Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last 2 years.. Great adjustments

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Last 2 years.. Great adjustments

    I cant think of a better coaching staff that makes better 2nd half adjustments. Just like last year, this past week proved again why the whole Bronco staff is the best their is. Between Kubiak and Phillips making adjustments at the half, this is a HUGE reason for winning all these close games. We have potential to be good for a really long time.:thumb:

    I just thought id share that. I didn't notice if anyone posted something similar..Thanks

  • #2
    We do an amazing job making adjustments.

    Kudos to you for a sharp notice. Cuz that is so huge ...and we always do a great job of it. Very unlike years past

    Comment


    • #3
      That was what frustrated me most about our Fox lead teams...very little to zero halftime adjustments. We'd just keep banging our heads against the wall over and over. Really feels like our current staff has the confidence in our players to be able to switch gears at halftime and take advantage of things we hadn't expected to see in the 1st half :thumb:
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
        That was what frustrated me most about our Fox lead teams...very little to zero halftime adjustments. We'd just keep banging our heads against the wall over and over. Really feels like our current staff has the confidence in our players to be able to switch gears at halftime and take advantage of things we hadn't expected to see in the 1st half :thumb:
        Exactly. We never made adjustments with Fox and it drove me insaneeee

        Complete opposite now....as I'd previously said. I wish we'd hired Kubes the first time around over Fox...maybe Champ could've grabbed a ring

        Comment


        • #5
          I can not remember if it was America's Game or Worth the Wait where they talked about the major offensive adjustments during the first KC game in 2015.

          We had actually practiced and prepared for the adjustments in case we needed to do it.

          To think we have gone from what seemed to be an inability to make adjustments to the fact we prepare for adjustments before game day even...

          We got a lot of good coaching on this team man!
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            We had actually practiced and prepared for the adjustments in case we needed to do it.
            To me that shows a coaching staff that is spending a lot of time in the film room. Back in the Redskin's glory days under Joe Gibbs first go round ('81 - '92), I always thought halftime adjustments were his major strength. 12 seasons, 4 NFC championships & 3 SB's...smart halftime adjustments = success. So great to have an aggressive and smart coaching staff
            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

            Comment


            • #7
              That's what great coaching will do for ya, right?

              One of the most effective adjustments we made in the game on Thursday was the way they rushed Cam

              1st half they seemed to rush around the edge, and the Panthers did a pretty good job of anticipating that and nullifying it.

              Well in the 2nd half they started rushing around the edge but would spin or stop to hook back around up into the middle. A few times they'd even sort of camp out in that guard area to contain Cam and sometimes he'd come right to them.

              Great adjustment that kept CAR off the scoreboard while our offense figured some things out on their own

              I love my Broncos
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree, and adjustments always give the fans something to look forward to. You know that if the game is close, the coaches can adjust and do better the second half. We did do it last year in the regular season, but the Bronco coaches out did ours, and we have some of the best. With Siemian, I see the Broncos having a good season. Would like to play the Broncos again in the SB, and maybe three times would be the charm.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ncpantherfan View Post
                  I agree, and adjustments always give the fans something to look forward to. You know that if the game is close, the coaches can adjust and do better the second half. We did do it last year in the regular season, but the Bronco coaches out did ours, and we have some of the best. With Siemian, I see the Broncos having a good season. Would like to play the Broncos again in the SB, and maybe three times would be the charm.
                  Thanks for the classy comment. Always great to see posters from other teams here. Your team will still likely win the NFC south and find its way to the playoffs.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I admire how they adjust themselves. It is hard to maintain composure and wonder when they will adjust anything when we are still in the first half, but they have a way of getting it done.

                    I want to also say the coaching staff's preparation may be a reason we are so good in depth. I figure everyone is on the same page and knows what THEY have to do. When someone goes down, they are willing to step right in and do their job. At least that is how it feels on the defense with Webster, Barret, numerous defensive linemen.

                    Go Broncos!
                    50 Stars and 13 Bars

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Great responses!!

                      Glad im not the only one who realizes how good this coaching staff really is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                        That was what frustrated me most about our Fox lead teams...very little to zero halftime adjustments. We'd just keep banging our heads against the wall over and over. Really feels like our current staff has the confidence in our players to be able to switch gears at halftime and take advantage of things we hadn't expected to see in the 1st half :thumb:
                        Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                        Exactly. We never made adjustments with Fox and it drove me insaneeee

                        Complete opposite now....as I'd previously said. I wish we'd hired Kubes the first time around over Fox...maybe Champ could've grabbed a ring
                        Shanny towards the end would make you pull your hair out. We could be up by thirty points at the half and still lose the game. :brick:
                        [sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Had to drag this back up. Another GREAT example of adjustments yesterday.One of the major ones yesterday seemed to be able to stop the run.WOW this Bronco team is gooood.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ftblman View Post
                            I cant think of a better coaching staff that makes better 2nd half adjustments. Just like last year, this past week proved again why the whole Bronco staff is the best their is. Between Kubiak and Phillips making adjustments at the half, this is a HUGE reason for winning all these close games. We have potential to be good for a really long time.:thumb:

                            I just thought id share that. I didn't notice if anyone posted something similar..Thanks
                            Actually, Wade made quick in-game adjustments with the running game defense after our defense gave up that quick running TC. After that, we were able to contain it. Love our coaches' ability to make these in-game and half-time adjustments.

                            Also, look at the difference in preparation. Not only did they prepare Trevor for the crowd noise in the stands by playing the noise around him but they played the noise in the huddle. Now, that's smart.
                            Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-26-2016, 04:53 AM.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                              That was what frustrated me most about our Fox lead teams...very little to zero halftime adjustments. We'd just keep banging our heads against the wall over and over. Really feels like our current staff has the confidence in our players to be able to switch gears at halftime and take advantage of things we hadn't expected to see in the 1st half :thumb:
                              This is so damn true. It was so annoying. He really was just a "stabilizing" Coach. I'm sorry, I have said it so many times, but I just didn't get why he consistently drafted prospects and recruited FA's, that fit great in a 3-4 but he stubbornly ran a 4-3 scheme. I'm starting to really think he might have held us back more than he helped us during his years.
                              New England Patriots GM

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X