X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaltySnipes
    replied
    Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
    Other than the long sideline play to Cooks yesterday BEFORE the TD (which IMO wasn't totally Roby's fault), Roby played outstanding against NO.

He deserves props coming off a tough game VS Oakland.
    agreed, roby played well. his break up on Michael Thomas caused a D stew pick.

Leave a comment:

• jakemillar
    replied
    Other than the long sideline play to Cooks yesterday BEFORE the TD (which IMO wasn't totally Roby's fault), Roby played outstanding against NO.

He deserves props coming off a tough game VS Oakland.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    I'm looking forward to the return of Talib.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
    With that being said, we do need to lock him up. Webster is playing well to.
    What has he done? Does he need an attorney?

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied
    With that being said, we do need to lock him up. Webster is playing well to.

Leave a comment:

• 15thebeast
    replied
    Need to get him signed up on a long term deal, Talib can't play forever and not sure how bad his injury really is

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied
    Two weeks in a row that Roby has given big plays in Big moments.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    In my opinion, what happened last night was a combination of issues:
    1) Oakland's O is good, and can be explosive at times. They have multiple quality receivers, and multiple quality backs, along with a huge OLine and a young QB with big upside.
    2) Our D is hurting, and we all know what that means to this team. It's the reason we won the SB and why we are near the top this season.
    3) By the 4th Q, our backs all looked beat. Harris was even looking exhausted on that goal line D.
    4) Roby was off, for sure. I have confidence in him. He is a good, young player. He may have been trying a little too hard given our situation last night. He will come back strong.
    Roby started getting smoked early and often-- even with Miller getting into the backfield. He just had a bad night. Maybe he was sick or who knows if something could have been wrong; but his play was uncharacteristic of what we usually see from him.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    In my opinion, what happened last night was a combination of issues:
    1) Oakland's O is good, and can be explosive at times. They have multiple quality receivers, and multiple quality backs, along with a huge OLine and a young QB with big upside.
    2) Our D is hurting, and we all know what that means to this team. It's the reason we won the SB and why we are near the top this season.
    3) By the 4th Q, our backs all looked beat. Harris was even looking exhausted on that goal line D.
    4) Roby was off, for sure. I have confidence in him. He is a good, young player. He may have been trying a little too hard given our situation last night. He will come back strong.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    He is in his third year!!! Player personnel experts say this is the year you show what you got.
    He was defensive player of the week last week. Bad games happen. Remember when Bailey got torched by Terrell Owens?

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Roby may be good as a nickel CB but him and the guys we have behind him, are utter garbage as a regular starting CB.

We need Talib back in the worse way.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Exactly. Not sure why folks are so eager to get rid of him. He's a top 3 CB for a reason. He's damn good and not easily replaced as we all saw last night. Our secondary works best with all the moving parts, not as separate entities.
    Ever since McDaniels traded off all the best players on the team, people think that's the way to build a team. Bronco fans used to never think this way until McDaniels

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Roby really fell far in here over the past week.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by kapzk View Post
    No way is Talib leaving anytime soon after what happened in tonight's game.
    Exactly. Not sure why folks are so eager to get rid of him. He's a top 3 CB for a reason. He's damn good and not easily replaced as we all saw last night. Our secondary works best with all the moving parts, not as separate entities.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    My reason for being ok with letting him go isn't because I'm against him in any way shape or form. I like the guy. but unlike the DT situation, there are players behind him that seem capable of filling his shoes. With DT, there's a pretty big void in talent behind him. The other thing is, unlike DT whose contract basically gives us zero benefit for moving him prior to 2018, Talib is making a decent chunk of change and the cap hit for not bringing him back isn't too bad.

If he restructures in a way that we can keep him without a lot of cost then I'm all for it, but unlike DT, his money can actually be used to build this team. It would be different if there was a huge drop off in talent behind Talib, but Roby, Doss, Webster all seem ready to step up and take over.
    We aren't ready to role with these guys yet..Not even close

Leave a comment:

Working...
X