A List of Your Favorites...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A List of Your Favorites...

Noticed everybody is bummed about the current losing streak, talkin about who sucks n needs to get fired....

How about reliving some Bronco moments of greatness while waiting to enjoy seeing the Texans get beat on Monday:

What was your favorite:

1.Regular season win of all time
    2.Playoff win of all time
    3.Superbowl win
    4.Favorite single play of all time
    5. Favorite rematch where Denver lost the previous game then came back and won

And mention why they're your favorites. I'm curious.

I'm certain this isn't the first time questions like these have been posted so any negative comments in that regard can be held

My personal choices:
    1. 2013 week 1 vs Ravens. Felt good to see that whoopin put down after they stole our SB hopes
    2. 2016 AFCCG: It was such a scare and Brady known for last second come backs, the relief was amazing when they failed to convert (I would have picked the 86 AFCCG but we lost the SB that year)
    3. SB 32....finally didn't get blown out in a SB...AND won it in a close one.
    4. The helicopter (unoriginal I know) words can't describe how cool that was
    5. see # 1 :thumb:

Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    Noticed everybody is bummed about the current losing streak, talkin about who sucks n needs to get fired....

How about reliving some Bronco moments of greatness while waiting to enjoy seeing the Texans get beat on Monday:

What was your favorite:

3.Superbowl win

I'm certain this isn't the first time questions like these have been posted so any negative comments in that regard can be held

My personal choices:
    1. 2013 week 1 vs Ravens. Felt good to see that whoopin put down after they stole our SB hopes
    2. 2016 AFCCG: It was such a scare and Brady known for last second come backs, the relief was amazing when they failed to convert (I would have picked the 86 AFCCG but we lost the SB that year)
    1) Sep 6, 1981. Season opener, at home against the raiders. Broncos won, 9-7. Reason....first live game I attended.
    2) 2015 AFC Championship game. Really really enjoyed the D putting the beatdown on Brady.
    3) Broncos 31, Packers 24.
    4) John Mobley batting down a 4th down pass attempt by Favre in the aforementioned game of #3. That one simple play, just knocking the ball down, gave the Broncos our first Super Bowl Championship. Was in a room full of Broncos fans, there were about a dozen of us. Loud and rowdy. But at that moment, you could have heard an ant crawling across the floor. Dead silent for 2-3 seconds, then all hell broke loose. That one play, changed EVERYTHING about being a Broncos fan. Everything.
    5) Hard to say, will have to ponder this one,
    sigpic

Comment

#1 VS. CHI in 2011, Tebow breaking the hearts of all the Bear fans here in CHI
      #2 Tebow vs. PITT, everyone knows why
      #3 SB 33, Elway wins SB MVP
      #4 Champ intercepting Brady
      #5 DEN getting revenge on JAK in the playoffs
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Favorite regular season win was when the plummer led squad in 05 beat SD to get 13 and 3 to secure home field just because how unexpected that was. Favorite playoff win was a tie between smashing Jax in the 97 98 playoffs for revenge and the win in pitt to advance to the 98 SB. Favorite SB win is the 98 win over Favre and GB. Favorite single play is Elways last second pass to Rod Smith vs the Skins in 95 regular season and the helicopter in the 98SB by elway, with a close second being the pa bootleg TD to Rod in the 99 SB. Favorite rematch again is the beat down of Jax in 97/98 after the upset in 96
        Last edited by Blanket24; 10-18-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

1) Season opener 2004, first game I considered myself maybe not a Broncos fan after Shanahan traded Portis (University of Miami fan, followed him to Denver). Wasn't sold on Champ Bailey. That game he followed Tony Gonzalez all over the field and had game-sealing INT of Trent Green PLUS Lynch absolutely killed Dante Hall. Die-hard ever since.

2) Pittsburgh 2011 Playoff win. I remember my whole family jumping up & screaming as DT stiff-armed Ike Taylor and ran it in in OT. Amazing.

3) Super Bowl 50. Backstory: I am a person who has been sick a handful of times in my life. I'm never sick. On the morning of Super Bowl Sunday I felt unwell and came down with a brutal stomach virus. Couldn't even drink water. I couldn't even look up from bed to watch the game until halftime and I was still feeling like death, all the expletives. I remember watching Von knock the ball out and TJ pick it up and it finally kicked in that they were going to win. I still feel to this day that had I NOT gotten sick Denver would have lost. So you're welcome to all Broncos fans :thumb:

4) 2009 Champ Bailey PBU on 4th down in the end zone VS Cowboys to go to 4-0. First game in the orange unis in a long time. Actually he had a PBU on a slant to Sam Hurd on 3rd AND 4th down. Vintage Champ.

5) 1997 Wild Card Playoff win @ Arrowhead. Was only 4 at the time but have since learned now that Denver LOST in Kansas City on a Stoyanovich FG. Shanahan regretted not running TD as much as he should have & when they went back in the playoffs TD had 100+ and a TD. Atwater with the last second endzone PBU to save the win. Awesome.

Comment

What was your favorite:

3.Superbowl win

My personal choices:
            1. Chargers game a couple years back withe the big comeback.
            2. Champ bailey Interception game against The P*ts. Never liked Champ, Hate teh P*ts, but he won me over for week or tow with that interception.
            3. Hated Atl. Hated Dan Reeves, thought their dirty bird dance was stupid, was hyped to see Denver smash them off i the SB.
            4. Atwater smashing Okoye into oblivion and into the records of obscurity in the NFL after that hit.
            5. Last year Pit in the playoffs. Even without Brown it was satisfying to see all the talk about how we were never going to be able to beat them because, hey look they lost to them earlier in the year... lol
            GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
            sigpic

Comment

1. The 2012 Monday night game v San Diego. Denver just kept making mistakes in the first half and were down big, but they really hadn't played poorly, just made mistakes and San Diego kept scoring off of each one. Cut to the second half, Broncos come back and win!

