Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if Siemian has a strong year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    It's pointless to talk about if this and if that regarding Lynch. The coaches say he isn't ready, so their focus is on their starter.
    Its a fan discussion board. Most of the stuff discussed is "pointless".

Does it really matter which team or player is ranked higher, should a penalty or fine be enforced or which player to play or which to draft?

Curious if you feel it is just as "pointless" to discuss how wonderful Siemian is doing or is it just the expressed concerns for needed improvement that are?

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Its a fan discussion board. Most of the stuff discussed is "pointless".

Does it really matter which team or player is ranked higher, should a penalty or fine be enforced or which player to play or which to draft?

Curious if you feel it is just as "pointless" to discuss how wonderful Siemian is doing or is it just the expressed concerns for needed improvement that are?
      Let me put it this way: It's less pointless to talk about the present than the coulda shoulda past.

Comment

• I think Kubes needs to let Trevor play ball, and stop all this conservative play calling, it is
        Painfully obvious Kubes is calling a conservative game with Trevor, and that type of play calling Kubes currently is displaying won't cut it this week with a hungry Cinci team.
        PAP and bootlegs along with the deep ball is a must this week, AND TREVOR NEEDS TO SCORE TDs in the red zone.
        3 run plays called on the 5 yard line is not being aggressive IMO, let's call some jump ball pass plays to VG or DT down there, in lieu of 3 run plays.
        Turn it loose Kubes, let those TE / WR EAT. Heck even a pass to Jano would be better than handing off 3 times to CJ or VB down on the 5 yard line.

Comment

• I think Kubiak is calling a very smart and controlled offense. This team is built around its defense, and is complimented by an offense in experimental mode. Our oline is doing its job in the run game, which will aid the passing game.

We have a young QB that needs to be nurtured though, not thrown into the fire. I like the plan with hope that we continue to open it up more and more as Trevor becomes more comfortable and confident.
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Over all I thought Semian did very well in his second start. Go Broncos.

Comment

And I will be ecstatic as anyone when the Broncos defense continues those trends. I also doubt that Dalton is able to maintain his 360 yards a game pace either.

This is going to be a tough road game against a quality opponent. Sure would be nice to see the offense not turn the ball over and score a couple TDs in a hostile environment.

Wouldn't you agree that giving the Bengals the ball a the end of the game and relying on a missed game winning FG or the defense scoring twice is a risky pattern of winning. Then again the Broncos lived on that razor's edge most of last season ... so who knows!
              Are you saying that will happen?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Bottom line is, Hopefully he goes on to have a HOF career. Lynch gets time, looks good enough to have a high trade value. Do it again. And again. The worst QB is the one you have to find. We found one, hope it lasts as long as it can.
                2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                  I think Kubiak is calling a very smart and controlled offense. This team is built around its defense, and is complimented by an offense in experimental mode. Our oline is doing its job in the run game, which will aid the passing game.

We have a young QB that needs to be nurtured though, not thrown into the fire. I like the plan with hope that we continue to open it up more and more as Trevor becomes more comfortable and confident.
                  I think Trevor is a smart Player and ready for Kubes to open up the playbook. As I believe dinking and dunking between the 30s is why we can't punch it in once in the redzone.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                    I think Trevor is a smart Player and ready for Kubes to open up the playbook. As I believe dinking and dunking between the 30s is why we can't punch it in once in the redzone.
                    I think you're correct in saying that Trevor is a smart player. However, you also have to consider that it's not just Trevor's comfort level we're talking about here, it Kubes. He is the one calling the shots and evidently he feels better with CJ's ball security over Trevs. I'm sure that will change over the course of the season.
                    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                      Don't expect a lot of deep plays, Kubiak's offense utilizes quick reads and a TON of short passes. Looking back at the Texans 2012 playoff year, less than 5% of Matt Shaub's passes were more than 20 yards down the field.

The Broncos receivers are some of the best in the NFL at getting YAC, the majority of the big plays in the passing game will be like that 44 yard screen pass to DT. This is where an accurate QB like Siemian can excel in this offense, a short quick pass placed just right allowing the receiver to run 10 plus yards after catching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Are you saying that will happen?
                        Just pointing out a trend I have seen on the field. . Same as you did when you pointed out the Bengals early trends in allowing sacks and struggling to run the ball. Nothing definitive yet, just observations.

Bottom line is I would like to see some improved play from Siemian at QB. Most importantly some TDs being scored by the offense.

As you stated, all that matters is the W. But I would like to see a bit more balance of production from the offense. Broncos defense has been playing incredible but this year has started comparable to last year. Just holding on at the end of games instead of putting away teams early or running out the clock.

At some point some of the close games are going to start going against the Broncos. Probably way too early but projecting out a bit, the difference between 10-6 and 12-4 could mean the difference of opening on the road instead of being at home when the playoffs start. .

Comment

Just pointing out a trend I have seen on the field. . Same as you did when you pointed out the Bengals early trends in allowing sacks and struggling to run the ball. Nothing definitive yet, just observations.

Bottom line is I would like to see some improved play from Siemian at QB. Most importantly some TDs being scored by the offense.

As you stated, all that matters is the W. But I would like to see a bit more balance of production from the offense. Broncos defense has been playing incredible but this year has started comparable to last year. Just holding on at the end of games instead of putting away teams early or running out the clock.

At some point some of the close games are going to start going against the Broncos. Probably way too early but projecting out a bit, the difference between 10-6 and 12-4 could mean the difference of opening on the road instead of being at home when the playoffs start. .
                          So, your answer is "No"?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            So, your answer is "No"?
                            Pretty sure my initial comment was "who knows" but I am comfortable with my continued followup answer too.

Perhaps you would like to add an opinion of your expectations. Not a prediction, I know how you dislike them. Maybe a cliche filled " get a player, coach a play, let a player play," type response.

Or perhaps a much more informed breakdown of the past offensive struggles and potential positives this week would be appropriate. Or maybe instruct us on the defensive probabilities of getting 4 sacks and how the Bengals run game will continue to be limited as you posted.

Obviously you are incredibly capable to do so. Those are the posts I find informative and appreciate the most.

Comment

• We did try some deep balls vs. Indy. DT dropped one, and drew a PI on another. We don't need a larger fraction of our plays to be low-percentage ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                                I think you're correct in saying that Trevor is a smart player. However, you also have to consider that it's not just Trevor's comfort level we're talking about here, it Kubes. He is the one calling the shots and evidently he feels better with CJ's ball security over Trevs. I'm sure that will change over the course of the season.
                                Well if we fall behind on the scoreboard coming into the half, I believe Kubes has no other choice to be aggressive with his play calling.
                                I feel bad for the D, seems like kubes is getting too comfortable with putting the game in the hands of our D. We need to jump on our opponents and get a lead, this dink and dunking will eventually come back to haunt us if we aren't capable of striking quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X