D ick Vermeil Crying Of Joy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D ick Vermeil Crying Of Joy?

I heard this morning that d icky was crying once again (SUPRISE) as he was reading the KC Chefs probowl selections yesterday. It was reported that he first read the first timers names and started tearing up while giving hugs to those players. Anyone else hear this? If so whats this really say about the guy? I mean ya it's good to cry, but i'm seriously thinking there is something mentally wrong with this guy.

He's an old man. He has really close relationships with his players. And because he gives so much of his heart to it, he can push them harder then most coaches.

It's cute, funny, and sweet when he cries. Keep in mind I'm a chick and view things through estrogen filled eyes.

Chiefs fans, players... A couple of times even his wife, all tease him about it. Some people think the comments like.. "HAHAHAHA CRY BABY VERMEIL!!!" bother us. It doesn't. It just reaffirms why he's the kind of coach that he is.

By the end of the year, he'll have taken 3 seperate teams to the playoffs. If by some miracle we got a defense, he could have taken 3 seperate teams to the Superbowl.

Give him the respect an older gentleman, and a succesful coach deserves. Even if it's in the quiet of the night while you watch Sportscenter away from your Bronco brothers.
    Last edited by Mer; 12-19-2003, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Close relationships is one thing, the way this guys hugs and cries with them is getting close to boardering on Michael Jackson scary.

The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Yea i agree he is getting alitle wild with all the crying but in the same right thats why he gets so much outta his players. I respect him as a coach and especially what he has accomplished over the last 5 years cause when he left philly he was burned out. he is still the most popular coach in philadelphia history and we didnt even win a super bowl. (not yet anyways) I dont really get the ins and outs of the broncos but your coach seems like a tool, 38 carries that should be a felony and he should be behind bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
          Close relationships is one thing, the way this guys hugs and cries with them is getting close to boardering on Michael Jackson scary.

That's funny. lol
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Elway

Talk smack if you will, but pedophilia is a pretty low blow. I know this is a Bronco forum, but that has to be about as far in the gutter as you can get.

The guy's emotional. If any of you have parents passing the 60 year old mark, you'll find this out for yourself that as you age, you lose some capacity to "control" emotions such as crying.

Having said that, with the prevailing mentality in football, the crying seems a bit "weak." Having watched Vermeil in St. Louis and his crying, I would venture a guess that it's not that big of a deal. It seems weak when an opponent cries, but he's genuine, and he's won his players over.

As a general rule, he cries when he's amazingly happy, such as winning the Super Bowl with St. Louis, or when a player gets hurt. I can't blame him for either reaction.

Still, I don't think it is pedophelia. I know it was a joke (at least I hope it was) but it's still in rather poor taste.
            Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

I can understand hes emtional but, I say he better cry his eyes out when the Chefs are done and out this year!! I want to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mer
                He's an old man. He has really close relationships with his players. And because he gives so much of his heart to it, he can push them harder then most coaches.

Give him the respect an older gentleman, and a succesful coach deserves. Even if it's in the quiet of the night while you watch Sportscenter away from your Bronco brothers.
                Save your crap for the bridge club. This is football not tennis. Lombardi would laugh in Vermeil's face.
                Go Denver. Period.

Comment

Am I supposed to care?

Comment

Originally posted by Mer
                    Am I supposed to care?
                    Is that a tear and a sniffle I sense, Mrs. In Touch With D!ck's Feelings??
                    Go Denver. Period.

Comment

I'll elaborate for you.

Whether Lombardi would laugh at Vermeil or not... Which by the way I don't think he would. Is pointless. I don't give respect and consideration based on how others view a man or a coach.

Comment

It was meant as a joke and I stand by that having a coach that emotional is weird.

How often did Marv Lewis, Dan Reeves, or Don Shula cry?

You have every right to defend your coaches responses, but are still subjective to the views and opinions of other posters regarding those responses.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mer

Give him the respect an older gentleman, and a succesful coach deserves....I don't give respect and consideration based on how others view a man or a coach.

A bit hypocritical aren't you, mer? Why do you care what we think? I'd be more worried about the a$$ whooping MN put on your beloved chefs, yesterday...A big fat zero on the score board through nearly three quarters is quite an offensive explosion.

I was wondering when Eddie K. was "going to put someone on their a$$?"
                          Go Denver. Period.

Comment

What is it with american society and guys getting worked up over other guys showing emotion for their buddies?

I just had people *****ing about the new lord of the rings movie because they thought the characters were too "gay". There's an underlying homophobia here.....freaky stuff considering how many people are gay and dont even come out with it.

Comment

He's a players coach and gets close to the guys, that's why they perform for him. Can't fault him for that, he's proven to be sucessful. I can't figure why he walks around squinting like he has a hemeroid or something.

Why do they call em asteroids when they're in the hemisphere and hemeroids when ther around your.....?

Comment

Working...
                              X