Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Bronco Country, It's Raider Week!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Bronco Country, It's Raider Week!!!!!!!!!

We are into November. Typically my most favorite month of football. I don't know why that is. Anyway, last night was Halloween and I saw some great costumes. Not sure if anyone else saw the Viking players dressed up as Bears and the Chicago players dressed up as Vikings. You try to explain how the Bears won that game! Anyway, let's do this.

1-5

NE
    DAL
    DEN
    KC
    ATL

Listen, the Pats* could lose but they still wouldn't drop a spot and it truly makes me ill even talking about this team so from now on, until something crazy happens on this team like Brady trying to towel whip Gronk's behind in the shower and it causes Gronk to slip and fall and get an ouchy, I am just going to ignore this team.

Dallas is an interesting team that I am still convinced will fall apart, because I mean, it is Dallas. And speaking of Dallas, whoever started this rumor about Romo possibly being traded to Denver needs to go stub their big toe repeatedly. Talk about horror! The thin air in Denver is enough to hurt Romo. Romo can't even walk down the street without hurting himself, While teeny tiny Sasha Banks (sorry for the wrestling integration but..you know... deal with it!) is getting this done to her on Sunday night and then gets up to work another 20-30 minutes.

Take notes Romo!

Why is KC up in the top 5 but the Raiders are not? Wait until you see where the Raiders are and who is above them. Back to KC. I get it, Nick Foles had to keep going in cause Smith couldn't stay on the field, and Foles did a damn good job. But come on, we all know how this Chief season is going to end. This is a good team but I am not too worried about them.

Dirty birds are proving to be a real contender, and they did it with Jones doing his best invisible man impression. I think this team might get even better over the next few weeks.

6-10

MIN
    GB
    PHI
    OAK
    SEA v6

What happened to the once mighty Vikings last night? I am fairly certain both teams last night swapped jerseys. Or Cutler sacrificed a goat in a sacred circle to make him play like a top level QB... but the evil entity he summoned forth didn't have that kind of power, no one does, and told Cutler he would just help them win. A deal was struck.

Tough loss for Green Bay in an awesome game this week. Rodgers played great, most of the team did, the Falcons just played slightly better. Nothing to be ashamed of and still no reason to panic.

Wanted Philly to win. They lost in OT. OT makes me scared now. We almost had 2 ties on Sunday. Philly could be on a decline but we will have to wait another week to see for sure.

Oakland is scary. So scary that two 4 win teams are above them in the rankings. I am seriously nervous and excited for our game with them this week. The no fly zone will have their work cut out. Oakland could have easily lost their game with Tampa but some blown coverage and poor tackling said otherwise. Cooper got me like all the fantasy points this week (like 30!) and Carr threw over 500 yards. That be crazy yo! Pretty sure I said it in the beginning of the year but this team was going to be serious business. So yea, be worried.

Seattle finally fell, but they are still in the top 10... How?!?!?! I am sorry but this team is a shell of what they used to be. They should be out of the top 10 next week.

11-15

PIT
    ARZ
    BUF
    HOU
    DET

Steelers were off this week.

Arizona lost to Carolina. Ewwww. 2 ugly teams playing an ugly game with ugly hits and ugly after game fashion. I'll get back to the fashion bit when we hit Carolina. Been saying it all year that this was a scarecrow team.

Buffalo, thanks for showing everyone that your win against the Pats* earlier this season was a fluke because Brady wasn't playing. Buffalo is pretty much good for nothing at this point. That division is wrapped up.

Houston won against a pretty good Detroit team, showing that Brocky-O is only good when he plays at home. They will win their division. Ugh who even cares at this point, we already beat Houston, talking about them now just seems pointless.

Theo Riddick proved to be a great pickup on fantasy. I still like Stafford and I still like this team, and I still like their chances in this division. I like things.

