Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if Siemian has a strong year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
    Just a point of fact, Foles' Pro Bowl season was under Chip Kelly as head coach.
    I know. He only had a few games of actual play under Reid. That PB season with Chip, still had many of Reid's pieces. Then Chip tore the team apart and he only played 8 games due to injury. He struggled in STL, but that team and coaching staff is a complete debacle. They're like the NFC version of the Browns and are like QB purgatory. The only QB that has ever done well under Fisher, no matter who was OC, is McNair. Not saying he's great, but he's not as bad as he's been. Being back under the tutelage of one of the best QB coaches in the game is what he needed. Which is why Reid jumped at the chance to get him back.

That's really what I was getting at. How a good system and a good HC that understands how to teach a young QB to be productive in this system can create amazing results against such long odds.

Leave a comment:

• ChupaThingy
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    I totally understand that feeling. I know every game isn't going to be player of the week worthy and some may be pure stinkers. But I have faith in the those that are preparing him week in and week out.

Foles' problem was he didn't have Reid long enough. He had Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher, both of whom are legendary for their work with young QB's (tons of sarcasm intended). Had the Eagles not played hardball and agreed to trade him to KC, Alex Smith never gets there. Now he's viewed as damaged goods. But he's back with Reid in KC as Smith's backup. Will get very interesting if Smith goes down and Foles takes the helm.

Trevor has the fortune of playing for one of the best QB minded HC's in the game, that also uses one of the most successful offensive systems in the game.
    Just a point of fact, Foles' Pro Bowl season was under Chip Kelly as head coach.

Leave a comment:

• JPPT1974
    replied
    So far the team is 3-0. And looking for more under the kid!

Leave a comment:

• Pat_
    replied
    The Broncos have an excellent team in place ran by a guy who knows offense. It'd be tough for Siemian to 'fall off' in this position imo. Siemian might 'suck' eventually with a different team or if the Broncos talent drops off and they get considerably worse, but I'd imagine he'll be pretty solid. He's got awesome wide receivers, a solid OLine, personal brains and talent, and a smart coach.

Leave a comment:

• mozzerpete
    replied
    Every time I see Trevor Siemian play I think of the nickname "Matty Ice."
    I know he has not accomplished "much" yet, but...

The kid just seems calm, cool and collected all times.

I am very impressed thus far.
    Last edited by mozzerpete; 09-28-2016, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Acedude
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I really like Trevor and I hope he's the "Truth," but I can't help but think "Nick Foles" over and over in my head. I hope it's not the case, but the guy went from Pro Bowl to Zero. It's still a bit of an enigma for me. I still don't understand how that can happen.
    Trevor is a cool, calm guy, even keeled. A thing I like about him is after he completes a TD pass he doesn't go racing into the endzone to join the celebration, he goes to the sideline and gets coached up instead of wasting coaching time jumping up and down.

I never understood why Elway pointed out that they liked Paxton Lynch's enthusiasm, how he'd run all the way to endzone to celebrate. That's a poor use of time and energy. The Qb can celebrate on the sideline, rest, and get coached up all at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    I really like Trevor and I hope he's the "Truth," but I can't help but think "Nick Foles" over and over in my head. I hope it's not the case, but the guy went from Pro Bowl to Zero. It's still a bit of an enigma for me. I still don't understand how that can happen.
    I totally understand that feeling. I know every game isn't going to be player of the week worthy and some may be pure stinkers. But I have faith in the those that are preparing him week in and week out.

Foles' problem was he didn't have Reid long enough. He had Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher, both of whom are legendary for their work with young QB's (tons of sarcasm intended). Had the Eagles not played hardball and agreed to trade him to KC, Alex Smith never gets there. Now he's viewed as damaged goods. But he's back with Reid in KC as Smith's backup. Will get very interesting if Smith goes down and Foles takes the helm.

Trevor has the fortune of playing for one of the best QB minded HC's in the game, that also uses one of the most successful offensive systems in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    That's a good comparison to make considering the amount of play time (not a whole lot) each had before being thrust in to the starting position. The main difference is that Chip Kelly ran a gimmick offense for Foles to simplify things for him. It worked great until it was exposed. When Foles eventually got in a rut he had nothing to fall back on, in a traditional offense scheme (he's not good reading defenses, etc.), on and their problems only mounted.

Siemian appears to be a notch above Foles. That doesn't mean he'll turn out a regular starter, but he is going through the processes and learning the whole system, not just what works now. Time will tell, but I think we have something better than a Foles.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Either way we are good! We got Paxton waiting for his shot.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Well at least Nick Foles played well for an entire season. I'll take that.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua2585
    replied
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 09-28-2016, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Or, if that wall of text is just too much, TLDR:

He's a butcher in training and right now he's just sharpening his blades.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    It's a balanced offense which seems to be improving. When inside the +20, they need to get the ball in the EZ. In that area, the routes are shorter and the rushing attack is up against GL D. There are some things which can be done to improve in this phase of the game, and it will be interesting to see what the Broncos do.

I'd say Trevor has shown that he does have the potential to be a lethally effective RZ QB because of how he performs in the 'dink and dunk' play selection between the 30's. It's a drastically different situation (RZ versus moving the chains) mainly because the defenders have less field to defend and the QB has to process information much more quickly. And, of course, his pre-snap reads become much more important. And mistakes will be magnified, that's just the nature of the game. But there is still a continuity in the process. He has the mobility. More importantly he has the ability to deliver a catchable ball while on the move. He has the accuracy. He's going to be fine. It looks to me like his bad throws come when he isn't throwing with confidence-that internal stutter when he isn't completely sure that he's doing the right thing screws up his mechanics. It's great that he has a very calm appearance and that he generally plays like he's cool under pressure, but he has moments of self doubt in the Red Zone and it has shown up from time to time. The thing is though that as of right now that's perfectly fine. It's acceptable. Even expected. He's getting better week by week. I honestly think that by the end of the year he will be regarded very highly by anyone who watches him play. I'm just going to come out and say it: He's got a bit of Manning in him.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    RK PLAYER TEAM COM ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G
    11 Trevor Siemian, QB DEN 63 94 67.0 756 8.04 55 5 3 5 95.9 252

Early on the question of "what is considered a strong year" was posed. If the young man can continue at this level of performance he would be having a "strong" year IMO. Impressive development so far!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Has everyone forgotten Austin Davis? If Trevor hits the floor from injury or bad play Davis should be playing next, not Lynch
    It's a reasonable assumption. In that scenario, Kubiak would play the guy he thought gave the team the best chance. Every game Trevor plays adds more time for Paxton's development. As Elway has said, "We don't draft Pro Bowlers. We develop Pro Bowlers."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X