An embarrassing loss at New Orleans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An embarrassing loss at New Orleans?

I understand we're 6-3 but trending downward IMO. If this team goes out and lays a complete egg against the worst defense in the league what changes could be made following the bye?

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
    I understand we're 6-3 but trending downward IMO. If this team goes out and lays a complete egg against the worst defense in the league what changes could be made following the bye?
    Just better execution and better game planning / play calling. They need to get their talent working for them and not getting in each others way and working as a single unit again. The offense has become way too one dimensional. There's no reason a near-rookie 7th round pick QB should have to throw the ball 36 times vs 12 runs in a Kubiak/WestCoast Offense system that relies specifically on the run. If your Oline is that inept, then you need to get them to get cohesive and fast. Spend every waking hour with these guys, maybe bring in a new Oline coach? Start experimenting using more TE's for protection as well. But you can't allow this type of unbalanced offense to continue.

I think they just need to get back to the fundamentals, and get everyone back down to earth and focusing on each one doing their job. If everyone on this team does their job like we know they can, we'll win every game we need to win.
    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

Comment

I fully expect a loss. The defense is going to be without Talib and Wolfe, they will have a tough time stopping the Saints, especially with their newfound running game.

The offense isn't going to be winning any shootouts, of course.

Comment

I think the lack of a playmakimg TE is a bigger issue than some believe. Aside from DT and ES there isn't really a threat on offense.

Comment

Brees in the super dome is gonna be tough

Comment

We better beat the Saints if we lose I think we miss the playoffs because out of our remaining games this is one of the easier teams we will face because KC is for real and the Patriots look unstoppable let's just cross fingers and hope our Broncos show up and play good

Comment

Originally posted by darklord View Post
              We better beat the Saints if we lose I think we miss the playoffs because out of our remaining games this is one of the easier teams we will face because KC is for real and the Patriots look unstoppable let's just cross fingers and hope our Broncos show up and play good
              Broncos' should battle for the playoffs, even with this expected loss. The bottom of the AFC playoff chase is pretty weak, with teams that are even more flawed than Denver. Assuming that NE, Oakland, the AFC South winner, KC and Pittsburgh(bad division) are locks, that leaves Denver, San Diego and a bunch of mediocre to below average teams(Cin, Bal, Buf, Mia) fighting for the final spot.

The Broncos will flirt with 9-7 and compete with San Diego for the 6 seed IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Omarvasquez View Post
                Brees in the super dome is gonna be tough
                It's not brees. Hightower and Ingram I'm worried about.

Comment

Wolfe and talib out Marshall still hurt and any word on wade Phillips? The offense has to step up ina big way in the execution department in order for us to win that game.

Comment

I agree that if we lose that it'll be a trend downward. But I hardly call losing one game in our last three as trending downward. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                      I agree that if we lose that it'll be a trend downward. But I hardly call losing one game in our last three as trending downward. Lol
                      I say that based on the eye test. They're not a good 6-3, you and I both know it.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                        I say that based on the eye test. They're not a good 6-3, you and I both know it.
                        The pundits said the same thing about DEan last season when the playoffs began.... we weren't a good 11-5 team, a good 2 seed.

This is our team. With mediocre QB play, we win ugly. Not saying this means we can make the playoffs this season.... but we may find ways to crawl into 11 wins again.... we could bomb and go 9-7.... all depends on chance and circumstance. Every game we play is close, for the most part.

Comment

I don't think something that's a real possibility of happening can be embarrassing.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The answer lies with Miller and company. Limit Brees, make a few turnovers, and we can win. No time to give up. Sometimes limping away with an ugly win (if that's what it takes) is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              I don't think something that's a real possibility of happening can be embarrassing.
                              By embarrassing I meant a blowout, then again you may be right...it's quite possible

Comment

Working...
                              X