An embarrassing loss at New Orleans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure. When I watch a play, afterward I try and figure out what happened. Sometimes it takes more than one or two looks. Same with a game. Don't know until it's over. It's all about matchups. Football players can get better, worse or stay the same. Football teams are the same way. If you think you're going to lose, why get off the bus? Play to win.
    Exactly. That's why it's a good thing, mentally, why many of those on these boards aren't the ones playing lol. If you're just looking at an attitude and not talent of course.

Comment

We walk away with the W tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dan View Post
        We walk away with the W tomorrow.
        The biggest W in the world is in Gunnison, .... Colorado.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

As Talib says, "No...no...no..."

Comment

Embarrassing loss for the Saints

Comment

That's why they play the games.

Comment

Much needed win, made the big plays when they needed to. Hope they fix some of the lingering issues with the offense during the bye but 7-3 feels much better than 6-4.

Comment

I can say I was wrong in this thread. I said I didn't see how we cold pull out a win today but we did.

Team played well especially the defense...and special teams were actually special for once
                  :go:

Comment

Thread cleaned.

The purpose of a MB is to discuss. No need for some of the comments.
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                      I can say I was wrong in this thread. I said I didn't see how we cold pull out a win today but we did.

Team played well especially the defense...and special teams were actually special for once
                      Anyone who ever says "I don't see how we could win" in the NFL, doesn't understand the NFL. Well, besides maybe a browns fan

Comment

Is it just me or does Denver's defense just find the most ridiculous way to end games?

NO fans are pretty mad/salty today, and I can't blame them. The way they lost was questionable. I do think he was out of bounds, and I hate to see a win for us come like that. Maybe it was the refs tossing us a bone for a change instead of hurling flags at us all game. I don't think the Saints got a complete raw deal, as even if he was out, I think Denver would have scored regardless on their final drive.

Still, tough loss for the Saints.

Also, to any Saints fan mad that we pushed down the long snappers head to where they thought it should have been flagged, they will be extra salty to hear that it was 100% legal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ewinning-block
                        Bates
                        Playmaker
                        Last edited by Bates; 11-14-2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                          Is it just me or does Denver's defense just find the most ridiculous way to end games?

NO fans are pretty mad/salty today, and I can't blame them. The way they lost was questionable. I do think he was out of bounds, and I hate to see a win for us come like that. Maybe it was the refs tossing us a bone for a change instead of hurling flags at us all game. I don't think the Saints got a complete raw deal, as even if he was out, I think Denver would have scored regardless on their final drive.

Still, tough loss for the Saints.

Also, to any Saints fan mad that we pushed down the long snappers head to where they thought it should have been flagged, they will be extra salty to hear that it was 100% legal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ewinning-block
                          Were there any other video clips that showed Parks stepped out of bounds? The highlights were not conclusive from what I saw. Many of the post game commentators said a play like that is good for football.

I think there was 1:22 remaining so there was a good chance we could have put McManus in position for a FG.

The defense played very well considering going against Brees - 4 turnovers and holding their offense to 23 points is pretty good.
                          Fantaztic7
                          Banned User
                          Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-15-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Were there any other video clips that showed Parks stepped out of bounds? The highlights were not conclusive from what I saw. Many of the post game commentators said a play like that is good for football.

I think there was 1:22 remaining so there was a good chance we could have put McManus in position for a FG.

The defense played very well considering going against Brees - 4 turnovers and holding their offense to 23 points is pretty good.
                            The NFL officials came out with a statement that our play was perfectly legal including the no call on the out of bounds play.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              The NFL officials came out with a statement that our play was perfectly legal including the no call on the out of bounds play.
                              Good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Not 100% conclusive which is why the play stood. Obviously Saint fans think he was 100% out, but any fanbase would be mad about that play

It goes like this:

Ref wasn't 100% sure he stepped out so he let it go knowing it would be reviewed as a scoring play. If he screwed up and he was out of bounds, the review would show and the points wouldn't count. This was the ref covering his own butt.

If he call him out of bounds and he wasn't out, it would have looked real bad on him and the refs because it could not be changed after looking at a review.

The ref went the right way knowing he had himself covered either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X