No announcement yet.

Roby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually expect Elway to ask Talib for a friendly contract, maybe cut him down to 5 million to fit in Roby if not he will cut him. No matter what people feel about his personality, Talib has been excellent and he is a leader on this team.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      He's not a free agent, but his contract goes up to $12 million and he becomes cut-able next year. He's a CB who will be 31 next season and corner seems to be a position where you get old fast.

Add in the Texas shooting, I'm not sure the Broncos have plans for him beyond this year, I guess we'll see.
      12 million would make him only the 9th highest paid corner next year. And that doesn't even include the coming off-season's new contracts.

I'd keep him for one more year and see how it goes. Having the depth we do at corner makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
        I actually expect Elway to ask Talib for a friendly contract, maybe cut him down to 5 million to fit in Roby if not he will cut him. No matter what people feel about his personality, Talib has been excellent and he is a leader on this team.
        Agreed, I see it going this way as well.

I definitely see Elway making an effort to keep him at a team friendly contract. But I do not see him breaking the wallet. The other talented corners are very good leverage for JE.

And in honesty, I don't really see Talib declining it. I mean yeah the money talks. But he appears to be happy here. And the way he says Broncos Country when addressing the fan instead of Broncos Nation just give a little more sugar to the pot. Obviously it doesn't mean anything concrete. But the little things like that, and the camaraderie with the No-Fly-Zone may just convince him to stay for cheaper.

Look how mad he was when Brock ditched for the cash. I honestly fully expect to keep Talib.

Comment

Roby was great, nice to see him starting to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post

I definitely see Elway making an effort to keep him at a team friendly contract. But I do not see him breaking the wallet. The other talented corners are very good leverage for JE.

And in honesty, I don't really see Talib declining it. I mean yeah the money talks. But he appears to be happy here. And the way he says Broncos Country when addressing the fan instead of Broncos Nation just give a little more sugar to the pot. Obviously it doesn't mean anything concrete. But the little things like that, and the camaraderie with the No-Fly-Zone may just convince him to stay for cheaper.

Look how mad he was when Brock ditched for the cash. I honestly fully expect to keep Talib.
            If we can get him back on a team friendly deal, I'm fine with it, I like what he brings to the table. But with guys like Doss and Roby behind him, I'm not sure we keep him at the $12M figure. That will need to come down.
            sigpic

Comment

Roby is a STUDDD...

And man he's fast as hell!

Reminds me a tiny bit of a young Champ Bailey with the pure athleticism, good hands, and great man cover skill.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                Roby is a STUDDD...

And man he's fast as hell!

Reminds me a tiny bit of a young Champ Bailey with the pure athleticism, good hands, and great man cover skill.
                He had a 4.39 second 40 at the combine - fast! - but against the OL he looked so much faster.

Side note, I haven't seen Rivers move like that in, well, ever. Close, but only caught his face in the turf instead. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I don't think the shooting factors in either, but I think age/the fact that we've got a lot of talent behind him does. We'll save a decent amount of cap by him being gone next year and that more than anything will make him expendable.
                  Yep, and I hope we
                  Spend that money wisely on the Oline and TE. We fix this Oline and get a decent TE to go along with Virgil, we should be in good shape.
                  Also I think we need another RB to go with Booker and CJ, Bibbs does not empress me, Thompson is also average too. Next years draft should be fun to see what Elway and Kubes come up with.
                  I also wonder if Billacheat pulled a fast one on Elway with AJ Derby??
                  Think he is the real deal???

Comment

Love me some B-Rad!!!
                    HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post

I wish we had Talib mic'd up for that Texans game. I can only imagine the metric ton of trash talking he unleashed on him

Comment

Roby One Kanobi has been balling for a while. He has been making top CB lists this year and last year.

Like everyone else I feel it is definitely time to start figuring out how to ink this young player to a long term contract as he is about to come into his prime playing years and will probably only get better.

Another successful draft pick by Elway who was coached up into being a very good player.
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

Sorry I am late for this party. FWIW.....I have a ton of confidence in Roby, and expect nothing but good things in his future.

:thumb:

Comment

Roby has this season plus 2 two more on his rookie contract why would we have to cut talib to keep roby. I am so lost
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              Roby has this season plus 2 two more on his rookie contract why would we have to cut talib to keep roby. I am so lost
                              Roby is in his third year. 2017 is his final year on the rookie contract unless Elway uses the fifth year option on him as he could. Roby was the 31st pick in the first round of the 2014 draft. Talib is on a 4 year contract and that comes to an end after next season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                                Roby is in his third year. 2017 is his final year on the rookie contract unless Elway uses the fifth year option on him as he could. Roby was the 31st pick in the first round of the 2014 draft. Talib is on a 4 year contract and that comes to an end after next season.
                                Elway will you dont let people of robys talent hit the markwt either he will get alot of money and the fifth year options. He will probably be here for a while i ran through it and it makes sense talib leaving here at the end of his contract the way i am reading it is people are saying next season lets have 3 top quality cover mand as long as we can
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X