Roby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Roby One Kanobi has been balling for a while. He has been making top CB lists this year and last year.

Like everyone else I feel it is definitely time to start figuring out how to ink this young player to a long term contract as he is about to come into his prime playing years and will probably only get better.

Another successful draft pick by Elway who was coached up into being a very good player.
    Someone watches That's Good Sports
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Someone watches That's Good Sports
      All 3 of our CBs are ranked in the top 10 on NFL.com. wow!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
        All 3 of our CBs are ranked in the top 10 on NFL.com. wow!
        Yup, we have the best secondary in the league. "It's what we do and who we are."
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I am a big supporter of Bradley Roby, but truly he's been this good for a year now.

Anybody who says next year we're getting rid of Talib and Roby will get his money is either not watching the games or doesn't understand the value of having 3 top tier CBs in the NFL today.

Based on what I've seen on Game Pass film between ALL the top CBs including Sherman, Peterson, Marcus Peters, even Chris Harris, Aqib Talib is the best cornerback in football right now. He has been absolutely stifiling. If he leaves the team after this season the Denver Broncos defense gets a lot worse. Period.

All that aside, Roby will probably get D Ware's money and all will be well. The CB truly most in danger of leaving the squad is Kayvon Webster. Some team is scooping him up for more than Denver has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
            I am a big supporter of Bradley Roby, but truly he's been this good for a year now.

Anybody who says next year we're getting rid of Talib and Roby will get his money is either not watching the games or doesn't understand the value of having 3 top tier CBs in the NFL today.

Based on what I've seen on Game Pass film between ALL the top CBs including Sherman, Peterson, Marcus Peters, even Chris Harris, Aqib Talib is the best cornerback in football right now. He has been absolutely stifiling. If he leaves the team after this season the Denver Broncos defense gets a lot worse. Period.

All that aside, Roby will probably get D Ware's money and all will be well. The CB truly most in danger of leaving the squad is Kayvon Webster. Some team is scooping him up for more than Denver has to offer.
            Couldn't agree more Talib is playing some of the best football of his career, hopefully his injury isn't too serious, Roby will be getting some of Wares money but we need to invest in a few other positions aswell, I've read the coaching staff are very high on Doss so if Webster leaves I imagine he'd be next man up

Comment

Okay, so probably from reading this thread, I had a dream about Roby last night. I haven't paid close enough attention to see if he even plays on Special Teams, but in my dream, we blocked a punt and Roby scooped it up. At first it was just a mass of jerseys running down the field, when suddenly Roby shot out between two players and started pulling away from the scrum like Secretariat. As he was streaking for the end zone, leaving everyone in his dust, he began to curve his route and started running parallel with the end zone, ala Brandon Stokely in the Bills game, to run out the clock.

Here's where it gets tricky. Instead of going on into the end zone he runs out of bounds at 1 yard line, reaching the ball across the pylon for the TD. However, in my dream, my mind was immediately filled with confusion. It's like we were on a commercial break. They were reviewing the play. I was thinking, "Crap Roby, if you didn't score the TD you just hurt my Fantasy Team because I have the Broncos Defense." Then I was like, "Well, maybe Booker will plug it in from the 1 yard if he ran out of bounds before extending the ball across the line."

When we came back from the commercial and the showed the replay, it actually showed him dropping the ball at the 1 yard line and it bounced out of bounds and the other team, I think it was Oakland, had the ball on the 1 yard line. I was so freaking mad.

I know its just a dream, but gosh it ticked me off!

LOL
              Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
              Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
              Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by jakemillar View Post

Actually I think you are missing the point we are making. With Doss playing very, very well and Roby playing well in Talib's absence in his position, we may be able to let Talib walk and still have 3 top tier CB's potentially.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Actually I think you are missing the point we are making. With Doss playing very, very well and Roby playing well in Talib's absence in his position, we may be able to let Talib walk and still have 3 top tier CB's potentially.
                  No way.. let him walk to pay who? he's only due 12 million and im willing to bet he restructures.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                    No way.. let him walk to pay who? he's only due 12 million and im willing to bet he restructures.
                    To pay for an o-line? To pay for a d-line? $12 million could be 1-2 talented players depending on how it's structured.

If he restructures, sure keep him around, if not he's on the wrong side of 30 now, start building up the youth and use that money to fill the holes on this team.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm as much against letting Talib walk as I am against people wanting DT go.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        id much rather keep talib. he plays with heart and passion and sets a nasty tone. DT can appear as if he's sleep walking at times even though we need him.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          My reason for being ok with letting him go isn't because I'm against him in any way shape or form. I like the guy. but unlike the DT situation, there are players behind him that seem capable of filling his shoes. With DT, there's a pretty big void in talent behind him. The other thing is, unlike DT whose contract basically gives us zero benefit for moving him prior to 2018, Talib is making a decent chunk of change and the cap hit for not bringing him back isn't too bad.

If he restructures in a way that we can keep him without a lot of cost then I'm all for it, but unlike DT, his money can actually be used to build this team. It would be different if there was a huge drop off in talent behind Talib, but Roby, Doss, Webster all seem ready to step up and take over.
                          sigpic

Comment

It is so difficult for an NFL team to get a top ten CB and two is a defensive coordinators dream. However, even with two very solid CBs an injury can leave you vulnerable to a good passing attack. We are somewhat immune with three insanely gifted and technically correct corners. IMO I don't see Elway releasing any one of the three starters next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                              It is so difficult for an NFL team to get a top ten CB and two is a defensive coordinators dream. However, even with two very solid CBs an injury can leave you vulnerable to a good passing attack. We are somewhat immune with three insanely gifted and technically correct corners. IMO I don't see Elway releasing any one of the three starters next year.
                              Great post. Cps when off mobile.

Comment

roby has always been up and down. he played horrible tonight. not starting caliber as a 1 or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X