16-20

WAS
    NYG
    SD
    CIN
    LA

What does the number 458 and the word tie have in common? Well, that's the number of yards a QB threw just to tie a game. If you tie in the NFL as I said last week you should automatically drop like 10-15 spots... not 1! Redskins might regret that tie in a few weeks.

Big Blue had the week off.

Now we get to San Diego who after winning 3 games, has helped turn our division into the best division in football, on top of being a hell of a competitive team. No jokes or quips this week. Rivers took a beating and got up, the team played hard. It was hard fought game that was close... really close. Nothing but respect for this team this week!

New policy: If you tie I am not wasting my breath... or um... finger dexterity on giving you the time of day. That means you Bengals.

Pretty sure LA was on a bye this week, cause if they played I don't remember.

21-30

TEN
    MIA
    NO
    BAL
    TB
    CAR
    IND
    CHI
    NYJ
    JAX

Titans did some real work to the Jags...Oh, the Jags. I am not impressed Titans!

Miami on a bye as well? 6 teams this week were on byes I believe.

Saints are trying to keep things interesting in their division. They got me intrigued. Can they keep it up?

Baltimore was on bye.

Tampa... you can't ever help us out can you. That game was yours to win and you blew it. Go to your pirate ship and stand in the corner!

Cam was a little upset after that game was going to go tell on all the mean defenders who kept hitting him and the refs who weren't doing anything about it. Mind you, he did all that in this:

Sorry I am not taking anyone serious who wears... whatever that is. He has some hippy tyedye bow tie, a green pimp hat and a cotton candy colored suit. Where in the hell does he buy all this crap? His closet must look like a costume shop threw up in there. But now he is going to pay the commish a little visit to complain some more about the punishment he's been taking. Bring your green hat!

Luck got sacked 6 times and lived. That's what I call luck.

Da Bears were hungry. Seriously, that defense was intense last night. Cutler even played like a dude who could pass for a NFL quality QB. Great win against their strong division leaders.

The Jets beat the Browns... barely. You don't celebrate narrow victories against the Browns, you cry into your pillow until your next game. I didn't write the rule so don't get mad at me.

Talking about the Jags depresses me. I had stock in this team in the beginning of the season. I was right to dump them when I did.

31- SF was on a bye, and they needed it. Won't help but they still needed it.

32- Browns almost got their first win. But they did acquire a shiny new defender from NE*. Didn't see that coming. The Browns can feel that first win. I am going to end every week on that previous sentence aren't I? Ugh, oh well, hope everyone had a fun Halloween.

Originally posted by Bates View Post
    We are into November. Typically my most favorite month of football. I don't know why that is. Anyway, last night was Halloween and I saw some great costumes. Not sure if anyone else saw the Viking players dressed up as Bears and the Chicago players dressed up as Vikings. You try to explain how the Bears won that game! Anyway, let's do this.

1-5

NE
    DAL
    DEN
    KC
    ATL

Listen, the Pats* could lose but they still wouldn't drop a spot and it truly makes me ill even talking about this team so from now on, until something crazy happens on this team like Brady trying to towel whip Gronk's behind in the shower and it causes Gronk to slip and fall and get an ouchy, I am just going to ignore this team.

Dallas is an interesting team that I am still convinced will fall apart, because I mean, it is Dallas. And speaking of Dallas, whoever started this rumor about Romo possibly being traded to Denver needs to go stub their big toe repeatedly. Talk about horror! The thin air in Denver is enough to hurt Romo. Romo can't even walk down the street without hurting himself, While teeny tiny Sasha Banks (sorry for the wrestling integration but..you know... deal with it!) is getting this done to her on Sunday night and then gets up to work another 20-30 minutes.

Take notes Romo!

Why is KC up in the top 5 but the Raiders are not? Wait until you see where the Raiders are and who is above them. Back to KC. I get it, Nick Foles had to keep going in cause Smith couldn't stay on the field, and Foles did a damn good job. But come on, we all know how this Chief season is going to end. This is a good team but I am not too worried about them.

