I'm about to say something that's going to upset all you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Wentz (278 yards, 101.0 QB rate) and Garoppolo (264 yards, 106.1 QB rate) played at a higher level than Siemian (178 yards, 69.1 QB rate), so I can understand if they're getting more attention. Besides, one is the #2 overall pick and the other is a 2nd-round pick, so they don't get overlooked like a 7th-round QB. Prescott (227 yards, 69.4 QB rate) crashed back to Earth after a stellar preseason but the media loves the Cowboys and he's still riding the glory of his preseason games.

As a 7th-round pick presumably keeping the seat warm for Paxton Lynch, Siemian will need a big-time game to open some eyes.
    Wentz played the friggin Browns, so I am not impressed. Jimmy-G played a very suspect Cardinals defense, again not impressed. Dak played the Giants who might have had the worst defense last year next to the Saints.

Trevor however played one of the top defenses in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
      The Sirius talk on him this morning is that he threw short and easy passes all night and will be a liability when the game gets bigger. Apparently he 'aint got 'nuff arm to suit them

It should be noted that the Kitty's were at full strength on both sides of the ball and were sportin' last year's MVP at QB. Palmer looked flat last night and Jimmy G was just serviceable, will we top the power rankings? Not likely, but then again, we are from The West ( which means we're not from The East) but we like it that way.
      Until playoffs, how much bigger are the games going to get, than playing the defending NFC champions?
      I really like Cheese.

Comment

• Go ahead and sticky this thread because every week there will be legit complaints about our lack of respect.

Took people until after the Super Bowl to finally realize how good the defense was that played in Denver.

I expect the same this year and Siemen grows into a legit number 1 qb and our running game becomes legit.

Btw what our offensive line and running game did should be talked about more then Siemen....Carolina front 7 is elite.

Siemen showed us what he will become but he still has work to do.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I can't believe they have the Broncos, after week one, at #10. It's really unexplainable. They should be higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
            Imo the two INT's would not have been INT'S if Lynch was in the game. I think Lynch would have made different mistakes but not the ones Trevor did.

For starters Lynch has a much stronger arm and I truly believe the throw to Sanders would have made it there had Lynch been playing. Also the INT where the ball was batted down. Lynch is simply much taller with a higher delivery...so I think that throw is made or he at least runs for some positive yards.

And the positives are huge though. Fast passes to avoid negative plays. He also ran and picked up multiple 1st downs for us. All in all encouraging. Difference between Trevor and some of the other 1st time starters was that Trevor was not statistically as good as they were and he is a 7th rounder.
            My only suggestion to you is Instead of looking to stats, watch the players.
            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              In some respects yes but...you can extrapolate match ups, coverages etc and see there is much to be corrected.
              Individual stats are for fantasy football. Team stats are more useful to coaches than individual performances. In the season opener, Denver was outgained in total yards, minus five minutes in TOP and minus two in turnovers. They were +1 on the scoreboard. Take your pick. I'll go with the scoreboard. Trevor's stats just tell what needs to be fixed: ball security. Breakdown of the video is a guide to specifics.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The Sirius talk on him this morning is that he threw short and easy passes all night and will be a liability when the game gets bigger. Apparently he 'aint got 'nuff arm to suit them

It should be noted that the Kitty's were at full strength on both sides of the ball and were sportin' last year's MVP at QB. Palmer looked flat last night and Jimmy G was just serviceable, will we top the power rankings? Not likely, but then again, we are from The West ( which means we're not from The East) but we like it that way.
                I stand corrected, Bleacher Report has us #!...Cool. For what its worth.
                [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                  All I keep hearing about are the debuts of Garoppolo, Wentz, and Prescott. Where is the love for Trevor? Not one media outlet it talking about him. What gives?

He did beat the defending NFC Champions, but that's none of my business.
                  You must be new to the typical sports network biases. East Coast, West Coast, and Cowboys. If you don't play for one of those teams, you basically have to just about put Cam Newton in the hospital to get any press, good or bad. That being said, Trevor had a good game but still has a lot of work to do. I'd say he looked better than Prescott, not as good as Garoppolo or Wentz, but you have to take into account that the Cardinals looked horrendous on defense and Wentz was playing against the Browns lol.
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

I stand corrected, Bleacher Report has us #!...Cool. For what its worth.
                    I love when we're ranked number exclamation point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      Go ahead and sticky this thread because every week there will be legit complaints about our lack of respect.

Took people until after the Super Bowl to finally realize how good the defense was that played in Denver.

I expect the same this year and Siemen grows into a legit number 1 qb and our running game becomes legit.

Btw what our offensive line and running game did should be talked about more then Siemen....Carolina front 7 is elite.

Siemen showed us what he will become but he still has work to do.
                      Just say Trevor or Trev. There is nobody on the team named Siemen.

Do you sell electrical goods or what?

Comment

• Hey, I think Trevor played outstanding for his first start and definitely better than Dak. Wentz did play better but maybe that was due more to the opponent and game plan than the QB play. Garrapolo was probably due to getting a win no one really expected.
                        The answer is pretty clear those hits took the spotlight - and not in a good way. Trevor will get the credit he deserves when he wins a game we are not supposed to win and we don't have other "distractions". Maybe the Cincy game will do that - although not sure we won't be favored after the way the Jets handled their dline

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                          Siemien was average at best. One pick and another potential INT does not make for a great QB rating. He has room for ALOT of improvement.
                          This weeks award for the fan who didn't watch the game, but saw the stats goes to....
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                            You must be new to the typical sports network biases. East Coast, West Coast, and Cowboys. If you don't play for one of those teams, you basically have to just about put Cam Newton in the hospital to get any press, good or bad. That being said, Trevor had a good game but still has a lot of work to do. I'd say he looked better than Prescott, not as good as Garoppolo or Wentz, but you have to take into account that the Cardinals looked horrendous on defense and Wentz was playing against the Browns lol.
                            Exactly. According to what I hear from the "East Coast Sports Media", and the NFL Network on SiriusXM (travelling this week), the Carolina Panthers, for all intents and purposes, won the game last Thursday, AND won the Super Bowl last February.

Trevor Siemian? I though he should go in last year over osweiler, knowing that osweiler would not be under Contract at the end of the season, and from the "dreaded vote of confidence" from Elway, was likely gone.

The Indy game will be a huge test for Siemian. Luck seems to do well against the Broncos, and has the ability to run up HUGE numbers against us. Let's see how Siemian is able to keep up, this week.

Comment

• Look for long methodical drives in this game, run the ball and have Trevor dink and dunk down the field, we just need to win the TOP and put points on the board. Either by FG or TD's, at all cost just keep Luck on the sideline, plus if Talib keeps his cool with no late hits or personal fouls, I like our chances.
                              I also think Trevor will test them deep a few times this game, but just enough to get the Dline from stacking the box.
                              Colts secondary is very thin, and with rookies too boot.
                              Broncos 31
                              Colts 24

Comment

Working...
                              X