Question about Von Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Von Miller

I just saw his big play in the Super Bowl against the Panthers.

He was pretty flagrantly held on the play. The ref had a clear view of it as well.

Does this happen to him often? Just wondering.

Originally posted by dolphinsneu View Post

He was pretty flagrantly held on the play. The ref had a clear view of it as well.

Yes almost every play.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Go back and watch the Panthers game. There was one play where he had a defenders arm under his arm pit and looped back to prevent him from sacking Cam. This was all out in the open and yet no call.

While this doesn't happen on every play it happens ALOT and is rarely called.

For example as others have posted I do not believe Carolina was called for one offensive hold the entire game on us.

Comment

All the time.

He is often double teamed on top of the holding...yet still dominates.

IMO, he's the best defensive player in the NFL not named Watt.

But ... of he keeps playing the rest of the year like he has the last 4 or 5 games (going back to last year), he will surpass Watt. There is even already MVP talk being thrown around. And that actually worries me somewhat...no Denver player EVER gets that kind of attention around the league.
        sigpic

Comment

I believe there was one point late last year that the Broncos had the most sacks but the fewest holding calls in the NFL.

Like how does that even happen, the team that is getting the most pressure on opposing QBs should, by default, be getting held the most to stop them.

Comment

Is a football brown? Every play!
            sigpic

Comment

Every freaking play he get held.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                All the time.

He is often double teamed on top of the holding...yet still dominates.

IMO, he's the best defensive player in the NFL not named Watt.

But ... of he keeps playing the rest of the year like he has the last 4 or 5 games (going back to last year), he will surpass Watt. There is even already MVP talk being thrown around. And that actually worries me somewhat...no Denver player EVER gets that kind of attention around the league.
                Peyton Manning was league MVP in 2013
                sigpic

Comment

The last 4 games he has 9 sacks and 3 forced fumbles(2 returned for touchdowns the other resulted in 1 St and goal) an interception and a pass breakup against a wr running a fly down the sideline. All against top 10 offenses. Ridiculous! With all that said I think his biggest impact over the years has been the forced internal clock speed up of all opposing QBs. If anything I think that gets the most overlooked. He doesn't get doubled teamed as much as some think, but to be honest no one does not even jj. It's the pros they are suppose to atleast get in the way of the rusher to slow him down just a second. Being an edge rusher is kind of like an MLB batter you only need to win a small percentage of the time to be successful ( I mean if you beat your guy but their qb got the ball out in 1 second there isn't anything you can do about that). The difference is the QBs know they must take take the first option if it is even somewhat available and that is definitely a hidden statistic of Vons.

Comment

Every play.
                    sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                      Peyton Manning was league MVP in 2013
                      Granted, there was Manning.

But when was the last time before him? Elway in 87 off the top of my head.
                      sigpic

Comment

Terrell Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          I believe there was one point late last year that the Broncos had the most sacks but the fewest holding calls in the NFL.

Like how does that even happen, the team that is getting the most pressure on opposing QBs should, by default, be getting held the most to stop them.
                          There was an article with analysis of the holding calls - I'll see if I can find it.

Interestingly Denver ranked 5th for penalties by opponents as a beneficiary of calls. Denver accepted 132 penalties for 1214 yards in 2015.

Games: 19
                          Plays: 2749
                          Pre-snap Count: 40
                          Declined: 12
                          Offsetting: 4
                          Total Flags: 148
                          Home: 70
                          Away: 62

Buffalo, Tampa, Oakland and Miami were the four teams ahead of Denver.

I'm biased as a Broncos fan but some of the holding not called is amazing.
                          Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-25-2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

IMO Champ was robbed of the Def MVP in 2005/2006, He came in 2nd to Taylor
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              IMO Champ was robbed of the Def MVP in 2005/2006, He came in 2nd to Taylor
                              Agreed. He completely dominated opponents, every game.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X