• Show
Clear All

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    This one might be ugly.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    The frequent flyer zone until he gets back.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    This game can definitely get out of hand quickly. It will be imperative for the Broncos to sustain drives and win time of possession.

However with the two headed rushing attack that the saints have coupled with our injuries I am havung a rough time seeing where we have an advantage.

Maybe the loss to the raiders will fire them up and they can put one together before the bye.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    They've got a deep roster at WR....Gonna be a tough week depending on which Roby shows up.
    Well they ran for over 200 yards yesterday so they'll probably just do that. Blahhhhh

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Ugh, he's not playing against NO. Just saw it on the website.
    They've got a deep roster at WR....Gonna be a tough week depending on which Roby shows up.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Talib Out Until After Bye

Ugh, he's not playing against NO. Just saw it on the website.

Leave a comment:

• HarlemHeat
    replied
    The Broncos are #1 in the NFL in EXP(expected points contributed by the defense) and it isn't even close(only Arizona is in the same universe).

Talib leads the team in INTs and pass deflections and has a pick-6, as well. He's the best playmaker in the secondary, arguably in the entire league(this season, at least). The Broncos rely heavily on turnovers and explosive plays from their defense. When you remove that, they become a mediocre team that relies on a poor offense.

Leave a comment:

• Montoya
    replied
    We need Talib back like NOW. Roby got beat pretty bad last night.

Leave a comment:

• HarlemHeat
    replied
    As I said earlier in the thread, Oakland's offense is better than San Diego's, and losing Talib would be a huge blow vs. their receiving weapons. Not only that, but he's the anchor/leader of the secondary and the 2nd best playmaker on the team.

They will be in a ton of trouble vs. the Saints without him, too.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I hope we can all appreciate Talib a little more after tonight's game and that we stop the silly "let Talib walk" during the offseason.
    Exactly. Not sure why folks are so eager to get rid of him. He's a top 3 CB for a reason. He's damn good and not easily replaced as we all saw last night. Our secondary works best with all the moving parts, not as separate entities.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    I hope we can all appreciate Talib a little more after tonight's game and that we stop the silly "let Talib walk" during the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• aditheman
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    By "we were really bad getting pressure on them last season." do you mean that we should have put up double digit sacks on them? Orrrrr are your expectations for this defense really that high? 3 sacks in one game and 4 in the other doesn't seem like being bad at getting pressure. But, maybe I don't have as high of standards as you...
    So, how did my prediction turn out. As I said, we're trash against their OL. They schooled us tonight. Care to revise your opinion?

Leave a comment:

• ChupaThingy
    replied
    Its not like we're going to be completely shattered in the secondary without Talib. According to PFF, we have two of the top three CBs in the entire NFL on our roster this season. Now we're down to one, and a pretty good third moving up to second. Most teams would kill to have 1 good CB, and would probably be crushed if that #1 went down like Talib has. If the Raiders were crazy they'd spend a ton of time in three and four wide trying to beat Doss and Nixon. That would put them in a bad situation against our pass rush, and make it harder for them to run and block Von, Ware, Shaq, and Ray off the edges. I expect them to play a mix of two or three wide, with a TE or two to help chip our rushers.

If they were smart, they'd play to our weakness, running the ball. Currently we're 23rd in the league against the run. Or pass it to either RBs out of the backfield or TEs. Even without Talib, going against Roby, CHJ, Ward, and Stew is suicide for the opposing offense.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Harris and Talib have both said recently they they play left and right, and don't necessarily switch off.
    Ah, OK, Talib missed the SD game so I would assume that they will follow the same routine as they did last week. I have watched bits and pieces of that replay but almost exclusively Offensive plays. And they were so offensive that I stopped watching.

Leave a comment:

• Yoshi09
    replied
    I'm more concerned about possible blown coverages. Whenever you add a new DB to a cohesive unit they're susceptible to blowing a play or two. As long as we don't give up the "big play" we should be fine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X