Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player Watch: Week 3 Breakout Performers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Watch: Week 3 Breakout Performers.

We'll see if this catches on to a weekly thread, based on reception, however I'd like to discuss our predictions and analysis pre and post game for some players Denver needs to break out.

My Week 3 Watch: Devontae Booker

After a fumble in week one, and limited action last week against the Colts, I feel like Booker is about ready to have a decently loaded game in what should be another dog fight here in week three.

Predicting no less than 50 yards, and a first NFL touchdown.

John Phillips or Jeff Heuerman, one of these guys needs to have a good game

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      John Phillips or Jeff Heuerman, one of these guys needs to have a good game

I very strongly wanted to use Heuerman as my predicted break out Bronco, but honestly I feel like he won't have that impact we all hope for until another week or two of on field action. Sort of like Booker in a way. I don't expect him to hit the ground running.

Comment

Oh, gee. How about Trevor Siemian?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Crick! He is gonna get us interior pressure today.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Oh, gee. How about Trevor Siemian?
            I'm usually pretty strict with giving players break out games. Everybody infatuates over the QB. In general, I don't see Kubiak opening the playbook much more than he did in week 1-2. At best I see Trevor with a 180 yard game and a TD. I really don't see a whole lot more. Hopefully no picks.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
              I'm usually pretty strict with giving players break out games. Everybody infatuates over the QB. In general, I don't see Kubiak opening the playbook much more than he did in week 1-2. At best I see Trevor with a 180 yard game and a TD. I really don't see a whole lot more. Hopefully no picks.
              I agree, I don't see it either. His first road game going up against Cinci's DB, could be another conservative game. Over the next few weeks we play some pretty terrible defenses though, Raiders, Chargers twice, Bucs, Falcons, Saints. I have a feeling Siemian's breakout game is coming.

Comment

A turnover free game would be amazing. Looking back over the last 31 games (including playoffs) we've only had 3 games without an offensive turnover

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  A turnover free game would be amazing. Looking back over the last 31 games (including playoffs) we've only had 3 games without an offensive turnover
                  Yeah that has to stop.. I cannot stand turnovers. I am no coach, or heck im no Samparnell, but turnovers infuriate me as a fan. I supported Kyle Orton until he intercepted his way out of Denver. I was highly critical of all of Tebows and Manning's picks. They frustrate me. Turnovers are game changers. Siemian gets a teeeny bit of leeway, but it needs to stop. If he can't stop throwing turnovers then Kubiak is in the right to limit the playcalling to John Fox esque.

IMO

Comment

Are you accusing me of quarterback infatuation?

I guess I just don't know what a "break out game" is. I'm an O-Line kind of guy. The only time they are noticed is when they screw up.

Comment

One of the edge rushers. Either Shaq or Shane.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Are you accusing me of quarterback infatuation?

I guess I just don't know what a "break out game" is. I'm an O-Line kind of guy. The only time they are noticed is when they screw up.
                        How about Ty Sambrailo having a "breakout game" just starting at RT could be considered a "breakout" ... no?

How about Heuerman ... 5 catches 65 yards and a TD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          How about Ty Sambrailo having a "breakout game" just starting at RT could be considered a "breakout" ... no?

How about Heuerman ... 5 catches 65 yards and a TD
                          Ooh! Heuerman, the mystery man. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Ty, too. He got hurt in game three last year. He was originally going to play RT before Clady went on IR. Then, he was going to play RG, but had the elbow injury. Now he's back at RT ... until Donald Stephenson returns.
                          Last edited by samparnell; 09-25-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

DT and ES get over a hundy and a TD each.

I guess I'm with Sam on the Trevor breakout...FREE TREVOR!!!
                            [sigpic

Comment

Yeah that has to stop.. I cannot stand turnovers. I am no coach, or heck im no Samparnell, but turnovers infuriate me as a fan. I supported Kyle Orton until he intercepted his way out of Denver. I was highly critical of all of Tebows and Manning's picks. They frustrate me. Turnovers are game changers. Siemian gets a teeeny bit of leeway, but it needs to stop. If he can't stop throwing turnovers then Kubiak is in the right to limit the playcalling to John Fox esque.

IMO
                              Going back to 2010, we're 19-0 in games where we committed 0 turnovers. I had to look all the back to week 15 of 2009 to find a game that we lost with 0 turnovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X