• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    It was Talib who shoved him.
    Part of me wished Talib would have given him an eye poke

Comment

• Apart from the one punt return in the Super Bowl, I literally can't think of another single play where I've been impressed with him. Like, for the entirety of the time he's been on our team. Seriously, I can't think of a single play. He's consistently disappointing as a WR, and provides very little in the return game. I don't understand why he's still on the roster...

Comment

• I understand peoples and player emotions are high. But this is not cool to me for Talib to shove Norwood. You're a team that's suppose to stick together whatever the outcome and have each other's back. The man was already prob feeling like crap for it.

Comment

• I'd like to see Talib acknowledge while it was done in the passion of the moment it was wrong. He really is the last person that should be pointing out other people's issues on or off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
            I understand peoples and player emotions are high. But this is not cool to me for Talib to shove Norwood. You're a team that's suppose to stick together whatever the outcome and have each other's back. The man was already prob feeling like crap for it.
            Agreed. I mean I get the anger, I was angry at him too. Yell at him, sure. But to take it to the physical level is just not a good look between teammates. It has the makings of locker room cancer.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              I understand peoples and player emotions are high. But this is not cool to me for Talib to shove Norwood. You're a team that's suppose to stick together whatever the outcome and have each other's back. The man was already prob feeling like crap for it.
              It's a garbage move. I hope that some teammates called him out on it. I was disappointed in Norwood fumbling two punts last night, and I question whether he's a guy who should be back there, but teammates shouldn't act that way, and I'd actually hope they suspend Talib for a game because of it, conduct detrimental to the team. I don't remember anyone shoving Talib when he was absolutely atrocious in the first half of the Super Bowl and was taking 15 yard penalties like it was grabbing a drink of water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                It's a garbage move. I hope that some teammates called him out on it. I was disappointed in Norwood fumbling two punts last night, and I question whether he's a guy who should be back there, but teammates shouldn't act that way, and I'd actually hope they suspend Talib for a game because of it, conduct detrimental to the team. I don't remember anyone shoving Talib when he was absolutely atrocious in the first half of the Super Bowl and was taking 15 yard penalties like it was grabbing a drink of water.
                On the game day thread there were several posts condoning and even encouraging what Talib did. Norwood didn't play well but Talib's behavior was unacceptable. Every player out there makes mistakes. Sure Norwood made critical mistakes but that was uncalled for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  On the game day thread there were several posts condoning and even encouraging what Talib did. Norwood didn't play well but Talib's behavior was unacceptable. Every player out there makes mistakes. Sure Norwood made critical mistakes but that was uncalled for.
                  The only time I would condone pushing a teammate is if they were out there giving no effort, just going through the motions to collect a check, and even then it would be tough to condone. Norwood's mistakes weren't a lack of effort, just screwups, kind of like accidentally shooting oneself.

I didn't know until reading this tonight that it was Talib, but after reading that, I hope Elway moves on from Talib after the season. You can't have a cancer in the locker room, Talib is a big talent, but he's a headache.

Comment

The only time I would condone pushing a teammate is if they were out there giving no effort, just going through the motions to collect a check, and even then it would be tough to condone. Norwood's mistakes weren't a lack of effort, just screwups, kind of like accidentally shooting oneself.

I didn't know until reading this tonight that it was Talib, but after reading that, I hope Elway moves on from Talib after the season. You can't have a cancer in the locker room, Talib is a big talent, but he's a headache.
                    Not sure what Elway will do after the season but this is an opportunity for Kubiak to hold Talib accountable.

Comment

• I just read that Talib has apologized to Norwood and that there's no hard feelings. Fair enough, move on to next week. But the entire team needs to know they can't turn on each other.

Now, who should be back returning punts next week?...How about Talib?

Comment

I just read that Talib has apologized to Norwood and that there's no hard feelings. Fair enough, move on to next week. But the entire team needs to know they can't turn on each other.

Now, who should be back returning punts next week?...How about Talib?
                        Talibs to valuable.

The team needs fowler or Taylor. They might not be the most physically gifted out there but I gaurentee they have a much higher football iq then Norwood.

We just need someone to call fair catch or take a knee in the end zone on kickoffs. Most importantly to think on the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                          Talibs to valuable.

The team needs fowler or Taylor. They might not be the most physically gifted out there but I gaurentee they have a much higher football iq then Norwood.

We just need someone to call fair catch or take a knee in the end zone on kickoffs. Most importantly to think on the fly.
                          Talib has done it before and a return is big for flipping field position. Not only does it put your offense in a better position, but it also helps the defense out, if the offense doesn't gain a yard.

I hope Elway finally realizes that it's worth spending a roster spot on a player who can instantly flip the field for you. No more guys who are slightly serviceable returners, get a guy who can change momentum.

Comment

• What Talibs did was fine, all the Broncos fan on this forum wanted him cut on the spot when he muff the punt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                              What Talibs did was fine, all the Broncos fan on this forum wanted him cut on the spot when he muff the punt.
                              Nope, it's not fine for teammates to push each other on the field. If you have an issue talk to them on the sidelines, or deal with it in the locker room. Pushing a player as they walk off the field is wrong. As for how fans feel about that player, it doesn't matter to the issue of Talib and Norwood,

Comment

• I guess Talib is sick of him too.

Comment

Working...
                                X