Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Mike Vick Picks Top Three QBs in the NFL Now

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    And just for fun, Derek Carr's (the guys everybody is worried about right now) first 7 starts back in 2014:
    1517 yards, 61% Comp, 9 TD, 5 INT (the Raiders went 0-7 during that span)
    Broncos-R-Great you're making an interesting point with these comparisons. With more data, it would be interesting to see who he compares to and to see QBs that were bad to see if those numbers indicate anything on the negative direction.

    It seems to make sense that his numbers look so good because Kubes and Elway probably know that the first year is so crucial to developing confidently and thus looking more like a leader. He seems to get a few opportunities to open it up in the last couple of games which he seems to be handling pretty well as far as timing and accuracy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

    Comment


    • #17
      I have no clue why Vick would say this. Trevor is ranked near the bottom of the league in most categories. He hasn't been awful, but he hasn't set the world on fire, either. Our offense is also near the bottom. I give the lion's share of the blame to the O-line, but let's not pretend Siemian has been anything special.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by flosstein View Post
        Totally agree. It's become so self hating around here the past few seasons.
        Haters gonna Hate...Potatoes gonna Potate...
        [sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
          Haters gonna Hate...Potatoes gonna Potate...
          What about the skaters?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
            What about the skaters?
            They be skatin'
            [sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              It's funny when people outside the team can see something fans within the team cannot...On gameday we've got people screaming for Paxton Lynch...

              Now I don't agree he's top 3...that's crazy talk... but he's a lot better than people around here give him credit for.
              I would like to see what he can do with an online and a ground game. Plus I've been a critic but he only has 7 starts in his career.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                I guess given the stats now Trevor being called a top 3 QB sounds very strange, but in context with his upside, football IQ, and talent, it's easy to see how he can become a top 3 QB.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

                Comment


                • #23
                  hopefully his ice-cold demeanor will help him in what is likely to be a rowdy atmosphere in Oakland.
                  2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                    Broncos-R-Great you're making an interesting point with these comparisons. With more data, it would be interesting to see who he compares to and to see QBs that were bad to see if those numbers indicate anything on the negative direction.

                    It seems to make sense that his numbers look so good because Kubes and Elway probably know that the first year is so crucial to developing confidently and thus looking more like a leader. He seems to get a few opportunities to open it up in the last couple of games which he seems to be handling pretty well as far as timing and accuracy.
                    Here you go, over the last 5 years here's all the first year QBs I could think of first 7 starts:

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                      And you're either a self hater/negative or a self lover/blind optimism. It's a shame there is no area in between for fans to reside.
                      I know. It's gotten so weird with the factions lately.
                      #swapping

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                        His deep ball accuracy sure seems better than Lynch and Oswieler. For all we know Trevor and Kubes may be the next Brady and Bellicheat...without the cheat.
                        lol, dying now

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Whew boy, I missed this thread yesterday. Glad it was here this morning for a good laugh.

                          TS is a good QB in the fact that he doesn't throw picks, but he also doesn't throw TDs or for first downs either..
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            Whew boy, I missed this thread yesterday. Glad it was here this morning for a good laugh.

                            TS is a good QB in the fact that he doesn't throw picks, but he also doesn't throw TDs or for first downs either..
                            With Oakland's O-line, and Receiver play, Siemian would've been more than capable of tossing for a few touchdowns. Our drops, protection, and lack of ability to open holes for our rushers does not fall on Trevor.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Whew boy, I missed this thread yesterday. Glad it was here this morning for a good laugh.

                              TS is a good QB in the fact that he doesn't throw picks, but he also doesn't throw TDs or for first downs either..
                              TS put the ball on their hands but it seemed like the WRs/TEs had stone hands or the ball was bobbled and called no catch.

                              Maybe the real issue is allowing 220+ yards rushing? Or maybe the play calling Booker to try to run through the middle when the holes are never getting opened?
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                                With Oakland's O-line, and Receiver play, Siemian would've been more than capable of tossing for a few touchdowns. Our drops, protection, and lack of ability to open holes for our rushers does not fall on Trevor.
                                Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                                TS put the ball on their hands but it seemed like the WRs/TEs had stone hands or the ball was bobbled and called no catch.

                                Maybe the real issue is allowing 220+ yards rushing? Or maybe the play calling Booker to try to run through the middle when the holes are never getting opened?
                                I don't disagree with either one of you. A lot falls on the people around him for sure. I can also say that hes tough and really hangs in there.

                                But he had his share of "uh-ohs" yesterday as well. I think its absurd that theres a notion that he's an elite qb, in anyones mind. As usual I'd love to be wrong. Could you imagine an elite QB at the beginning of his career that costs you nothing?

                                Sadly we might not know because the line might get him killed by then.
                                sigpic

                                Hooray, beer!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X