• Show
Clear All

• Talib Still Not Practicing. May Be Out For Sunday Night Game Vs Raiders

Mike Klis
    ‏@MikeKlis

Aqib Talib not practicing. Harris, Ward and Stewart are practicing
    James Palmer
    ‏@JamesPalmerTV

Aqib Talib (back) not here at practice. I'm told he might play Sunday. Right now most likely come down to a game time decision source says.

Raiders have the #4 Pass Offense w/ 285.1 Yrd/G. Derek Carr is averaging 290 Yrd/G passing and Amari Cooper is averaging 98 Yrd/G receiving.

Not having Talib for the Chargers game is one thing, but not having Talib for the Raiders game would be a big blow.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

I think we'll be fine at the CB position. Paradis possibly being out worries me.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      I think we'll be fine at the CB position. Paradis possibly being out worries me.
      I agree, Doss played very, very well. Not worried about us missing a step. We have great depth at corner. Sure I'd love to have Talib out there, but I'm not worried about if he's not.

Losing a linemen on the other hand...that's not good.
      sigpic

Comment

Did booker practice today without any issues?

Comment

I'm a little worried. I want our team at full strength to take down the Raiders. Roby will step up but Talib is faster to shadow Cooper and/or Crabtree.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I would bet Talib will play. This is a huge game and he'll want to be in the field.

Paradis hasn't practiced since Oct. 22 however played in the SD game. Hopefully he'll be a go.

Edit: Talib got a 2nd opinion on his back today. Kavon Webster was out with hamstring but was at working with a trainer.
            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-03-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
              Raiders have the #4 Pass Offense w/ 285.1 Yrd/G. Derek Carr is averaging 290 Yrd/G passing and Amari Cooper is averaging 98 Yrd/G receiving.

Not having Talib for the Chargers game is one thing, but not having Talib for the Raiders game would be a big blow.
              What?

285ypg vs 272
              7.2ypa vs 7.8
              17tds vs 15

Sure they're better..It's not like the Raiders are leaps and bounds better than the Chargers when it comes to the pass. Pretty comparable to be honest and Rivers is a better player just working with less weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                I'm a little worried. I want our team at full strength to take down the Raiders. Roby will step up but Talib is faster to shadow Cooper and/or Crabtree.
                Talib is not faster thanBradley Roby. I also am worried slightly about this but if one team can sort of afford to be down their top CBs it is the Denver Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                  Did booker practice today without any issues?
                  Yes he practiced...no issues reported.

Comment

Speaking of depth...check out Wade's presser and comments about Doss:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...6-4cf293edb0e3

Note the comment about Doss running Mark Sanchez out of Denver...

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      Yes he practiced...no issues reported.
                      Thanks bud

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        Thanks bud
                        Welcome :thumb:

I think Booker will have a breakout game

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          What?

285ypg vs 272
                          7.2ypa vs 7.8
                          17tds vs 15

Sure they're better..It's not like the Raiders are leaps and bounds better than the Chargers when it comes to the pass. Pretty comparable to be honest and Rivers is a better player just working with less weapons.
                          Just goes to show that a lot of people just pay attention to the hype that's brought out by the media. Not that the raiders don't have a good offense. They do. But because of the media, you'd never know that a team like the chargers are right there.

Comment

I just hope the "second opinion" soundbyte doesn't mean he is out for an extended time like C.J. It's not like I don't have faith in Webster or Doss, but Talib is a top 5 experienced corner. We'll need him down the stretch, but be smart with him.

Comment

His grittiness and physical play will be missed. Talib sets the tone of the game early. Dont discount how important he is to the teams success.

Comment

Working...
                              X