Dirty birds are proving to be a real contender, and they did it with Jones doing his best invisible man impression. I think this team might get even better over the next few weeks.

6-10

MIN
    GB
    PHI
    OAK
    SEA v6

What happened to the once mighty Vikings last night? I am fairly certain both teams last night swapped jerseys. Or Cutler sacrificed a goat in a sacred circle to make him play like a top level QB... but the evil entity he summoned forth didn't have that kind of power, no one does, and told Cutler he would just help them win. A deal was struck.

Tough loss for Green Bay in an awesome game this week. Rodgers played great, most of the team did, the Falcons just played slightly better. Nothing to be ashamed of and still no reason to panic.

Wanted Philly to win. They lost in OT. OT makes me scared now. We almost had 2 ties on Sunday. Philly could be on a decline but we will have to wait another week to see for sure.

Oakland is scary. So scary that two 4 win teams are above them in the rankings. I am seriously nervous and excited for our game with them this week. The no fly zone will have their work cut out. Oakland could have easily lost their game with Tampa but some blown coverage and poor tackling said otherwise. Cooper got me like all the fantasy points this week (like 30!) and Carr threw over 500 yards. That be crazy yo! Pretty sure I said it in the beginning of the year but this team was going to be serious business. So yea, be worried.

Seattle finally fell, but they are still in the top 10... How?!?!?! I am sorry but this team is a shell of what they used to be. They should be out of the top 10 next week.

11-15

PIT
    ARZ
    BUF
    HOU
    DET

Steelers were off this week.

Arizona lost to Carolina. Ewwww. 2 ugly teams playing an ugly game with ugly hits and ugly after game fashion. I'll get back to the fashion bit when we hit Carolina. Been saying it all year that this was a scarecrow team.

Buffalo, thanks for showing everyone that your win against the Pats* earlier this season was a fluke because Brady wasn't playing. Buffalo is pretty much good for nothing at this point. That division is wrapped up.

Houston won against a pretty good Detroit team, showing that Brocky-O is only good when he plays at home. They will win their division. Ugh who even cares at this point, we already beat Houston, talking about them now just seems pointless.

Theo Riddick proved to be a great pickup on fantasy. I still like Stafford and I still like this team, and I still like their chances in this division. I like things.

16-20

WAS
    NYG
    SD
    CIN
    LA

What does the number 458 and the word tie have in common? Well, that's the number of yards a QB threw just to tie a game. If you tie in the NFL as I said last week you should automatically drop like 10-15 spots... not 1! Redskins might regret that tie in a few weeks.

Big Blue had the week off.

Now we get to San Diego who after winning 3 games, has helped turn our division into the best division in football, on top of being a hell of a competitive team. No jokes or quips this week. Rivers took a beating and got up, the team played hard. It was hard fought game that was close... really close. Nothing but respect for this team this week!

New policy: If you tie I am not wasting my breath... or um... finger dexterity on giving you the time of day. That means you Bengals.

Pretty sure LA was on a bye this week, cause if they played I don't remember.

21-30

TEN
    MIA
    NO
    BAL
    TB
    CAR
    IND
    CHI
    NYJ
    JAX

Titans did some real work to the Jags...Oh, the Jags. I am not impressed Titans!

Miami on a bye as well? 6 teams this week were on byes I believe.

Saints are trying to keep things interesting in their division. They got me intrigued. Can they keep it up?

Baltimore was on bye.

Tampa... you can't ever help us out can you. That game was yours to win and you blew it. Go to your pirate ship and stand in the corner!

Cam was a little upset after that game was going to go tell on all the mean defenders who kept hitting him and the refs who weren't doing anything about it. Mind you, he did all that in this:

Sorry I am not taking anyone serious who wears... whatever that is. He has some hippy tyedye bow tie, a green pimp hat and a cotton candy colored suit. Where in the hell does he buy all this crap? His closet must look like a costume shop threw up in there. But now he is going to pay the commish a little visit to complain some more about the punishment he's been taking. Bring your green hat!