2. January 25th, 1998. Most memorable playoff game in Broncos history. Enough said.

3. See answer 2

4. Tie. The Howard Griffith catch in which Ed McCaffrey laid out a linebacker and then stood over him pointing at him on January 25, 1998. Or the Champ Bailey pick 6 during week 2 of the 2005 season. Denver got off to an 0-1 start, looked awful during the first half of the second game, San Diego was up 10-0 (I believe) and got the ball to start the second half, Drew Brees throws a quick out, Bailey jumps it and takes it to the house. Turned the season around.

5. The 1997 AFC Championship game. Denver had been beaten down at Three Rivers in early December, the Broncos went back there and the Steelers were sure they were going to win, obviously they didn't.

Comment

Regular Season: probably the 2012 San Diego game where we were down 24-0 and came back.

Playoff: 1998 Divisional against Miami. 38-3. One of the most dominant performances in Bronco history. Perhaps the loudest game at old Mile High. Also my one and only playoff game I attended.

Super Bowl: they are all my babies, so I can't choose.

Play: Mid-90s against Seattle. DE has Elway lined up to crush him from his blind side. Elway ducks the sack and throws a bomb to Shannon Sharpe for a touchdown.

Rematch: any win over the Patriots and Steelers.

Comment

I liked Super Bowl 50.

I also liked the 17-10 win at KC in 2011 when Denver ran the ball 55 times and threw 8 passes.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    I liked Super Bowl 50.

I also liked the 17-10 win at KC in 2011 when Denver ran the ball 55 times and threw 8 passes.
                    What about the other 3 questions?
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      What about the other 3 questions?
                      Yeah Sam
                      [sigpic

Comment

What was your favorite:

3.Superbowl win

My personal choices:
                        1.) Oct. of 2012 when Denver overcame the 24 pt deficit at the half to beat San Diego 35-24 .... because I gave up and left the room only to return very quickly and enjoy the thrilling second half.

2.) 2015 AFC Championship, because it was the Patriots we took down, and because I got to see it in person.

3.) Super Bowl XXXII Broncos were the under dog, and came out on top... TD was amazing that game.

4.) McCaffrey Block against Greenbay - Because he's my favorite Bronco all time and could never do any wrong... or I'm sorry we're tied Chris Harris pick 6 off Rivers same game as favorite all time Reg Season Game.

5.) Eagles 2013, because 2009 was the one year I couldn't afford the NFL ticket, and paid a stupid amount of money to see this one game on pay per view to watch the Broncos lose.... when they got their rematch in 2013 I was at the game and we were so far up we pulled our starters.... awesome
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                          1)
                          2) 2015 AFC Championship game. Really really enjoyed the D putting the beatdown on Brady.
                          Oh man... those are my favorite times of all. I get tingly! Seriously... even in the Patriots vs Giants Superbowl when Tyree caught that pass and they went on to beat the Pats... I was just in heaven. I was so hoarse from screaming at the TV for that entire game. So I relish even the games that the Broncos didn't play when Brady takes a beating. I'm a lifelong Broncos fan (ever since I was a little kid, and I'm now 48). But watching Brady get a beat-down as almost as fun as watching the Broncos win. In fact, I'd rather watch Brady eat turf than watch the Broncos steamroll some non-contender team like the Browns, Jags, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                            1.) Oct. of 2012 when Denver overcame the 24 pt deficit at the half to beat San Diego 35-24 .... because I gave up and left the room only to return very quickly and enjoy the thrilling second half.

2.) 2015 AFC Championship, because it was the Patriots we took down, and because I got to see it in person.

3.) Super Bowl XXXII Broncos were the under dog, and came out on top... TD was amazing that game.

4.) McCaffrey Block against Greenbay - Because he's my favorite Bronco all time and could never do any wrong... or I'm sorry we're tied Chris Harris pick 6 off Rivers same game as favorite all time Reg Season Game.

5.) Eagles 2013, because 2009 was the one year I couldn't afford the NFL ticket, and paid a stupid amount of money to see this one game on pay per view to watch the Broncos lose.... when they got their rematch in 2013 I was at the game and we were so far up we pulled our starters.... awesome
                            Love your post Sophia. Love the excitement, and I share your responses minus #5.

But what I do remember about that game versus the Eagles was Chip Kelly coming out and saying before the game, in his usual arrogant way, how his high flying, no huddle offense could beat any team and he could play any team any where, including a school yard.

Then Peyton and the Broncos put it to him. I cannot stand Chip Kelly so it was swwweeeeeetttttt!
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

What was your favorite:

3.Superbowl win

1. This is a too difficult question. Way too many to choose from. Still, I feel real good about our opening game versus the Panthers this season. It's like our defense has single handedly brought down Cam Newton and has exposed him for his poor sport and weak minded ways.
                              2. The Drive. No explanation needed.
                              3. Denver vs Green Bay. This one's for John!
                              4. Extremely tough decision as well, but I cannot get Atwater's hit on Okoye on Monday Night Football out of my blood. AWESOME!!!!
                              5. Jacksonville in the playoffs when we won the Super Bowl, after they had knocked us out the season prior. Two 100 yard rushers, right? Davis and Louisville<- check spelling.
                              Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                              Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                              Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X