I have faith in Elway/Kubiak's confidence in these Quarterbacks.
                  It depends on what Paxton does, obviously the ideal situation is Paxton because we have him under contract for longer. If Trevor does well enough who knows, we could net a first rounder out of him from some QB starved team. It's a good situation to be in honestly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    It depends on what Paxton does, obviously the ideal situation is Paxton because we have him under contract for longer. If Trevor does well enough who knows, we could net a first rounder out of him from some QB starved team. It's a good situation to be in honestly.
                    if he does well enough to net a first rounder, why not keep him?

Comment

My dream is that he starts for this team for 10 plus years!
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
                        if he does well enough to net a first rounder, why not keep him?
                        Because the kid behind him is likely to play just as well and has a few more years on his contract. That buys us more time of being competitive.
                        sigpic

Comment

Because the kid behind him is likely to play just as well and has a few more years on his contract. That buys us more time of being competitive.
                          maybe, or it could be another Plummer/Cutler situation

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
                            maybe, or it could be another Plummer/Cutler situation
                            Who knows. One way or another, it's a favorable situation to be in.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              Great question. Going to be interesting to see the responses.

What would you consider a strong year?

Much will depend on expectations or how his performance performance fits into the context of "winning football". Will he play all 16 games or just a few? Will the o-line and rushing game be dominant and keep the pressure off him?

For me a strong year will be judged on how competently he runs the offense. If he is making good decisions and not turning the ball over. If he is getting the ball to the playmakers. If he is protecting the field position and providing the defense with good situations if the team is unable to score.

Simply dependable smart football. Something I think Siemian is capable of doing the majority of the time.

Difficult to put into expected numbers but I would hope to see 65% completion rate or better, preferably a 2:1 TD/INT ratio (do not care if it was 24/12 or 6/3 depending on games played) , a YPA near 8 yards per catch and a dependable QB rating of 85 or above.

That would be a "strong year" for Siemian IMO.
                              Woah! Those would be Probowl numbers - LOL. Especially the YPA.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualFan View Post
                                My criterion for "strong year" is that he plays well enough so that the offense isn't one-dimensional. If the defense has to respect the pass then CJ can keep making good yardage in the running game. What we don't want is a QB who opposing defenses don't respect enough to prevent them from constantly crowding the line of scrimmage. Then you run it on first and second down, hit brick walls, then have to ask a green quarterback to make it on third and long.
                                Denver's O was balanced: 29 rushes; 26 passes; 47% pass/53% run, although Treveor's five rushing attempts began as pass plays.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X