Tired of Jordan Norwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Who cares what he does in practise. He could look like the next Jerry Rice in practise. At this point in Norwood's career IMO the practise potential card is gone. He can either play on gameday or he can't. More importantly can he play better on GameDay than the rookie Raymond...right now it doesn't look like he can. Which then leaves Raymond with auch better upside longterm for our team.
    Kubiak and the coaches care about what they see in practice. Other receivers may not run routes as precisely as they should. Players might be slower because they don't know the playbook as well (Latimer's issue until Kubiak saw that he knew what he was doing).

Norwood can play on game day - he's the 3rd leading receiver on the team.

Players beat out other players partly based on what they show in practice.

We've seen Raymond return in one game. Maybe he'll be great and if he is then awesome - we need a good returner. We have no idea if he'll be a better long term returner for the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      Some players practise great and play poorly in games and others are the reverse. Either way we have very few RB options and frankly Forsett for all the praise Kubiak said about him has not played well this season. Hence why he's been cut twice. With each of these games down the stretch being so important even if he is not 100 percent up to speed he either can play football or he can't. So with the incredibly high WR count on our roster and two LS....why not make room for this young RB and simply see what he can do in game....

I understand your rationale for comparing a zoNE RB to a return man but a good number of these guys in the league are speed guys and many of them come from the WR pool.
      That's because receivers are generally the best players at catching the ball, and good zone RBs are usually needed (and take a big enough pounding) during the game that it's tough to put them back there. But the plays develop like a zone running play, plus like a running play a PR is a play where the other 21 players are directly in front of you, for a receiver you're usually catching the ball and 10+ players are nowhere in the scene.

If you can get a good zone RB, who has some speed and is down the depth chart, oh and can catch the ball, they'd be my first choice for PR. There's not a lot of those guys though who can be made expendable.

Comment

• Norwood is inactive today.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
          Code:
          POS 	First 	            Second 	                Third 	Other
          WR 	Dem Thomas 	Bennie Fowler III 	[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Jordan Taylor[/COLOR][/B] 	Marlon Brown
          LT 	Russell Okung 	Ty Sambrailo 		
          LG 	Max Garcia 	Connor McGovern 		
          C 	Matt Paradis 	James Ferentz 		
          RG 	Ml Schofield 	Billy Turner 		
          RT 	D Stephenson 	Ty Sambrailo 		
          TE 	V Green 	Jeff Heuerman 	         A.J. Derby 	
          WR 	E Sanders 	Cody Latimer     	[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Jordan Norwood[/COLOR][/B] 	[B][COLOR="#FF0000"][COLOR="#FF0000"]Kalif Raymond[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
          RB 	D Booker   	Juwan Thompson       	Justin Forsett 	
          QB 	Trevor Siemian 	Paxton Lynch 	          Austin Davis 	
          FB 	Juwan Thompson
          This is on http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html . It's only a depth chart so of course it's not written in stone across the board. Also, Fowler was inactive last week. My gut feeling is that Norwood isn't cut any time soon because the WR position is pretty unsettled after #1/#2. I don't think we are going to be able to tell anything other than from looking at the inactive list and then who gets snaps during games.
          Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Norwood is inactive today.

I completely missed this: WR Marlon Brown is on IR.

Marlon Brown - WR Broncos

Broncos placed WR Marlon Brown on injured reserve.This move opened a spot on the 53-man roster, and allowed the team to promote LB Quentin Gause. He signed a new two year contract this past November, so the team wants to keep him around, despite his injury.

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/player-n...n-brown-on-ir/

So Kalif Raymond looks like the new return guy and Marlon Brown is out of the equation. We have two Long Snappers on the active roster still. We did add a LB when Brown was put on IR. I'm assuming that's a temporary move because of Marshall missing time. At some point I think we have to clean up the roster and make some moves. I want them to bring Watson up from the Practice Squad and put him on the Active Roster for the rest of the season to see what he can do. He'll still have PS eligibility next year. Either cut Norwood or put our injured LS on IR.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Norwood being inactive cost is the game! Fowler dropped the game winner! I blame Norwood.... if he wasn't such a disappointment this year, he plays and catches that pass and we win the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              Norwood being inactive cost is the game! Fowler dropped the game winner! I blame Norwood.... if he wasn't such a disappointment this year, he plays and catches that pass and we win the game.
              If Nowood wasn't in there stealing Fowler's reps, Fowler would have had the skill to make that catch! No, but seriously, our roster looks goofy right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                I completely missed this: WR Marlon Brown is on IR.

Marlon Brown - WR Broncos

Broncos placed WR Marlon Brown on injured reserve.This move opened a spot on the 53-man roster, and allowed the team to promote LB Quentin Gause. He signed a new two year contract this past November, so the team wants to keep him around, despite his injury.

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/player-n...n-brown-on-ir/

So Kalif Raymond looks like the new return guy and Marlon Brown is out of the equation. We have two Long Snappers on the active roster still. We did add a LB when Brown was put on IR. I'm assuming that's a temporary move because of Marshall missing time. At some point I think we have to clean up the roster and make some moves. I want them to bring Watson up from the Practice Squad and put him on the Active Roster for the rest of the season to see what he can do. He'll still have PS eligibility next year. Either cut Norwood or put our injured LS on IR.
                Yep, that dude totally fleeced us for some money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  Yep, that dude totally fleeced us for some money.
                  He signed a two year deal. I think he wasn't going to end up active for the rest of this year, and they wanted him in the mix for next year, so it's fine.

Comment

• Belichick would have cut him following the Chiefs game.

Comment

• Cut Jordan Norwood NOW

I never ever want to see this guy in a Broncos uniform again. Not only is he not a good player, he's actually a huge liability. He has single-handedly cost the Broncos two games this season. Let Raymond be the returner and give Taylor his reps at WR. Enough of this disaster.

Comment

• Fowler should sit shotgun on the way out.

Comment

• So why is he still here? Kubiak and his regime of losing coaches has brought their trash to Denver. Elway needs to clean house!

Comment

• Fire the ST coach. He put Norwood in that position. That fumble he had was the ballgame (as it turned out). The 3 points Norwood gifted to NE was as many points as our offense scored all game.

Comment

• Kubiak is so stubborn he'll have him playing QB next week, guys been horrible for a long time now yet still finds his way on the field.

Comment

• He should have been cut following the Chiefs disaster. This coaching staff needs to have more of a cut-throat attitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X