No announcement yet.

Schedule/Competition Level Gives Us Playoff Hopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thanks. If we are not making the playoffs I want a top 8 draft pick. I'd much rather be able to watch a week or two of the playoffs without being sad first. Lol

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I seriously get baffled when fans say they would rather we lose for a better draft pick....

I only want our team to win, but that's just my :2cents:

Regardless, let's win, get into the playoffs, and make the Mile High Magic happen. Even a good playoff run would help draw one or two FA??
      sigpic
      The Bronco fan pledge;
      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
        That thought has crossed my mind... if we are aren't going to make it or win a SB it's better in the long run to get a higher pick, even though it makes the last 6 weeks painful
        Not a bad idea.

Final 6 games are brutal.

Oak, NE, KC home and Ten, KC, Jax on the road.

With this offense, none are a gimmie.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
          Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I seriously get baffled when fans say they would rather we lose for a better draft pick....

Regardless, let's win, get into the playoffs, and make the Mile High Magic happen. Even a good playoff run would help draw one or two FA??
          Agree. Especially when the Broncos are 7-3 with a chance to win the AFC West. Talib should return vs. Chiefs and possibly Wolfe. Even small improvement by the offense make the Broncos a dangerous team.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post

I am not gonna lie, in some sports situations, I opted for my team losing in a bid for a better draft possibility. In fact, I may be wrong, but I sense a change of overall opinion about that rationale, seemingly in the last 5-10 years. Again, I maybe wrong, and my feelings are limited to certain situations.

For one, this is far, far, far too early to be wanting a better pick. We are in the thick of the race, and I have not even considered us being out of anything yet.

In the bigger picture, I am inclined to want a better pick in a sport like hockey or maybe baseball or basketball (where the seasons are much longer). If my team is way out of the picture, and it still puts out a decent product near the end of the season by playing future hopefuls, who energize the games rather than vets who may be hurting, I am pretty much ok with it. I'll expand in terms of the NHL effect. It has become a fairly common factor that high draft picks can alter a team's future. Take Chicago, who were down and out, but then landed Toews and Kane and others, and then became a powerhouse. Same was the situation in Pittsburgh, where a struggling team ended up with Crosby and Malkin and others, and have been solid every since. So in that sense, my local team kept playing average, and average gives you average draft picks. And you do not catch up when mediocre is your calling card.

This all with the provision that your leaders know how to draft and develop.

But back to the basics, I want my teams to win every game. Only when the writing is all over the wall (that we're out of it), and if young players can benefit, older players can heal, and fans get a good show, do I accept the value that a better draft pick can provide.

Hope that makes sense. And sure, maybe I am still excited that we landed a Von Miller when we were not playing so well. Sad to say, those teams like Cleveland and Oakland have squandered so many opportunities thru the draft....again proving that high draft picks are only as good as the leadership/coaching around them.
            Last edited by CanDB; 11-20-2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks kindly to Tampa! Maybe we can get some luv from Houston. That would be something if we are all tied again after this week. Not a biggie. We take it to KC at home next week, and we march forward. Today worked out nicely for us!

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Not a bad idea.

Final 6 games are brutal.

Oak, NE, KC home and Ten, KC, Jax on the road.

With this offense, none are a gimmie.
                I honestly think our team works 50% better with CJ and Janovich. And we know our defense needs Wolfe and Talib. 3 out of those 4 coming back healthy makes our team actual contenders for the Superbowl in my opinion. I think after the bye we're going to be amazed how much of a difference we look. Think of his this team looked after a 10 day break for the Texans.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  I honestly think our team works 50% better with CJ and Janovich. And we know our defense needs Wolfe and Talib. 3 out of those 4 coming back healthy makes our team actual contenders for the Superbowl in my opinion. I think after the bye we're going to be amazed how much of a difference we look. Think of his this team looked after a 10 day break for the Texans.
                  Troy Renck reported that CJ is ahead of schedule for recovery and could return foe the last two regular season games. Who knows if he is really ahead of schedule.

Comment

Miami had a big win and is making a push for that last wildcard spot.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      We beat the Patriots* and Miami beats them - Miami has a chance to win the AFC East.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                        If Denvers offense doesn't get it together we just may miss the playoffs and be watching Miami play instead of us.

I guess maybe at that point Elway will get serious about the offensive line and the offense of line coaching position.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          If Denvers offense doesn't get it together we just may miss the playoffs and be watching Miami play instead of us.

I guess maybe at that point Elway will get serious about the offensive line and the offense of line coaching position.
                          You say that like we are the only team with flaws. You can say the same exact thing you said about us and insert the Chiefs in there as well. If the raiders lose tonight, you could put them in that sentence too. It's going to be a battle for the last two wild card spots and the division and if each of those teams don't fix some issues they could be that team losing out on the wild card.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                            You say that like we are the only team with flaws. You can say the same exact thing you said about us and insert the Chiefs in there as well. If the raiders lose tonight, you could put them in that sentence too. It's going to be a battle for the last two wild card spots and the division and if each of those teams don't fix some issues they could be that team losing out on the wild card.
                            Of course you can say that about any of those teams but I'm not concerned about those teams in that way since I'm a bronco fan I don't care about the issues of those other teams have.

Now as a bronco fan I'm more concerned as to whether it is the Broncos offense of line are going to get it together or not because at this point it's not looking good.

I hope I'm wrong and the bye week proves to be extremely helpful for them but in reality if they end up falling out of the playoffs, then hope that John Elway take some kind of action and does it promptly.

I'm not calling for Gary Kubiak or Rick Dennisons head however I am thinking it's time to let go of Clancy Baronne because we already went out and drafted and signed some free agent offensive of line men and they're still under performing so the next move is to reevaluate the offensive line Coach.

Comment

Working...
                            X