A List of Your Favorites...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    Noticed everybody is bummed about the current losing streak, talkin about who sucks n needs to get fired....

How about reliving some Bronco moments of greatness while waiting to enjoy seeing the Texans get beat on Monday:

What was your favorite:

1.Regular season win of all time
    2.Playoff win of all time
    3.Superbowl win
    4.Favorite single play of all time
    5. Favorite rematch where Denver lost the previous game then came back and won

And mention why they're your favorites. I'm curious.

I'm certain this isn't the first time questions like these have been posted so any negative comments in that regard can be held

My personal choices:
    1. 2013 week 1 vs Ravens. Felt good to see that whoopin put down after they stole our SB hopes
    2. 2016 AFCCG: It was such a scare and Brady known for last second come backs, the relief was amazing when they failed to convert (I would have picked the 86 AFCCG but we lost the SB that year)
    3. SB 32....finally didn't get blown out in a SB...AND won it in a close one.
    4. The helicopter (unoriginal I know) words can't describe how cool that was
    5. see # 1 :thumb:
    #1: Snow game vs Pats last year. Ultimately it helped us get HFA.

#2: Tebow to Thomas. Didn't win the SB that season. However the game was outstanding, plus we were relevant once again.

#3: SB 50. The playoff letdowns of 12, 13, 14 led me to believe we would get blown out. Just as l was dead wrong about SB 48 ( Unfortunately), l was happily proven wrong on this night.

#4: Atwater hitting the Nigerian nightmare. Unbelievable impact.

#5: Revenge game Vs Jags 97 playoffs. They got the monkey somewhat off the back in convincing fashion. Maybe if the game was closer, doubt could've cripped in about beating the top teams. Who knows.

Comment

Noticed everybody is bummed about the current losing streak, talkin about who sucks n needs to get fired....

How about reliving some Bronco moments of greatness while waiting to enjoy seeing the Texans get beat on Monday:

What was your favorite:

3.Superbowl win

I'm certain this isn't the first time questions like these have been posted so any negative comments in that regard can be held

My personal choices:
      1. 2013 week 1 vs Ravens. Felt good to see that whoopin put down after they stole our SB hopes
      2. 2016 AFCCG: It was such a scare and Brady known for last second come backs, the relief was amazing when they failed to convert (I would have picked the 86 AFCCG but we lost the SB that year)

2012 SD game - down 24-0 at the half. I was watching at my friend Patty's house in CT. She went to bed. It was hard for me to root and holler alone and try and be quiet. It was like that commercial where the parents are watching their ARI Cardinals game and their child is sleeping...they are very calm and composed...and the father hands the child to the mother and gets up and walks out to his car and starts screaming. That's what I was like...having to run out into her back yard and scream but be quiet at the same time.

When she woke up in the morning she thought I was lying when I told her we won. Never sleep on PFM and the Broncos. She learned her lesson.

2015 AFC Championship Game against the Pats. I could not and still cannot, get enough of seeing Brady in the dirt. Love watching Wade confuse BB.

3.Superbowl win

1997 SB win against GB. Of course, it was our first.

Tebow to DT....that play was probably the most excited I've ever been as a fan. Just freaking amazing. I particularly love watching that YouTube video where they show fans all over the country celebrating.

2013 Season opener against BALT. Losing that divisional game is still one I'm not over. Thanks Bill Vinovich. :nono: To then put up 7 TD's against them....just awesome.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
        What was your favorite:

3.Superbowl win

1. This is a too difficult question. Way too many to choose from. Still, I feel real good about our opening game versus the Panthers this season. It's like our defense has single handedly brought down Cam Newton and has exposed him for his poor sport and weak minded ways.
        2. The Drive. No explanation needed.
        3. Denver vs Green Bay. This one's for John!
        4. Extremely tough decision as well, but I cannot get Atwater's hit on Okoye on Monday Night Football out of my blood. AWESOME!!!!
        5. Jacksonville in the playoffs when we won the Super Bowl, after they had knocked us out the season prior. Two 100 yard rushers, right? Davis and Louisville<- check spelling.
        I think you mean Derek Loville. Ended up getting arrested for illegal gambling, and drugs.
        sigpic

Comment

My favorite moments as a Denver Broncos fan:

Comment

What was your favorite:

3.Superbowl win

My personal choices:
            1. Favorite Regular Season Win: 2015 against the Patsies. It was such a close match all the way through. Down by as much as two touchdowns with our second string quarterback making his second start. Playoff seeding on the line. Golden Boy Brady coming to town. The snow. 4th quarter comeback by Brady to force OT. CJ's run in OT. Gotta love it.

2. Playoff Win: 2015 against the Patsies. Same thing as above, but this time Manning is back. Does he choke in the playoffs? Or guide his team to his 4th Super Bowl? Suffocating defense putting knocking Golden Boy to the ground all day long. Chris Harris Jr's 4th quarter, 4th down tackle on Julian Edelman to make a clutch stop. Roby's interception on the 2pt conversion. Good stuff.

3. Favorite SB: Super Bowl 32. Though 50 is pretty good too. Elway's helicopter run. TD's MVP play for the ages, without playing a whole quarter! The fake handoff to TD when he had the blinding migraine, setting up a touchdown. Good stuff.

