Tired of Jordan Norwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    And as I write this Norwood just caused a penalty for downfield blocking...A bunch of players and coaches have praised Sanders for his route running etc. Sure and that was all justified...at the end of his tenure with the Steelers. Taylor has been given very limited game snaps and for the most part has done well in nearly all of them he's been given. He would have had a second GREAT catch if Trevor could have kept it within his zip code (I think he sailed his throw nearly 10 feet too high....awful throw.
    I think as a collective the Broncos fan base needs to take the orange coloured glasses off for Jordan Taylor. If he was as good as anyone in favour of him being, don't you think Kubiak would have him out there? There is merit to the head coaches reason for playing certain players, and he plays Jordan Norwood predominantly. I'm sure there's a reason.

With THAT being said, I could probably stand to be in less of a defense of Jordan Norwood. He truly hasn't been more than ordinary. But consistently ordinary is a thing too!

Comment

I withdraw my belief in this thread. Norwood has responded with back to back good games.

Comment

Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

The video is blocked from playing when you embed so here's a link:

https://youtu.be/s9juKYxHtzY

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            I withdraw my belief in this thread. Norwood has responded with back to back good games.
            Well, if these threads are working, whom should the next one be about?

I jest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

I jest.
              Well we already have one on Kubes and the playcalling...

Booker? Manovich for having a club arm?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
                I think as a collective the Broncos fan base needs to take the orange coloured glasses off for Jordan Taylor. If he was as good as anyone in favour of him being, don't you think Kubiak would have him out there? There is merit to the head coaches reason for playing certain players, and he plays Jordan Norwood predominantly. I'm sure there's a reason.

With THAT being said, I could probably stand to be in less of a defense of Jordan Norwood. He truly hasn't been more than ordinary. But consistently ordinary is a thing too!
                As the videos posted after this show he is just that good and likely can become even better. He just needs more reps. Having two taller decent sized wide outs means a lot for our red zone options.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  As the videos posted after this show he is just that good and likely can become even better. He just needs more reps. Having two taller decent sized wide outs means a lot for our red zone options.
                  I didn't see the whole game but I noticed him lining up outside of Thomas a bit. They were clearing space for each other. They were doing a decent job of running complimentary routes.That's a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    And he got you a SB, remember that punt return?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

I jest.
                      Trevor Siemian....

Maybe if we talk badly enough about the offensive line they'll improve too.

yeah right...
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
                        And he got you a SB, remember that punt return?
                        uh...I remember him getting us 3 points off of that one play, and since then he hasn't shown true starter quality. One decent game doesn't exonerate him from the 9 others.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by jakemillar View Post

Did you not see Taylor's TD catch? That was an amazing play by him. It looked overthrown and not on target, but Taylor still makes that play. He is a starter, there is no question in my mind.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• The ball was thrown on time and on target he had to catch the pass twice, it was a nice play. Taylors young and will be a good player, let him learn the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                              The ball was thrown on time and on target he had to catch the pass twice, it was a nice play. Taylors young and will be a good player, let him learn the game.
                              Your definition of on target and mine clearly differ. The ball was again thrown high...at least this time it was thrown within his zip code. He caught the ball twice and ensured he kept himself in bounds...not one but twice as well. The body control and mental ability that takes is incredible.

In addition there were at least two plays I saw where Taylor was wide open about a yard shy of the firSt. Not unreasonable to expect him to gain 1 YAC.

As it stands with Norwood...rotational player at best - Imo. For three wide sets I truly believe we are better off with Taylor, DT and Sanders rotating spots and varying their routes.

Comment

• I agree that Sunshine can play some football, if he is that good then he'll get his time on the field. Something is keeping Norwood on the field for more snaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X