No announcement yet.

Saints Fan Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a disgusting amount of optimism in this fanbase right now.... Careful guys, you might give us a bad name and get us labeled as arrogant.....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brett65 View Post
      I admit to not knowing much about your team. The Saints defense is horrible and will keep every offense in the game. They're starting to get a few players back -Rankins and Breaux- that are on a play count. The offense no longer seems allergic to the run. Special teams are horrendous outside to the K and P, everything else is well below average.

What can I expect to see from you guys?
      Welcome Saints fan. It's kind of like the best of times and the worst of times for me. I honestly have no idea of what to expect vs your Saints this week. It's very hard to repeat after winning a Superbowl and for whatever reasons, teams have tough times the following year. Especially with a 1st time starting QB, I think we're doing pretty good to be 6-3 at this point. At the same time, we just absolutely laid an egg vs a division rival. This defense that usually aggressive and physical, just played the opposite of that and let a team we've owned lately run the ball for over 200+ yards and missed way too many tackles. Our offense doesn't scare anyone, and vs a sub par defense, we couldn't run the ball or pass.

Maybe the wheels are coming off the express train we appeared to be early in the season, or maybe it's a loss that sparks a great run starting with the Saints. The Saints have been a little up and down and even run the football now, so I'm not sure what to expect from the Saints as well. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        There's a disgusting amount of optimism in this fanbase right now.... Careful guys, you might give us a bad name and get us labeled as arrogant.....
        Yep, enough negativity, life is more fun when you're positive.

If there's one thing I know about this team, they always play their best when everybody is down on them and giving them a chance, they might just surprise us this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett65 View Post
          I admit to not knowing much about your team. The Saints defense is horrible and will keep every offense in the game. They're starting to get a few players back -Rankins and Breaux- that are on a play count. The offense no longer seems allergic to the run. Special teams are horrendous outside to the K and P, everything else is well below average.

What can I expect to see from you guys?
          Hi, we're struggling right now big time.

The pass defense is elite, but we're without Aqib Talib, and there's not enough statistics to gauge that impact yet. Chris Harris and Bradley Roby are both really good, though Roby struggled last week and the depth beyond them is questionable.

The pass rush is really good, and you'll have someone chipping Von Miller. But, teams don't play Denver normally. You run and attack the LBs in the passing game, not the outside. Start your RB in fantasy. They will have a lot of of touches, including in the passing game. The D is still really good, but are now porous against the run, and the deep shots will likely come against safeties or LBs in coverage. We play a lot of man, so you'll use pick plays and crossing routes, etc. That said, this is an extremely clutch defense. If you're down by 4 with two minutes left and the field to drive, I would not expect to be successful.

Offensively we're a hot mess right now. We have the worst offensive playcalling in the league and cannot run the ball at all. There's debate about our young QB on the boards, but the truth is he is doing pretty good for what he has to deal with around him. He has a terrific release, and doesn't look like a rookie (technically he's not, but first year starting)...but is of course going through the normal journey along the learning curve.

We have two very talented WRs (but not much more) but they are not utilized appropriately. The oline ranges from terrible to "meh and inconsistent." We're trying to get a horizontal passing game, west coast offense, run-based style, play action/boot type offense going, and it will not work. Kubiak hasn't looked up the definition of insanity. Don't look at whatever we're averaging running, some of it came on one good game or some meaningless draw plays...we should expect ~1 yard per carry running, and we'll abandon it if down by 7.

All that said, Denver doesn't get blown out, even if manhandled all game. The D is too good. Oakland destroyed us in all three phases last week and we still were within one score late in the game. Denver is inconsistent, but when they are hot, they are virtually unbeatable. When they are cold, just sit back and watch us implode.
          Last edited by cmc0605; 11-08-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
            Hi, we're struggling right now big time.

The pass defense is elite, but we're without Aqib Talib, and there's not enough statistics to gauge that impact yet. Chris Harris and Bradley Roby are both really good, though Roby struggled last week and the depth beyond them is questionable.

The pass rush is really good, and you'll have someone chipping Von Miller. But, teams don't play Denver normally. You run and attack the LBs in the passing game, not the outside. Start your RB in fantasy. They will have a lot of of touches, including in the passing game. The D is still really good, but are now porous against the run, and the deep shots will likely come against safeties or LBs in coverage. We play a lot of man, so you'll use pick plays and crossing routes, etc. That said, this is an extremely clutch defense. If you're down by 4 with two minutes left and the field to drive, I would not expect to be successful.

Offensively we're a hot mess right now. We have the worst offensive playcalling in the league and cannot run the ball at all. There's debate about our young QB on the boards, but the truth is he is doing pretty good for what he has to deal with around him. He has a terrific release, and doesn't look like a rookie (technically he's not, but first year starting)...but is of course going through the normal journey along the learning curve.

We have two very talented WRs (but not much more) but they are not utilized appropriately. The oline ranges from terrible to "meh and inconsistent." We're trying to get a horizontal passing game, west coast offense, run-based style, play action/boot type offense going, and it will not work. Kubiak hasn't looked up the definition of insanity. Don't look at whatever we're averaging running, some of it came on one good game or some meaningless draw plays...we should expect ~1 yard per carry running, and we'll abandon it if down by 7.

All that said, Denver doesn't get blown out, even if manhandled all game. The D is too good. Oakland destroyed us in all three phases last week and we still were within one score late in the game. Denver is inconsistent, but when they are hot, they are virtually unbeatable. When they are cold, just sit back and watch us implode.

Michael thomas is going to destroy roby.. with Harris on Cooks.. and ingram getting hot, this could be a blow out. our only hope is janny doesnt have a cast and he can open up some holes in the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
              Michael thomas is going to destroy roby.. with Harris on Cooks.. and ingram getting hot, this could be a blow out. our only hope is janny doesnt have a cast and he can open up some holes in the run game.
              After our coaches left Ty on an island with one good arm in SD#1 and Siemian kept getting hit, I've just come to expect that we cannot do better than play with a few one arm guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                Roby had ONE bad game agaisnt an experience bunch. For all we know he rebounds against Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                X