4. Favorite Play: Tebow to DT against Pittsburgh. To be honest, I wrote that game in and didn't expect the game to be even close. I had work that night (morning actually, because I was overseas). I remember flipping on the TV before my shift started to see what the score was, just in time to watch the play. Holy cow. The stadium went crazy. Nobody expected them to win, especially not in that dramatic of fashion.

5. Favorite rematch? Hmm, I'll go with 2013 AFCCG against NE again. They beat us as after coming back against us in Foxboroguh. I remember hearing all these NE fans talking about how they already beat us and how it would happen again. Too bad that storybook season had a bad ending.

6. BONUS Favorite Comeback: 2012 @SD. The Post-Surgery Manning Experiment was still in its infancy. After winning the first few games of the season, the team was in a two or three game slide and on their way to another one in SD. The fan base was getting restless thinking that Elway may have made a mistake signing an over-the-hill QB with a repaired neck. Plus, Manning had been historically bad against SD, losing most of his matchups against them during his time with Indy. Down 24-0 at halftime, everything was going wrong. Manning threw a pick-6 intended for Stokely because of a mixup in pre-snap reads, the turf monster ate Eric Decker, the defense kept getting put in bad spots, bad special teams plays. I was on the verge of turning off the TV, but the fan in me decided to wait and see what happened in the second half. That's when the defense came alive. The defense came alive; Miller and Dumervile went to town on Rivers. Tony Carter turns in the performance of a career with two interceptions, one for 6 pts, and a fumble return for TD. Manning leads a few TD drives and Chris Harris Jr puts the cherry on top with a pick-6 of his own ... the game was won, 35-24.

ESPN recap of the 2012 Broncos @ Chargers Game https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=mkA7IdteGd4
            Last edited by ChupaThingy; 10-22-2016, 08:26 PM.
            2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
              1. Favorite Regular Season Win: 2015 against the Patsies. It was such a close match all the way through. Down by as much as two touchdowns with our second string quarterback making his second start. Playoff seeding on the line. Golden Boy Brady coming to town. The snow. 4th quarter comeback by Brady to force OT. CJ's run in OT. Gotta love it.

2. Playoff Win: 2015 against the Patsies. Same thing as above, but this time Manning is back. Does he choke in the playoffs? Or guide his team to his 4th Super Bowl? Suffocating defense putting knocking Golden Boy to the ground all day long. Chris Harris Jr's 4th quarter, 4th down tackle on Julian Edelman to make a clutch stop. Roby's interception on the 2pt conversion. Good stuff.

3. Favorite SB: Super Bowl 32. Though 50 is pretty good too. Elway's helicopter run. TD's MVP play for the ages, without playing a whole quarter! The fake handoff to TD when he had the blinding migraine, setting up a touchdown. Good stuff.

4. Favorite Play: Tebow to DT against Pittsburgh. To be honest, I wrote that game in and didn't expect the game to be even close. I had work that night (morning actually, because I was overseas). I remember flipping on the TV before my shift started to see what the score was, just in time to watch the play. Holy cow. The stadium went crazy. Nobody expected them to win, especially not in that dramatic of fashion.

5. Favorite rematch? Hmm, I'll go with 2013 AFCCG against NE again. They beat us as after coming back against us in Foxboroguh. I remember hearing all these NE fans talking about how they already beat us and how it would happen again. Too bad that storybook season had a bad ending.

6. BONUS Favorite Comeback: 2012 @SD. The Post-Surgery Manning Experiment was still in its infancy. After winning the first few games of the season, the team was in a two or three game slide and on their way to another one in SD. The fan base was getting restless thinking that Elway may have made a mistake signing an over-the-hill QB with a repaired neck. Plus, Manning had been historically bad against SD, losing most of his matchups against them during his time with Indy. Down 24-0 at halftime, everything was going wrong. Manning threw a pick-6 intended for Stokely because of a mixup in pre-snap reads, the turf monster ate Eric Decker, the defense kept getting put in bad spots, bad special teams plays. I was on the verge of turning off the TV, but the fan in me decided to wait and see what happened in the second half. That's when the defense came alive. The defense came alive; Miller and Dumervile went to town on Rivers. Tony Carter turns in the performance of a career with two interceptions, one for 6 pts, and a fumble return for TD. Manning leads a few TD drives and Chris Harris Jr puts the cherry on top with a pick-6 of his own ... the game was won, 35-24.

ESPN recap of the 2012 Broncos @ Chargers Game https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=mkA7IdteGd4
              I wish I had a copy of the SD game on my DVR. Watched it away from home. That game was so amazing in and of itself, but we also went on an 11 game win streak after that.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

easy................. every single game we have beaten the Raiders in my 40 years as a fan.

Fav game .. that time we beat the raiders,,,,,, Fav come back ... that time we beat the raiders ....... Fav play ..... that time we beat the raiders :: laughing ::
                Last edited by WillTopper; 10-24-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

These were very fun to read, some of you dug in the crate and found some gems for good memories game and play wise. Somebody took it back to 1981, somebody's superstition of having the stomach flu resulted in the Broncos winning SB 50! There was a Bonus favorite. Superstition says speaking of these positive wins produced a win against San Diego this past Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                  X