An embarrassing loss at New Orleans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Terrible/not good....potato patato....You don't get to 6-3 by blind luck.....I watch football to enjoy it, not make myself miserable lamenting on my teams flaws non-stop...

This is a good team. Is it struggling in areas? Sure, but we are a good team and we will get better the further into the year we get. This season is far from over.
    We are not a good team right now. And yes you do get to 6-3 with blind luck. Ask the 2009 and the 2015 Broncos.

I don't know in what realm the Broncos are a good team. We have a good back end of a defense in the defensive backs, good/great rotation at pass rusher (which doesnt matter because its getting neutralized nearly every game because they cant stop the run), a good rotation in WRs, but beyond that this is a dead in the water team. No QB, no blocking, no RB, no TOP, no moving the chains...

This team will likely finish 9-7 as it currently stands. 8-8 appears more likely to me.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      We are not a good team right now. And yes you do get to 6-3 with blind luck. Ask the 2009 and the 2015 Broncos.

I don't know in what realm the Broncos are a good team. We have a good back end of a defense in the defensive backs, good/great rotation at pass rusher (which doesnt matter because its getting neutralized nearly every game because they cant stop the run), a good rotation in WRs, but beyond that this is a dead in the water team. No QB, no blocking, no RB, no TOP, no moving the chains...

This team will likely finish 9-7 as it currently stands. 8-8 appears more likely to me.
      You beat me to it. 9-7 seems pretty realistic. I've loved this team for 28 years so yea it's frustrating to see such vanilla gameplanning and poor execution. I won't however pretend that we're a contender as of now based on a 6-3 record. This team is 6-3 on luck. A missed Gano FG, 2 goal line stands against SD when the offense couldn't move the ball, even the Indy game was in doubt until a late defensive touchdown. That 6-3 could very easily be 4-5.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
        You beat me to it. 9-7 seems pretty realistic. I've loved this team for 28 years so yea it's frustrating to see such vanilla gameplanning and poor execution. I won't however pretend that we're a contender as of now based on a 6-3 record. This team is 6-3 on luck. A missed Gano FG, 2 goal line stands against SD when the offense couldn't move the ball, even the Indy game was in doubt until a late defensive touchdown. That 6-3 could very easily be 4-5.
        We tried to lose that SD games at least 6 times. Everything went wrong and SD even missed a FG. The Chargers (by my count) dropped 5 INTs, two of them that likely would have been walk-in scores.

A team drops 5 INTs and misses a 45 yarder at Mile High? Both of your big time INTs came off tipped balls? I mean, you can call this preparation if you want, but that's the ball bouncing your way. Luck isn't something to be afraid of, and if you can play aggressive enough and execute you can even make some of your own.

But, I agree on the whole, and I've been saying it all year minus one game. This team is LUCKY to be 6-3. How many times can you lose a game but still win it in two years?
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

We tried to lose that SD games at least 6 times. Everything went wrong and SD even missed a FG. The Chargers (by my count) dropped 5 INTs, two of them that likely would have been walk-in scores.

A team drops 5 INTs and misses a 45 yarder at Mile High? Both of your big time INTs came off tipped balls? I mean, you can call this preparation if you want, but that's the ball bouncing your way. Luck isn't something to be afraid of, and if you can play aggressive enough and execute you can even make some of your own.

But, I agree on the whole, and I've been saying it all year minus one game. This team is LUCKY to be 6-3. How many times can you lose a game but still win it in two years?
          We were lucky to win games all year last year....Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but we are 6-3...We may have lucked our way into a superbowl win, but we were still superbowl winners. I choose to stay positive and believe this team is capable of being a playoff team.

We'll all have to agree to disagree because I refuse to give up hope.
          sigpic

Comment

I do agree that we get lucky but talent and preparation is the precursor to luck.... and we seem to have the uncanny knack to make things happen at opportune times.

Bottom line: if we win both division games at home, win in JAX.... we get to 9 wins. So, can we win 1 game on the road (NO, KC, TEN)? If so, we get to 10 wins and will be a WC team. If we win another game, and get to 11, chances are we win dIV and might even Get a BYE.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              I do agree that we get lucky but talent and preparation is the precursor to luck.... and we seem to have the uncanny knack to make things happen at opportune times.

Bottom line: if we win both division games at home, win in JAX.... we get to 9 wins. So, can we win 1 game on the road (NO, KC, TEN)? If so, we get to 10 wins and will be a WC team. If we win another game, and get to 11, chances are we win dIV and might even Get a BYE.
              Gotta win the rest of the division games. Gotta have it.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Gotta win the rest of the division games. Gotta have it.
                For sure, if we want to win the dIV. OAK plays Luck and 3 road DIV games in DEC.... I smell 2-3 Ls.

Comment

Saints beat Seahawks ..they are gonna put 34+ on us. It'll b a long day for Roby

Comment

Originally posted by River Side View Post
                    Saints beat Seahawks ..they are gonna put 34+ on us. It'll b a long day for Roby
                    And the Bucs beat the Falcons yet we beat the bucs and lost to the Falcons....Some teams match up well against others...It doesn't mean that because they beat one team they will beat another.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      And the Bucs beat the Falcons yet we beat the bucs and lost to the Falcons....Some teams match up well against others...It doesn't mean that because they beat one team they will beat another.
                      The stars lined up for Oakland Sunday night, we did our part by playing like poop. If it happens against KC we pretty much punched our ticket for home couch throughout the playoffs. I remain positive, the injuries though...
                      [sigpic

Comment

I'm all for being positive, I really am. However, I don't think someone calling it like they see it is worthy of being labeled a negative nancy or whatever else.

I see the Broncos as being a average football team right now. I mean, the Browns are bad, and New England is great, and we are average.

It's not like we are going to win the super bowl every year. I don't think there's anything wrong saying it's not our year, it doesn't make you less of a fan, just realistic imo.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think we were going to win the super bowl last year, but two totally different teams with the losses of Malik, Danny, and Manning.

Manning's wasn't great last year, but his presence and leadership isn't something easily replaced or reproduced.

I'm not sitting here dogging the team. I just think there are holes that need filled, and we can't fill them this year, I am confident Elway will fill them, though.

That's why I'm ok with at some point just playing Paxton, because I fully believe Elway drafted him to be the future QB. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

And no other team EVER wins a game where the other team failed to execute? Teams win/lose all the team based on things that didn't happen in a game. It's easy to cherry pick, but at the same time people never look at the opposite side of being 1 block away from a long touchdown run or things their team was close to hitting on. We could make the same argument about the first San Diego game about the Broncos being this or that from winning. But at the end of the day it didn't happen, and there's no asterisk in the win column for games where if the other team had made plays they could have won.

Comment

Originally posted by River Side View Post

And the Seahawks beat the Bills who beat the Patriots, so obviously the Seahawks will have no trouble in New England this weekend right?

Trying to play the who beat who game in the NFL doesn't work, teams play to different levels from week to week and as Freyaka said, styles make fights.

Comment

Let's not forget the Saints already have the Broncos playbook after signing TE John Phillips for him to spill the beans. They will know the snap count, progressions, etc.
                              sigpic

Comment

The team going to NO this week is not a good one. The offence has zero confidence and the defense is beat up. It would be wise to expect a poor performance.

Whether this can be a good team going forward is another question. I tend to think the current QB + OL issues are too much to overcome on offense. However, the defense has shown the ability to put away games. Perhaps the extra time afforded by the bye week will help the team get healthy and provide an opportunity to make some good adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                                X