Tired of Jordan Norwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
    As is CJ Spiller - Potentially not only bolstering the return game, but the running game.
    Spiller is already gone. There's not many big names left out there, but if I had to guess I'd figure there's probably some talented undrafted free agents out there with good hands and great speed just waiting for an opportunity to show what they're made of.

Hopefully, for our sake, the Broncos organization is holding tryouts regularly to find talent like this and would be willing to open up a spot on the roster for someone like this. We need someone better than what we've got, because Norwood is killing us on opening field position and turnovers due to his mistakes.

Last week his fumbled pass-catching attempt could have ended up losing us that game and those are the types of things we can't have happen. As well as his muffed punt return that was luckily recovered.

Release him and give his spot to someone with a strong desire to succeed in this league who has the ability to hold onto the ball and has better vision out there than Norwood (can't be too hard to find). Sometimes you just got to give an unknown a chance, and we've got nothing to lose by doing so.
    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by liam_b26 View Post
      Do we have anyone on this team who is blessed with lightning speed like Holiday? What about putting Booker back for punts?
      Doss does, Booker would not be a good idea, we're down to him starting, don't risk your starter on returns... The problem is, speed isn't everything, the return guy has to know when to run, where to run, and be able to hold onto the ball.
      sigpic

Comment

They really could use a better pr and kr tyreak hill was a steal but in all reality there are not many people who can successful return kicks in the nfl most in a career is still 19and thats combing both
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          They really could use a better pr and kr tyreak hill was a steal but in all reality there are not many people who can successful return kicks in the nfl most in a career is still 19and thats combing both
          While TD's would be great, I think most would settle for an average field position of the 20-30 yard line instead of fair catching inside the 5.
          sigpic

Comment

Dude is slow. He's actually had some nice creases in the return game this season, and he can identify them alright, but can only max out at about 15 yards cuz he's so slow. An actually fast and shifty guy hitting those holes could potentially get a TD or at least over twenty yards.

Comment

Knowing our offense would probably struggle, I am a little surprised we haven't targeted a return guy. With guys like Spiller hitting the market for dirt cheap, if nothing else I'd at least try him out just for returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                So we can safely say twice.
                Twice for sure and if memory serves I recall a third within the first 4 games. I personally wonder if Raymond on the PS may not be a viable option instead?

I do agree with other that Taylor should be in there more and taking Norwood snaps. I'd also like to see Taylor and DT on the outside and Sander run inside. WOULD remind us of the early Peyton days with DT and Decker.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  Eagles had a magnificent punt return last night. Something like 63 yard punt return which led to a TD. Us Broncos can only salivate and dream of a punt return play like that
                  Who has the longest punt return in Super Bowl history? Just saying... I'm not a big fan of him either, but he sure isn't breaking the bank.
                  Last edited by BroncosIsWin; 11-03-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                    Who has the longest punt return in Super Bowl history? Just saying... I'm not a big fan of him either, but he sure isn't breaking the bank.
                    I'd ask that as fans we look at what happened more...objectively. the gunner who was right there simply made an error. I can understand why...who doesn't call for a fair catch there? Also with the aggressive fines and the importance of the game I understand why he didn't just level him.

So for me Norwood SB return while it was awesome and it helped us, for me at least, I see it as more of a fluke and a one off.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                      And....? One good play doesn't make up for a multitude of really, really, really stupid choices...Norwood is a waste of a roster spot.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                        I'd ask that as fans we look at what happened more...objectively. the gunner who was right there simply made an error. I can understand why...who doesn't call for a fair catch there? Also with the aggressive fines and the importance of the game I understand why he didn't just level him.

So for me Norwood SB return while it was awesome and it helped us, for me at least, I see it as more of a fluke and a one off.
                        That return was definitely a fluke. I thought for sure it would be a fair catch, and not surprised Carolina didn't blast him. It just looked weird. Then the gunner missed and he turned it up. Honestly, I couldn't believe he didn't score. You can see the defender, I believe a lineman or LB walking him down. That guy should've been blocked, but made a TD saving tackle. I wouldn't use the Super Bowl run to make a case for Norwood.

Comment

It seems like ball security is still the number 1 focus for our punt returner. Holliday was really exciting but his ball security was horrendous. Our defense is really difficult to score if not put in short field positions so lets find the guy that doesn't do that to our defense. I am also tired of the Norwood experiment some improvement is definitely needed.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                            That return was definitely a fluke. I thought for sure it would be a fair catch, and not surprised Carolina didn't blast him. It just looked weird. Then the gunner missed and he turned it up. Honestly, I couldn't believe he didn't score. You can see the defender, I believe a lineman or LB walking him down. That guy should've been blocked, but made a TD saving tackle. I wouldn't use the Super Bowl run to make a case for Norwood.
                            If anything, if he had even a small amount of speed he could have gone all the way with that, but he's very slow....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              If anything, if he had even a small amount of speed he could have gone all the way with that, but he's very slow....
                              Yeah. No offense to him. But the toughest thing he did on that return was catch the ball. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                                Yeah. No offense to him. But the toughest thing he did on that return was catch the ball. Lol
                                It's amazing he didn't just try to fair catch it... or not touch it and let it bounce to the 1 yard line.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X