Luck got sacked 6 times and lived. That's what I call luck.

Da Bears were hungry. Seriously, that defense was intense last night. Cutler even played like a dude who could pass for a NFL quality QB. Great win against their strong division leaders.

The Jets beat the Browns... barely. You don't celebrate narrow victories against the Browns, you cry into your pillow until your next game. I didn't write the rule so don't get mad at me.

Talking about the Jags depresses me. I had stock in this team in the beginning of the season. I was right to dump them when I did.

31- SF was on a bye, and they needed it. Won't help but they still needed it.

32- Browns almost got their first win. But they did acquire a shiny new defender from NE*. Didn't see that coming. The Browns can feel that first win. I am going to end every week on that previous sentence aren't I? Ugh, oh well, hope everyone had a fun Halloween.

Another stellar, fantastic job Bates. I look forward to these every week. Really awesome.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Tony Romo couldn't get through a bowel movement without injuring himself. Cam is still concussed, just look at how the man dresses (STUPID hat).

The chiefs are complete liars, I mean Alex Smith looked like Sid from Ice Age

all the while they insisted that he was fine meaning the rest of the football world isn't at smart as they are, guess all their super bowl victories prove that.

Jay Cutler? Imagine Cutler reading a defense . That jerk couldn't read a high school defense Yet Minnesota's defense is supposedly is ranked higher than Denver's at times (lmao so called experts).

BO beat the mighty lions, luckily it wasn't in the rough tough jungles of Detroit.

Speaking of luck, the colts ought to do the guy a favor and trade him already because all they are doing is wasting his career.

Browns lost on Sunday but win on Monday due to the arrogance Belicheat.

Jags are still covered in baby puke.

Philis continues to whine about Derek Wolfe, imagine if Denver were trade for Sheldon Tichardson but anyway philis makes it very hard for me to give him any respect. Take it like a man.

Jets barely beat the browns yet every year they are projected to be a contender. How many quarterbacks have they gone through in the last 5 to 10 years? Are they not looking more and more like the Browns every season with a high turnover rate quarterback? Now I hear Tony-ouch-my-butt-hurts-Romo is heading there in exchange for Richardson and Marshal??? Does Dallas actually think they are that stupid? I guess so and they most likely would make that trade and I couldn't expect anything more from a team that hasn't saw a Super Bowl appearance since the days of Joe Namath way back in the pre-Adamic era...!

Welcome to the national football league's weekly rankings my friends.
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-01-2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Hey Bronco Country, It's Raider Week!!!!!!!!!

Come on! Where's the fire, the passion? Are we so caught up in being armchair fantasy GM's that we don't even care about this major game on Sunday?

I know the OL hasn't been great. I know some of u don't like this player or that player. I know u want rainbows and unicorns falling from the sky after every magical play. But let's put all that aside right now.

THIS IS RAIDER WEEK!!!!!!! And these Raiders aren't the pushovers they've been the past few years. Last year they came into our house and we had to watch Mack show up and put on a clicnic. And right now they are a 1/2 game in the lead over OUR division. And they're playing good football right now.

But this is a new year and it's not going down like that again. I want to see some Raider teeth kicked in at the end of this game.

We need to be loud and Orange all week long. Show em' who's still king of the AFCW!!!!!
        #swapping

Comment

This game has me very nervous. Oakland has been playing tough all season long. And Khalil Mack will make our O-line look like kindergarteners.

We need our D to play phenomenal (again) and we absolutely have, have, have to get our ground game running. It's already Tuesday so I doubt we'll get any help on the line or in the run game. So Kubiak better bust his tail.

It's going to be another slugfest. Yellow flags galore.

Comment

We're about to play our biggest historical rival in THEIR most important, biggest game since 2002.

14 years.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              We're about to play our biggest historical rival in THEIR most important, biggest game since 2002.

14 years.
              This is what makes me most nervous about it. The stakes. The stakes have not been this high in a Broncos Raiders game since 2002 like you said.

