Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of Jordan Norwood

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Sounds like we have left the run game in the dust...unless he plans for half of these receivers to block all game long?
    right but Fowler is ruled out. I suspect that will see one WR cut soon (if Raymond does well it may even end up being Norwood).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Wait. I thought Kubiak never changes and always sticks with the same player for some reason
      Norwood is still playing.I'll call that being stubborn.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by River Side View Post
        Norwood is still playing.I'll call that being stubborn.
        Maybe because he has rhe 3rd and 4th most receptions and yards, respectively on the team?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by River Side View Post
          Norwood is still playing.I'll call that being stubborn.
          The inactive list won't be announced until around 930AM mountain time on Sunday, at that point we'll know if Norwood is playing.

          Comment


          • We now have as many wide receivers as spiders have legs

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              We now have as many wide receivers as spiders have legs
              I'm surprised they haven't dropped one to add a d-lineman, tomorrow is the last day they can do it, so that's a possibility. And I suspect we might see a WR dropped next week to add David Bruton.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                The inactive list won't be announced until around 930AM mountain time on Sunday, at that point we'll know if Norwood is playing.
                Kubes already said he would be so I believe he will.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  Kubes already said he would be so I believe he will.
                  I saw him say that, but we'll see. You'd have to figure Raymond will be the active returner, so now it becomes about whether Norwood can be useful on offense if he's not playing special teams? I believe Latimer is now healthy, so activating him to play special teams covers for Fowler and having Raymond active covers for Norwood. Now it becomes whether Latimer can do as much as Raymond as the 4th receiver? I would think he can.

                  So based on that, despite what Kubiak said today, I think the Broncos will deactivate Norwood on Sunday. But of course I reserve the right to be 100% wrong...

                  Comment


                  • He's not on the inactive list. Crazy he can single handily give a game away (yes defense choked to) and is untouchable. He has made terrible decisions all year

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Venom View Post
                      He's not on the inactive list. Crazy he can single handily give a game away (yes defense choked to) and is untouchable. He has made terrible decisions all year
                      The muffed punt did not result in points for KC - sure it cost a possession. The fair catch at the 6 yard line wasn't a good decision however, the offense should have been able to avoid a safety - I understand a safety staring at the 1 or 2 yard line but not where they started.

                      Norwood didn't cost the team the game although he contributed.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Venom View Post
                        He's not on the inactive list. Crazy he can single handily give a game away (yes defense choked to) and is untouchable. He has made terrible decisions all year
                        Here it is:

                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                        Comment


                        • Ok So we saw Norwood with yet another poor offensive performance and Raymond fill in quite well as our return man...please oh please say we're gonna cut Norwood now...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            Ok So we saw Norwood with yet another poor offensive performance and Raymond fill in quite well as our return man...please oh please say we're gonna cut Norwood now...
                            So you're expecting Norwood to teach Lynch how to pass accurately?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              So you're expecting Norwood to teach Lynch how to pass accurately?
                              That is a pretty over the tip and rather crude response and certainly not what I meant. Norwood is supposed to be the shifty fast guy on the team...that's his role. On that play he was sup posed to get the ball but from what I saw he didn't get separation from his man covering him. Lynch as a result threw the ball high...a go grab it type throw. IIRC there was not much of a jump. In addition Taylor, Brown or DT could have made that catch without issue...Norwood is just simply shorter.

                              On the flip side of this Raymond came out and for the most part matched exactly what Norwood has done for us...in his 1st ever NFL start...

                              On top of all of that I'd assume that Lynch likely has auch better rapport with Raymond as he'd have been the one running the scout team with Lynch...every QB needs someone who is familiar I'd go as far as to say Raymond is likely familiar to Lynch.

                              So yes...Norwood has yet to wow me on either offense or PR so why not move on and see if our UDFA can step up and improve...he's already shown he is at the very least not a downgrade.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                                That is a pretty over the tip and rather crude response and certainly not what I meant. Norwood is supposed to be the shifty fast guy on the team...that's his role. On that play he was sup posed to get the ball but from what I saw he didn't get separation from his man covering him. Lynch as a result threw the ball high...a go grab it type throw. IIRC there was not much of a jump. In addition Taylor, Brown or DT could have made that catch without issue...Norwood is just simply shorter.

                                On the flip side of this Raymond came out and for the most part matched exactly what Norwood has done for us...in his 1st ever NFL start...

                                On top of all of that I'd assume that Lynch likely has auch better rapport with Raymond as he'd have been the one running the scout team with Lynch...every QB needs someone who is familiar I'd go as far as to say Raymond is likely familiar to Lynch.

                                So yes...Norwood has yet to wow me on either offense or PR so why not move on and see if our UDFA can step up and improve...he's already shown he is at the very least not a downgrade.
                                For the same reason the coaches and personnel guys don't cut bait with Paxton Lynch despite several people on here saying he's a bust after 2 starts. Because they know more about what's going on and they see more than any of us do. They have reasons for every person being on the roster, they may not be apparent to us right now, but they have their reasons. If they find a reason for Norwood or another player not to be on the roster, they'll go ahead and make that decision/move.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X