QB Mike Vick Picks Top Three QBs in the NFL Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Mike Vick Picks Top Three QBs in the NFL Now

Mike Vick was on NFL's Total Access on Friday and the host asked him who did he think were the top three QBs in the league right now. He answered Tom Brady, Drew Brees pretty quickly then he mentions Ben, Dak but then he said "this is going to surprise you. Trevor Siemian". He said because he has been so consistent and that is what you want in a QB. He also added, no one expected Trevor to be doing such a great job and the fact he stepped in after the great Peyton Manning.

I've always admired Vick's throwing mechanics, his tight spirals and quick releases, some describe it like he is just throwing darts. That being said, I wonder if he also notices Trevor's mechanics? Many have commented on Trevor's quick release and I would add his accuracy even with the O-Line not being the best.

I think it is a high compliment when another talented QB recognizes our QB as one of the top three in the NFL right now. I would expect most would not agree, but still I think Trevor would appreciate hearing this, especially after this week when the team chose him to be one of the team captains to Trevor's surprise.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Whats more important, is that it shows that the team responds to him. Trevor will have to focus going into the "Black Hole". It will be unlike any atmosphere he has ever played in.

That's what football is all about! games like this one. I bet the players look forward to going into Oakland. It will get there Adrenalin pumping.
    sigpic

Comment

Neat.

He's wrong, but neat.

Comment

LOL

Even Siemian had to be like:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
          Mike Vick was on NFL's Total Access on Friday and the host asked him who did he think were the top three QBs in the league right now. He answered Tom Brady, Drew Brees pretty quickly then he mentions Ben, Dak but then he said "this is going to surprise you. Trevor Siemian". He said because he has been so consistent and that is what you want in a QB. He also added, no one expected Trevor to be doing such a great job and the fact he stepped in after the great Peyton Manning.

I've always admired Vick's throwing mechanics, his tight spirals and quick releases, some describe it like he is just throwing darts. That being said, I wonder if he also notices Trevor's mechanics? Many have commented on Trevor's quick release and I would add his accuracy even with the O-Line not being the best.

I think it is a high compliment when another talented QB recognizes our QB as one of the top three in the NFL right now. I would expect most would not agree, but still I think Trevor would appreciate hearing this, especially after this week when the team chose him to be one of the team captains to Trevor's surprise.
          It's funny when people outside the team can see something fans within the team cannot...On gameday we've got people screaming for Paxton Lynch...

Now I don't agree he's top 3...that's crazy talk... but he's a lot better than people around here give him credit for.
          sigpic

Comment

He's...top 25 in the NFL? The most important thing to know is he's not Osweiler
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Unfortunately.....I think Derek Carr is top three. But, no worries, the No Fly Zone will drop him in the rankings rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                It's funny when people outside the team can see something fans within the team cannot...On gameday we've got people screaming for Paxton Lynch...

Now I don't agree he's top 3...that's crazy talk... but he's a lot better than people around here give him credit for.
                Totally agree. It's become so self hating around here the past few seasons.
                #swapping

Comment

I don't know why some fans can't embrace him, his teammates and coaches have. Being named captain is no small thing and definitely shows he is more than a bridge QB. Throwing out the injured game vs SD, I think his body of work for a guy just in his first 7 starts has been outstanding. He is good enough now, given another offseason, I think he can grow into top 10 type guy, maybe top 5. Tools and brain are there, just needs more starts.

I know comparisons are not really all that great of an indicator, but Brady in his 2nd year and 1st 7 games was about 1400 yards 10 TDs and 4 INTs; TS 1487 8 Tds and 4 INTs. Pretty sure no one was anticipating what Tom would do with his career back then, sometimes you just hit on someone completely unexpected. I think TS has a bright future.
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                    I don't know why some fans can't embrace him, his teammates and coaches have. Being named captain is no small thing and definitely shows he is more than a bridge QB. Throwing out the injured game vs SD, I think his body of work for a guy just in his first 7 starts has been outstanding. He is good enough now, given another offseason, I think he can grow into top 10 type guy, maybe top 5. Tools and brain are there, just needs more starts.

I know comparisons are not really all that great of an indicator, but Brady in his 2nd year and 1st 7 games was about 1400 yards 10 TDs and 4 INTs; TS 1487 8 Tds and 4 INTs. Pretty sure no one was anticipating what Tom would do with his career back then, sometimes you just hit on someone completely unexpected. I think TS has a bright future.
                    The problem is, fans become fans of players and put the player above the team...I don't care which QB starts, I want the one that's going to be best for the team. My belief is rather firmly that this is Trevor currently and I honestly think by the end of the season we'll all be pretty clear on that.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think if TS was a true rookie, fans would be super hyped up on him; but somehow, the expectations for him seem to hover around a 3-4 year pro...like he should be performing like Carr is with 40 starts under his belt. We will see where all this ends up at the end of the year, but so far 6-1 as a starter regardless of the numbers is a good job.
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

The problem is, fans become fans of players and put the player above the team...I don't care which QB starts, I want the one that's going to be best for the team. My belief is rather firmly that this is Trevor currently and I honestly think by the end of the season we'll all be pretty clear on that.
                        I think we've become spoiled a bit, after watching 2 hall of fame QBs play for this team 20 of the last 33 years, the expectations for QB play is through the roof. Watching an inexperienced QB play like an inexperienced QB is foreign to a lot of fans.

Comparing to some of the other first year starters for the Broncos, Siemian is playing at a similar level. Just looking at stats:

Siemian 1487 yards, 62% Comp, 8 TD, 4 INT

Cutler (first 7 games in '07) 1600 yards, 62% Comp, 8 TD, 8 INT.
                        Osweiler, (7 starts last year) 1821 yards, 62% Comp, 9 TD, 5 INT
                        Tebow (first 7 starts '10 and '11), 1256 yards, 47% Comp, 11 TD, 4 INT

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                          I think if TS was a true rookie, fans would be super hyped up on him; but somehow, the expectations for him seem to hover around a 3-4 year pro...like he should be performing like Carr is with 40 starts under his belt. We will see where all this ends up at the end of the year, but so far 6-1 as a starter regardless of the numbers is a good job.
                          And just for fun, Derek Carr's (the guys everybody is worried about right now) first 7 starts back in 2014:
                          1517 yards, 61% Comp, 9 TD, 5 INT (the Raiders went 0-7 during that span)

Comment

His deep ball accuracy sure seems better than Lynch and Oswieler. For all we know Trevor and Kubes may be the next Brady and Bellicheat...without the cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              Totally agree. It's become so self hating around here the past few seasons.
                              And you're either a self hater/negative or a self lover/blind optimism. It's a shame there is no area in between for fans to reside.

Comment

Working...
                              X