Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you have taken Manning for one more year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it would have been worth it to Manning to come back. I think the Broncos did a disservice to him by changing the offense.

If they had run the offense he had mastered, maybe he could have overcome the injury problems much more easily.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
      Do you hate Trevor? He was hurt in a shorter amount of time and is taking much harder shots. At least the experienced vet was smart enough to protect himself. If Trevor protected himself we maybe 8-0 at this point. Very good chance we are actually. It would be one thing if he was completing more downfield passes while taking the big hits, but he is missing most of them and hurting himself while doing it.
      You're reaching pretty hard there. Nice try, though.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Do you hate Trevor? He was hurt in a shorter amount of time and is taking much harder shots. At least the experienced vet was smart enough to protect himself. If Trevor protected himself we maybe 8-0 at this point. Very good chance we are actually. It would be one thing if he was completing more downfield passes while taking the big hits, but he is missing most of them and hurting himself while doing it.
        So let me get this straight...you are blaming trevor for us losing games because he couldn't keep himself from getting hurt? So it's his fault the o-line is trying to get him killed and some how the old and frail Manning was going to do better despite himself seeing injury behind the same line...

Your defense is "Manning lasted a few more games" You are really reaching now.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          If you look at the criticism towards offensive coordinators and play calling, it is usually linked to poor QB play. Just look around the league.

Bill Musgrave was not doing much in Minnesota when Ponder was his QB. He was fired and went to Philadelphia in 2014. Nick Foles struggled, Musgrave took the heat and left. Now he has Derek Carr playing at a high level and the Raiders are doing fine on offense.

Same with Kyle Shanahan. He took the blame for RGIII's struggles. Then he went to Cleveland and had to deal with Manziel. Last season the Falcons struggled on offense and everyone hated Kyle Shanahan. Now Matt Ryan is playing at MVP level and, all of a sudden, everyone wants Kyle Shanahan as head coach. He was considered crap for years and now he's a genius.

So, it's much more about execution and having a QB playing at a high level.
          They had a panel on either nfl network or ESPN a week ago that were talking about offensive line play this year. During that there was a graphic that showed all the worst teams and at the time, the Denver OL was either first or second worst in time given their QB in pass protection to get rid of the ball.

So I fail to see how that's Trevor's fault.
          sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
          Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            So let me get this straight...you are blaming trevor for us losing games because he couldn't keep himself from getting hurt? So it's his fault the o-line is trying to get him killed and some how the old and frail Manning was going to do better despite himself seeing injury behind the same line...

Your defense is "Manning lasted a few more games" You are really reaching now.
            No I don't think I said we lost those games because Trevor. I also don't think I said it was his fault the O line was trying to get him killed. But yes, I will agree with you and say that the old frail Manning was doing a better job, and would do an even better job this year with the upgraded line Trevor has to work with. And I don't have a "defense" nor do I need one, im not sure where you pulled that from. Literally nothing you wrote in this response is true, other then obviously Manning doing a better job. That week 17 game was the perfect example, experience vs inexperience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              You're reaching pretty hard there. Nice try, though.
              Really? You don't think we could be 8-0?

Comment

No I don't think I said we lost those games because Trevor. I also don't think I said it was his fault the O line was trying to get him killed. But yes, I will agree with you and say that the old frail Manning was doing a better job, and would do an even better job this year with the upgraded line Trevor has to work with. And I don't have a "defense" nor do I need one, im not sure where you pulled that from. Literally nothing you wrote in this response is true, other then obviously Manning doing a better job. That week 17 game was the perfect example, experience vs inexperience.
                You heavily insinuated it yes... You said

Do you hate Trevor? He was hurt in a shorter amount of time and is taking much harder shots. At least the experienced vet was smart enough to protect himself.
                So basically his "inexperience" caused him to not protect himself.

You then stated

If Trevor protected himself we maybe 8-0 at this point.
                That to me implies that you think Trevor got himself injured because he was inexperienced and that cost us the game...
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                  They had a panel on either nfl network or ESPN a week ago that were talking about offensive line play this year. During that there was a graphic that showed all the worst teams and at the time, the Denver OL was either first or second worst in time given their QB in pass protection to get rid of the ball.

So I fail to see how that's Trevor's fault.
                  Siemian is missing plays even when he has time to throw, but it's not all his fault, obviously. A bad OL certainly contributes a lot to poor QB play. They're in this together. At the same time, a QB can also help his OL look better and buy more time with movement in the pocket. If you just stand like a statue going through reads, that's not going to help the OL against the pass rush.
                  sigpic

Comment

Siemian is missing plays even when he has time to throw, but it's not all his fault, obviously. A bad OL certainly contributes a lot to poor QB play. They're in this together. At the same time, a QB can also help his OL look better and buy more time with movement in the pocket. If you just stand like a statue going through reads, that's not going to help the OL against the pass rush.
                    He wasn't really doing a bad job prior to his shoulder injury of stepping up and avoiding pressure. I don't know if his confidence is shaken and he's just jittery or what it is right now, but he did have good pocket awareness the first couple of games, but since his injury that seems to be missing.
                    sigpic

Comment

He wasn't really doing a bad job prior to his shoulder injury of stepping up and avoiding pressure. I don't know if his confidence is shaken and he's just jittery or what it is right now, but he did have good pocket awareness the first couple of games, but since his injury that seems to be missing.
                      there's more game tape and intel on TS now. With that being said, ill take him over manning last year all day. manning owuld throw 3 picks in a game.. no thanks.

Comment

Yeah I feel ya man. There's definitely a lot of room for improvement by both Trevor and the Oline. It's definitely not like only one of them is the issue.

The Oline has to start giving him more time without holding the defenders and Trevor has got to learn to make himself some space in the pocket and find his open receivers.
                        sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                        Sig by: MHS

Comment

I don't think there's usually much of a pocket to step into. The inside rush gets some push.

Comment

• NOPE

10 char

Comment

• THIS is why we needed Manning back for one more season. We have ZERO leadership on offense.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                              Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                              Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                              Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                              I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Manning was horrific vs. Oakland, last year lol.

Sometimes I wonder if posters here are mesmerized by those Papa John commercials and forget how bad last year's offense was.

Comment

Working...
                                X