Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talib Still Not Practicing. May Be Out For Sunday Night Game Vs Raiders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This is bad, this is really bad. Keep in mind the raiders have no one, but TWO elite WRs who id say are both better than our team's. This is going to be a long night if talib doesn't play. The two raiders WRs have been near uncoverable

    Comment


    • #17
      San Diego's pass offense is far worse than Oakland's, according to the advanced metrics.

      Chargers' passing offense has been hovering around 13th-16th, while Oakland's has been steadily in the top 5, based on DVOA.

      If Talib doesn't play, it would be a massive blow to the Broncos.

      Comment


      • #18
        Nfl has SD ranked 6th in pass offense while raiders are 4th so no idea what you're talking about

        Comment


        • #19
          I agree with the majority that although Talib's attitude would be missed, I doubt the secondary will skip any beats.

          Injuries on the o-line however scare me. Khalil Mack is already a nightmare as is

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
            I agree with the majority that although Talib's attitude would be missed, I doubt the secondary will skip any beats.

            Injuries on the o-line however scare me. Khalil Mack is already a nightmare as is
            While our other CBs will most definitely step up, I do think not having Talib out there is not good for us. Our secondary is always better with him and we might skip a beat. Maybe not to the point where other teams would falter because of our depth but he's one of the best CBs in the league for a reason.

            Our Oline is most definitely a nightmare. I completely agree with you there.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

            Comment


            • #21
              James Palmer of the NFL Network reported Talib might play against the Raiders and will "most likely" be a game-time decision.

              Comment


              • #22
                Talib just ruled out of the Oakland game by the NFL
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

                Comment


                • #23
                  ^ Beat me to it. I also just heard this.

                  Is this more unnerving than you originally thought to anyone else here? Lingering back issues could be a bad sign for the reaminder of this season with Talib.

                  Does anybody know where the back injury occurred, like was there a specific incident?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
                    ^ Beat me to it. I also just heard this.

                    Is this more unnerving than you originally thought to anyone else here? Lingering back issues could be a bad sign for the reaminder of this season with Talib.

                    Does anybody know where the back injury occurred, like was there a specific incident?
                    The way kubiak described it it sounded like an off and on injury that he's been dealing with. It's possible that he's had it for some time now.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                      This is bad, this is really bad. Keep in mind the raiders have no one, but TWO elite WRs who id say are both better than our team's. This is going to be a long night if talib doesn't play. The two raiders WRs have been near uncoverable
                      Calm down, sheesh.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        Calm down, sheesh.
                        Right?

                        Derek Carr and Flacco are BOTH on par to break the NFL record attempts in a season with 703+. If Denver threw the ball this much (they're on pace for barely 500), Demaryius & Emmanuel Sanders would far eclipse Crabtree & Cooper if they were seeing this many targets. Derek Carr IMO is the league's next gun slinger. His guys will rack up the targets, win-or-lose. Raiders WRs are good but kind of smoke in mirrors IMO.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                          This is bad, this is really bad. Keep in mind the raiders have no one, but TWO elite WRs who id say are both better than our team's. This is going to be a long night if talib doesn't play. The two raiders WRs have been near uncoverable
                          A little dramatic wouldn't you say? As much as I want Talib to play, it's not the end of the world. Roby, Doss and Webster will step up. We play press a lot so I'm hoping their WRs won't get open as much. Our guys cover which gives Von and Ware time to sack or pressure the QB.

                          There's no freaking way Carr throws for 500 yards against us. In the 2 games we've lost, we've held those high flying offenses to lower scores.

                          And their WRs aren't better than ours, they just happen to have a better QB throwing to them right now.
                          Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-04-2016, 11:34 AM.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            aqib talib - back - not playing sunday

                            Well that settles it
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              It would be a good time to establish the running game and keep Carr and company on the bench. Got lots of confidence in our secondary depth, also our pass rush. It'll be a nail biter...
                              [sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                                It would be a good time to establish the running game and keep Carr and company on the bench. Got lots of confidence in our secondary depth, also our pass rush. It'll be a nail biter...
                                Roby proved he can hold his own and Doss was a pleasant surprise too. I would not mind if we took the "Demarcus Ware approach" with Talib so he can let that back recover.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X