Normally it's embarrassing and sucks to lose to them but at least they still suck. Now if we lose they move into soul possession of first place with a leg up head to head. It's major important that we steal this game.

I can only imagine the terrifying media next week if they can say the west now belongs to Oakland. Vomit.
              sigpic

Comment

14 years.
                Exactly my point! And in their house! We need to bring it! We need our guys to know we have their backs think and thin! They see us here and on other social media outlets. They know we're the best fans in all of sports! So now that RAIDER WEEK finally means something again, let's get on the ball and do our part as best as we can!!!!!

Give them all the support we can! I wanna see us go smack em' in the mouf!!!!!!!!
                #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  Exactly my point! And in their house! We need to bring it! We need our guys to know we have their backs think and thin! They see us here and on other social media outlets. They know we're the best fans in all of sports! So now that RAIDER WEEK finally means something again, let's get on the ball and do our part as best as we can!!!!!

Give them all the support we can! I wanna see us go smack em' in the mouf!!!!!!!!
                  Exactly. The players were already talking about this game in their post game pressers after SD. They know the stakes too. No way Carr throws 500 yards, nor will they overcome 23 penalties. Huge game!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Exactly. The players were already talking about this game in their post game pressers after SD. They know the stakes too. No way Carr throws 500 yards, nor will they overcome 23 penalties. Huge game!!!!

Keys to beating the Broncos would be get up on them early because nobody believes that the Broncos offense can come back from a deficit. This is why our defense needs to be stout early and shut them down.

Comment

OTHER RANKINGS

CBS: 3 Broncos (last week 6) It must be nice to have that defense to not only defend but score like they did against the Chargers. They face that big one this week with Oakland.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

ESPN: 3. Denver Broncos

2016 record: 6-2
                      Week 8 ranking: 3 | Week 1 ranking: 8

It's possible the Broncos are still being underestimated, despite their 6-2 start. The defense has forced 16 turnovers (tied for most in the NFL) and allowed only 17 points per game. On top of that, the Broncos have thrown eight fewer interceptions than they did by this point last season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...denver-broncos

NBC: 3. Broncos (6-2; last week No. 6): They’re far from dominant, but they’re good enough to be in the right place at the right time to qualify for another Super Bowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-rankings-6/

FOX: 3 Denver Broncos (last week: 4)

Trevor Siemian looked worse on Sunday than he ever has, throwing a pick-six and making several mistakes in a win over San Diego. Denver is built upon running the ball and playing lights-out defense, but that will be difficult if Siemian turns the ball over. Still, their win over the surging Chargers was a good one, particularly for their momentum as they remained in a tie for first in the AFC West.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...cowboys-110116

Football Outsiders DVOA: Den 3 off-21 def-2 st-16
                      Last edited by L.M.; 11-01-2016, 06:57 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        Keys to beating the Broncos would be get up on them early because nobody believes that the Broncos offense can come back from a deficit. This is why our defense needs to be stout early and shut them down.
                        If we start out 12 out of the first 15 plays passing again it's not going to be pretty. Keep the defense off the field and grind the ball on the ground. When on D suffocate them and keep the ball in front of you.

I think these two things will result in Oakland beating themselves and the Broncos winning
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Just to your question about why KC is above Oakland. I think it's obvious. They simply look better. And they handled Oakland already, in Oakland. No way could someone rank Oakland above KC right now.

Comment

If we start out 12 out of the first 15 plays passing again it's not going to be pretty. Keep the defense off the field and grind the ball on the ground. When on D suffocate them and keep the ball in front of you.

I think these two things will result in Oakland beating themselves and the Broncos winning
                            Can't look it up right now, but anyone know the ranking of OAK's defense...run and pass?

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Can't look it up right now, but anyone know the ranking of OAK's defense...run and pass?
                              Overall their defense is 22nd in yards and 31st in points, not good...

But we've made even bad defenses look like the '85 Bears, so take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X