Broncos Trade Patriots for TE AJ Derby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Trade Patriots for TE AJ Derby

Just heard on the radio, havent seen any article on yet, said a 2017 pick.
    sigpic
    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Per Rotoworld:

AJ Derby - TE - Broncos

Broncos acquired TE AJ Derby from the Patriots in exchange for a fifth-round pick.
    A 2015 sixth-rounder, Derby spent his rookie year on injured reserve. He had an impressive 2016 preseason, snagging 15 balls for 189 yards and a touchdown. Blocked by Rob Gronkowski and Martellus Bennett in New England, he could draw a few targets for a Broncos team getting absolutely nothing from its tight ends.
    sigpic

Comment

I guess Heuerman isnt cutting it in practice?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
        I guess Heuerman isnt cutting it in practice?

I was just getting ready to ask what is Heuerman's current status with us???

Comment

I know nothing of this guy.
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

A 5th rounder is pretty steep for a guy with zero career receptions, they must be confident he'll be worth it.

4 TEs on the roster is a lot, I wonder if someone is going?

Comment

I noticed Heuerman was on the field against the Texans, so he must not be hurt. And I am assuming that he is a disappointment to the Coaching staff.

One thing I know is that the patriots aren't going to be trading a player to the Broncos that will be of much help, as the Broncos are probably THE team that stands between them and the next Super Bowl.

Comment

Pats* spend a 6th rd pick on Derby, give a 4th for Martellus Bennett + a 6th and now get a 5th for Derby.

Congrats Bill, you win.
                  sigpic

Comment

Coaching staff must not be confident that the 3 TEs already on the roster could go rest of the season without picking up a injury or two

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                      Coaching staff must not be confident that the 3 TEs already on the roster could go rest of the season without picking up a injury or two
                      or making a impact on a game
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        Pats* spend a 6th rd pick on Derby, give a 4th for Martellus Bennett + a 6th and now get a 5th for Derby.

Congrats Bill, you win.
                        Right?!?!?! I dont understand why Elway made this move, hopeful as with most of his questionable moves this one will pan out in the end
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                          A 5th rounder is pretty steep for a guy with zero career receptions, they must be confident he'll be worth it.

4 TEs on the roster is a lot, I wonder if someone is going?
                          If we're planning on using more 2 tight formations, 4 isn't a lot. Maybe we'll release our 3rd QB since AJ was a QB at Arkansas, maybe AJ would be our emergency QB.
                          sigpic

Comment

Uh........ I'll come back tomorrow and pretend I didn't read this.
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                              or making a impact on a game
                              Thought they played pretty well last night be nice to see them involved in the passing game more though but that might happen as the line gets better and the TEs don't have to block all the time to help out

Comment

Working...
                              X