Gary Kubiak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Kubiak

OK, this guy is impressive. He names a no name QB as his starter. He installs a FB in todays league successfully. He makes gutsy decisions in cutting a Vet Punter, RB and keeps every single draft pick on all ready stacked roster. He decides that the first 4-5 plays are throws with an unproven QB. He makes a game winning decision to ice the kicker. Any thing I miss. This guy already had my mad respect for bringing us a SB win last year....but he just upped his stock last night.......by a large margin :thumb:

Gary keeps his composure and never stops thinking about the situation and what to do about it. He is a meticulous planner, and is always prepared.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Kubiak managed the game very well last night. His decisions pretty much won the game. Going on fourth down, calling a game-saving timeout at the end... I was hoping to see some explosive passing plays against those rookie CBs, but maybe there were some calls like that and Siemian just did not pull the trigger. The OL that barely practiced together was able to open some nice holes against a top front-seven. The fullback was huge in the game. I can only imagine this style of offense with an experienced Paxton Lynch under center.

Kubiak's offense is pretty good. Last season was an adjustment, a compromise. Each year he will have more and more players that fit what he likes to do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
        OK, this guy is impressive. He names a no name QB as his starter. He installs a FB in todays league successfully. He makes gutsy decisions in cutting a Vet Punter, RB and keeps every single draft pick on all ready stacked roster. He decides that the first 4-5 plays are throws with an unproven QB. He makes a game winning decision to ice the kicker. Any thing I miss. This guy already had my mad respect for bringing us a SB win last year....but he just upped his stock last night.......by a large margin :thumb:
        I am a Kubiak fan and generally agree with your points but I must say that the jury is very much still out on the wisdom of choosing Dixon over Colquitt at punter. I know Dixon is a rookie with room to improve but he was not very good last night and his bad punt late in the fourth was almost a contributing factor to losing the game. The Broncos really need a good punt there to pin the Panthers deep but instead they got the ball at the 40. Colquitt was a very reliable punter and I hope that this particular decision does not come back to haunt this team.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
          I am a Kubiak fan and generally agree with your points but I must say that the jury is very much still out on the wisdom of choosing Dixon over Colquitt at punter. I know Dixon is a rookie with room to improve but he was not very good last night and his bad punt late in the fourth was almost a contributing factor to losing the game. The Broncos really need a good punt there to pin the Panthers deep but instead they got the ball at the 40. Colquitt was a very reliable punter and I hope that this particular decision does not come back to haunt this team.
          I think we were forced to cut Colquitt to pay for Sanders. Which I'm completely for.
          I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
            This is inaccurate Imo. Dixon had an average of 46.7 yards last night. That would have been top 10 last year. His "Bad" punt was 42 yards while bouncing back a couple yards. It was untimely to have his worst punt of the night, but his distance on that punt was the same as Colquitt's average last year. His other two punts were perfectly fine. He did just as well or better than Colquitt was all of last year besides playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
              This is inaccurate Imo. Dixon had an average of 46.7 yards last night. That would have been top 10 last year. His "Bad" punt was 42 yards while bouncing back a couple yards. It was untimely to have his worst punt of the night, but his distance on that punt was the same as Colquitt's average last year. His other two punts were perfectly fine. He did just as well or better than Colquitt was all of last year besides playoffs.
              Won't let me edit for some reason: but I meant distance of his bad punt in the air was the same as Colquitt's average, before someone calls me out. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                He's finally in the "right" organization. Houston was a learning experience for him. He had almost the same great staff and some great drafts, but it didn't all click. But here, u add in the "Elway Factor" and everything works now. Those 2 are totally synced in how they want to continue to build this team and what the needs and expectations are from the players. Houston may be where he's from, but he knows Denver is home. And like Dorthy says, "there's no place like home".

As far as I'm concerned, there's no body better suited to be the head coach of the Denver Broncos. He "gets us" and we "get him".
                #swapping

Comment

Love me some Kubiak. Personally, I think too many people equate running/ball control with "conservative". I disagree, a conservative coach doesn't go for it on 4th down late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. Oh, and he called a running play FTW. I personally prefer punching the opposing team in the mouth FTW.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hella impressed with Kubiak and just love how

Even with the Texans he was quoted saying his dream job would be to be the coach of the Broncos...saying it was his home....then we hired Fox instead

But now....he's here. And it is literally just like a dream so far.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      Kubiak managed the game very well last night. His decisions pretty much won the game. Going on fourth down, calling a game-saving timeout at the end... I was hoping to see some explosive passing plays against those rookie CBs, but maybe there were some calls like that and Siemian just did not pull the trigger. The OL that barely practiced together was able to open some nice holes against a top front-seven. The fullback was huge in the game. I can only imagine this style of offense with an experienced Paxton Lynch under center.

Kubiak's offense is pretty good. Last season was an adjustment, a compromise. Each year he will have more and more players that fit what he likes to do.
                      I would have loved to see Kubes with Tebow as he was amazing at the playaction/option handoffs, and at that even better than Jake Plummer was. What is amazing when we see how Broncos has developed at the management level since 2010/2011 is that all those coaches that got so much credit for the results in 2011 and onwards (Dennis Allen, Mike McCoy, John Fox, Adam Gase) all lost and have not experienced success away from Denver.

I am very pleased with Trevor Siemian and I am as interested in seing him develop as Lynch. I reallly like that the problems Siemian had were not in reading the game, but in judging the physical abilities of the opponents. He will improve on that!

It is amazing to see Kubes give us treats again - sorry but I rated Kubes higher than Shanny in 2005 and am estatic he is back!
                      Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 09-12-2016, 04:28 AM.

Comment

On another thread, I ranked Kubiak lower than Arians. After last night, I admit that I was horribly wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                          On another thread, I ranked Kubiak lower than Arians. After last night, I admit that I was horribly wrong.
                          The Cardinals did not look like they were well prepared to play last night. Maybe they thought it would be easy at home with Brady and Gronkowsi out. Coaches need to find ways to combat that kind of attitude. Team leadership helps as well.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                            I would have loved to see Kubes with Tebow as he was amazing at the playaction/option handoffs, and at that even better than Jake Plummer was.
                            Makes me think of Sam pointing out that he never thought he'd see PA run out of an empty backfield set, lol!
                            #swapping

Comment

I will always love the Kubes and the swagger he brings to Denver. The man is coaching in a city and for a team he has loved for so many years. It only makes sense that he'd do very well.

However, we have to give credit to where credit is due. We owe everything to Elway and what he has done for this organization since taking us over. Builds an all time great offense. Doesn't win, retools and builds an all time great defense two years later. Wins. He's just something special. He brings in special people, and gets special things accomplished on the field.

It's a golden time to be a Denver fan right now. Regardless of the state of QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X