I'm worried about Marshall getting suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm worried about Marshall getting suspended

There has been a ton of talk in the media about the "dirty headhunting Broncos"

Most of it I dont pay attention to, but the Marshall hit is pretty bad and I am worried it may end up being more than a fine. I didn't feel any of the others were more than part of the game, but Marshall's was a textbook flagrant hit where he launched with the helmet after ball was released and speared Cam.

Check this out..

Here is a few of the links to the media talking about it:

http://deadspin.com/the-broncos-went...ght-1786417452

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/9/128...s-nfl-referees

I love our aggressive D-fence but you cannot lead with your helmet.
    Would not be surprised if Marshall is suspended.

Comment

Neither Marshall or Stewart made an attempt to tackle...both lead with helmets and will be fined. They can suspend Marshall all they want, I won't lose sleep over it.
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Both of the bad hits Cam was in the air and on the way down. Hard to dial it back and change your trajectory, more so for Stewart, not so much for Marshall, but that clip cuts it off to short, it doesn't look like he hit him as hard as he wanted to. But these guys are taught to pop up when they hit so that's why you see so many hits like that.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, did I just witness another flawless football game played by our opponent's OL?

Despite our relentless pass rush, they didn't call offensive holding once on CAR. Seems like same story as last season, where refs eat the whistle....

Comment

The ability to, within a nanosecond, perfectly calculate the exact location of the mobile QBs head on the run, knowing exactly when he's going to tuck it down is pretty surreal.

Perhaps the reason they weren't calling these hits like they do on QBs is because Cam wasn't acting like a QB, and incidental head-to-head collisions on RBs happen. While you can't bring your head down to take out a QB, a RB can often require it. Cam doesn't get to run around and put himself out there then complain when he gets burned.

The only one that was in the pocket that I saw was the Miller hit, in which miller wasn't leading with the helmet and Newton came down at the wrong time. It was still flagged because of how much they protect QBs, but there ya go.

You're probably right that Marshal will be fined, if only because of the controversy. Its unfortunate though since its really Newtons own doing most of the time.

Comment

Kubiack is as responsible as the players for these completely illegal hits and should be fined even more than the players...

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                Unless I'm mistaken, did I just witness another flawless football game played by our opponent's OL?

Despite our relentless pass rush, they didn't call offensive holding once on CAR. Seems like same story as last season, where refs eat the whistle....
                They did allow a lot of holding. I'm not sure if both teams got away with it or not but that does not make Marshall's hit right.

Originally posted by JohnnyNight View Post
                Kubiack is as responsible as the players for these completely illegal hits and should be fined even more than the players...
                I don't even know what to say about this...

Are you aware of some conspiracy where Kubiak told his players to head hunt? Why Kubiak and not Phillips too?

Let's just put that to rest...

Comment

Marshall launched hisself at Cam, that will get you suspended. And Stew will be fined for that hit as-well.

Comment

Cam was complaining about the no calls he got on him after the game and the question came up on Mike&Mike whether the refs treat him differently.

Part of the issue is that when you become a runner, you're supposedly no longer a QB, or so I thought.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Honestly, I didn't see any "headhunting". Were there some helmet to helmet hits? Yes, but not a egregious as people are making them sound. None of those hits were James Harrison level dirty (intentional). People are just mad because the refs didn't call them and CAR lost. And since every anal-ist had CAR winning, and we spat in their faces with that crazy win.......... a created controversy to justify the loss is all this is.

Now the aftermath of the Stewart hit is what should be why they didn't take Cam to be evluated when he was clearly dazed and out of it. That's the only controversy that should be.
                      #swapping

Comment

I think it's been clear for a while that mobile quarterbacks, especially the big ones, get treated differently. The Broncos are lucky that Stewart was the only one to get flagged and that it offset with an intentional grounding.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The Stewart and Marshall hits were bad. Should've been flagged. Will get fined at a minimum

Comment

In all fairness cam is a running QB and a very big one at that. He could have been going full speed anticipating a run. Or it could have been a frustration play Marshall did have a bad game last night. Either way 100% certain its a fine for both players and 50% certain is a suspension for Marshall.

Comment

Marshall will get himself a fairly hefty fine, no doubt. And it will be warranted with that hit to Cam's helmet. But I can't remember him ever getting fined previously for bad hits before. It took countless instances of dirty play for Vontaze Burfict to be suspended for on-field hits, I can't imagine that Marshall will be suspended for one illegal hit.

Comment

Working...
                              X