Tired of Jordan Norwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
    LOL - I saw that too... Wonder who that was.
    Talib ... sometimes players have a bad night ... don't think getting shoved by a teammate is going to make it better though
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
      I think I would give Jordan Taylor a chance and at this point just tell him all you need to do is catch the punt. Our guys end up holding or blocking in the back about 90% of the time when we do have opportunities to return the ball.
      I also wouldn't mind given Taylor the option... kinda loving that guy lately. Although, a couple weeks ago when Taylor fumbled, even though he redeemed himself more than once in the same game ... read some of the nastiest comments ever on him. Players are going to make mistakes, but I also was a little surprised that they kept putting Norwood back in, I'm assuming it was to keep him from losing confidence ... not sure.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• I've defended Norwood in the past because he's ranked 7th for punt return average and contributes some as a receiver. He contributed vs. NO.

He was a significant contributor to the Broncos loss last night - fumbled once and lucky we recovered. Muffed the punt that resulted in a TO with what would have been great field position. Received the ball inside the 10 a couple of times.

I cannot see why Kubiak would keep him as the returner after how he played last night. Maybe he kept him in to try to keep his confidence. Why not try another player at this point?

Comment

• Waste of a roster spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hesky View Post
            Waste of a roster spot.
            Kubes version of Lance Ball

Comment

• When you win people tend to forget the bad that happened but when you lose it gets addressed. I kind of feel like this team is alot worse than the record shows. But because we keep pulling out these wins the issues dont get addressed as they should. Had we lost last night I'm sure Jordan Norwood would be cut today. But because we won its gonna go unaddressed and he will continue is his below average at best return duties. Same for o-line but that's another topic.

I just feel overall among players and staff there is inconsistent improvement and alot of taking one step forward 2 steps back but hey we keep winning so why complain, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                When you win people tend to forget the bad that happened but when you lose it gets addressed. I kind of feel like this team is alot worse than the record shows. But because we keep pulling out these wins the issues dont get addressed as they should. Had we lost last night I'm sure Jordan Norwood would be cut today. But because we won its gonna go unaddressed and he will continue is his below average at best return duties. Same for o-line but that's another topic.

I just feel overall among players and staff there is inconsistent improvement and alot of taking one step forward 2 steps back but hey we keep winning so why complain, right?
                DEN DID lose last night! Did you watch the game?
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

When you win people tend to forget the bad that happened but when you lose it gets addressed. I kind of feel like this team is alot worse than the record shows. But because we keep pulling out these wins the issues dont get addressed as they should. Had we lost last night I'm sure Jordan Norwood would be cut today. But because we won its gonna go unaddressed and he will continue is his below average at best return duties. Same for o-line but that's another topic.

Um, we lost.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Um, we lost.

Lol woooooow how did that happen?

A little explanation. I'm on the east coast so after the fowler touchdown I went to bed I figured game over. I haven't even watched tv or been online all day since. Now I have to go back and watch.

How did we blow it though?

Comment

A little explanation. I'm on the east coast so after the fowler touchdown I went to bed I figured game over. I haven't even watched tv or been online all day since. Now I have to go back and watch.

KC marched down the field and got the TD with 12 seconds to go on a controversial play at the time, but it was the right call. Then their WR made a tough catch for the 2 pt conversion. In OT both teams made FGs. Then there was "the call", 4 & 10 at their 44. They could punt, go for it, or go for the FG. Kubiak took a TO, and he decided to go for the 62 yard FG, which McManus hooked badly. KC got 2 1st downs, and their kicker hit the upright but somehow got it through
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Don't put yourself through the torture and emotional pain.

The D gave up multiple penalties/ third and longs and the Chiefs drove down and scored and converted the 2pt conversion.

Traded FGs in OT, they then sent McManus out for a 62 yard FG, missed. Chiefs had a short field, kicked the game winner as time expired in OT, ball hit the upright and went through.

Comment

Oh dear, you poor soul.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I don't know how he still has a job today. There are other receivers on the roster who I'm sure would try to step up if given the opportunity (unlike the RT disaster situation, where everyone sucks).

Comment

• Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                              Players have bad games, what a shocker. Now you can relax.
                              Norwood didn't have a bad game. He's having a bad career. We have seven WR's on the roster. We waived a NT to sign a LS. Maybe if we had a back up NT in the game yesterday Syl Williams would have been fresh enough to help shut down KC at the end of the game, maybe not. But I'd rather have a 2nd NT than a 7th WR. Guess which one I'd cut?
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said Monday that his players have to handle their emotions better after cornerback Aqib Talib shoved Broncos wide receiver Jordan Norwood after Norwood muffed a punt early in the fourth quarter of the Broncos' 30-27 overtime loss to the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday night.

"Let me just say this, we compete at the highest level,'' Kubiak said when he was asked about the incident Monday. "Our guys compete all the time, practice, games, those types of things, so I see guys competing, guys are upset. Jordan and Aqib are fine, I can tell you that, that's not an issue.''

It happened in a hard-nosed affair the Broncos trailed, 16-10, with 12 minutes, 29 seconds left in regulation. Norwood, who had muffed a punt earlier in the game and had struggled much of the time on a windy night, was set to field a Dustin Colquitt punt at the Kansas City 48-yard line, right in front of the Broncos' bench area.

But Norwood drifted too far under the ball, which bounced off his facemask and Chiefs long-snapper James Winchester recovered at the Chiefs' 41-yard line. Many players on the Broncos' sideline reacted with plenty of anger and Talib took it one more step shoving Norwood hard following the play.

It did not escalate as Norwood moved to sit on one of the team's benches as Talib and the Broncos' defense took the field. The Chiefs did not make much of the opportunity as they had a holding penalty and ran three other plays before punting on the ensuing drive.

Kubiak said he didn't believe the play would be an issue between the two players moving forward.

"Obviously emotions get in the way and those are things we've got to talk about,'' Kubiak said. "We've got to control our emotions. It's a very competitive environment down there and there was no harm intended, I can tell you that. Those two guys are fine."

Asked if he was "OK'' with what happened, Kubiak said:

"I want our guys to compete. We have to handle those situations better. I tell our guys all the time, here's what I tell them, we battle together, we don't battle each other. And they understand that.''

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...motions-better
                                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X