Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venom
    replied
    Wow. I don't understand sticking with guys who have single handily cost us so much. I wish Kubiak would retire

Leave a comment:

• Chrissy
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
    This move by Kubes pretty much cements my distrust as a coach. I really like Gary K... But this is just laughably asinine.
    That's the delima ..I have always said that Kubes seems like a nice guy but hes a horrific coach.. makes it tough to like or dislike him.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Venom View Post
    So Norwood is active today?
    For sure. Expect a fumble or too.

Leave a comment:

• Venom
    replied
    So Norwood is active today?

Leave a comment:

• Broncodoodle
    replied
    This move by Kubes pretty much cements my distrust as a coach. I really like Gary K... But this is just laughably asinine.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    1) Punt return in the Super Bowl, which was a heady play by Norwood, but mainly a mistake by the Panthers. And his lack of top speed allowed him to be tackled from behind by a defensive end.

2) His 36-yard TD in week 9 vs the Raiders.

That's all I can remember. Was it worth all his blunders? Anything positive you get from Norwood, you should be able to get from Taylor/Fowler/Latimer.

Kubiak can't say this is the best group of WRs he's ever had and then have Norwood as his slot receiver.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Because Kubiak believes in Norwood! Didn't you know football is a tough sport and that they sometimes get bad breaks?

Sarcasm, of course.
    Kubiak's response to the question about Norwood:

“I believe in players,” Kubiak said, according to a quote sheet released by the team. “All players battle their tails off. He made some mistakes. He’s also made a lot of plays for this football team. I believe in people. I keep encouraging them to do their job and battle. It’s a hard game. He doesn’t want to go out there and make a mistake. He wants to go out there and make plays. He’s done that for this team many times over."

How many times will Kubiak compromise the team by allowing a player to make the same mistakes. It's anyone's guess at this point. It is beyond common sense that he continues putting Norwood on the field. It's not just turnovers on punt returns - he caused a critical turnover in the San Diego game at the end of last season. Did not catch a pass earlier this season that resulted in an INT. Did not get his foot down for a TD in a game.

Where are all the great plays Kubiak is talking about?

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Norwood is 30 years old. It's not like he's young and can still get better. He has 5 fumbles this season. 5 fumbles per seasons is what made the Broncos get rid of Trindon Holliday, but at least he was an electric returner. AJ Derby is a former QB, I am sure he can serve as the emergency QB. There is no reason to make Norwood active on game day.

He was chosen over Raymond because of his role as WR, yet he only had 1 catch for 12 yards in the entire game. Such a key contribution... Why can't we use Jordan Taylor more outside and move Sanders to the slot in 3-WR sets? Or use Taylor's size in the slot as if he were a receiving TE attacking the seam. The Cardinals use Fitzgerald in the slot. How many nickel CBs can fight for the ball against a 6'4 WR?

Whyyyyyy????????
    Because Kubiak believes in Norwood! Didn't you know football is a tough sport and that they sometimes get bad breaks?

Sarcasm, of course.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Norwood is 30 years old. It's not like he's young and can still get better. He has 5 fumbles this season. 5 fumbles per seasons is what made the Broncos get rid of Trindon Holliday, but at least he was an electric returner. AJ Derby is a former QB, I am sure he can serve as the emergency QB. There is no reason to make Norwood active on game day.

He was chosen over Raymond because of his role as WR, yet he only had 1 catch for 12 yards in the entire game. Such a key contribution... Why can't we use Jordan Taylor more outside and move Sanders to the slot in 3-WR sets? Or use Taylor's size in the slot as if he were a receiving TE attacking the seam. The Cardinals use Fitzgerald in the slot. How many nickel CBs can fight for the ball against a 6'4 WR?

Whyyyyyy????????

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Instead of being cut, the Broncos cut Davis and elevated Norwood to 3rd QB (emergency).

In the words of the great Vince Lombardi, "what the hell is going on around here?"

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Instead of being cut, the Broncos cut Davis and elevated Norwood to 3rd QB (emergency).

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I asked Santa for Norwood to disappear. No deal.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    All we want for Xmas is Norwood to not see the field.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I second that emotion. :thumb:
    I'd like to see him do that but to be honest we are thin with blocking and Norwood just does not have the lightning speed needed to make guys miss. Raymond does. Then there is also the issue of mental ability...ie can a player shake off a mistake. For Norwood he has shown he can't. Like it or not. So the coaches can like the guy, frankly by all accounts I've heard he's a real stand up guy, that doesn't change the facts though. He has had two games where he has dropped very catchabe balls on offense and he has made mistakes in his last 2 or 3 ST PR starts.

Now II've on a bit...what is with all of this nonsense I am hearing coming out of our coaches mouths. Between our ST coach and our HC this past week I cannot decide which comments I think are worse. I suppose it would still need to be Kubiak's because at least our ST coach did say that Raymond has real potential to be 'the guy'. As other in other posts had stated teams who win or are generally winners NEVER defend players when talking to the media...they simply differ to that player directly and say something to the effect that 'we are constantly evaluating who should start and when.'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X