Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncodoodle
    replied
    It's all about execution... And I'm all for it! We should do that to this line for the way they've been playing! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    You fix it with this draft:

1). Quenton Nelson. G. 6-5 326
    2) Lowell Lotulelei. NT. 6-2 310
    3) Connor McDermott T 6-9 310
    3) Jaron Jones. DE. 6-5 315
    3) Jarrad Davis. LB. 6-2 230
    4) Kyle Fuller. C. 6-5 315
    5) Pharaoh Brown. TE 6-5 250
    7) Psalm Wooching. LB 6-3 231
    7) Tyler Rouse. RB 5-8 200 (Returner)
    I like the general look of this draft. I keep finding myself rverting back to my issues about when we let Franklin go to SD. He was bigger and could move well.

I just took a look at our line and we have a good number of them who aren't even at 300 lbs. That means in many cases the d lineman they are facing are either the same weight or in same cases heavier. I look at Paradis and while he a good to above average C he is light. Given where he lines up he will often be going up against NTS and larger interior guys. Most are all 320ish and more.

As Butler has stated many of these lineman have played angle blocking and zone in HS and College or both. So targeting larger linemen won't always hinder our options. That said in theory it should allow for us to hold our ground and give our QB better pass protection and allow for better runs.

Leave a comment:

• 15thebeast
    replied
    Originally posted by kona bronco View Post

Not a fan of the McDermott pick I don't think he's athletic enough, I like Dawkins as a tackle prospect in the 3rd, I think Davis is going to be a first round pick, overall I like the draft though

Leave a comment:

• Dotst
    replied
    What do we all need? We have 2 good RBs, two good QBs, good receivers, saftey depth is good, cornerback depth is good. Pass rushers is good, LB may need some help. So im guessing we strictly only draft OL and DL

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Isn't taylor on IR?
    Phil Taylor? He is no longer with the Broncos. He was released in August and is a FA.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I have a solution this year for the dline play taylor and kilgo at dt more try more of williams at de and less of crick. Or no crick
    Isn't taylor on IR?
    Last edited by Bterres105; 11-12-2016, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    I have a solution this year for the dline play taylor and kilgo at dt more try more of williams at de and less of crick. Or no crick

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dan
    replied
    I would like to see improvement start as early as say, tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    That's been true of the Broncos offensive line anytime they've run exclusively zone plays. The problem with zone running in short yardage situations is that zone running is about influencing the defense making them move one way and then the line breaking off double teams and selling blocks to make the defense wrong. However in short yardage situations it's about brute strength. Defenses will go to 5 down linemen and big in the middle and it becomes the offensive 5 trying to move those defensive 5 enough to create a hole and the fullback taking out the linebacker long enough to get the yardage.

Zone running is not conducive to short yardage. That's yet another reason I'd like to see the Broncos bring back Dave Magazu and go with a blended running game.
    In a rushing attack that has equal parts of zone and angle blocking, questions about the Center position: can he drive block and get some movement; can he down block a 1/2/3 tech who was covering a pulling Guard; can he handle a 0 tech when facing an odd front? Those are concerns that have caused some to wonder about Matt Paradis' effectiveness in the ongoing process of revamping the O-Line.

Denver's current Zone Series seems more complex than the zone plays run when Magazu was coaching the O-Line. Recollection is that he used less release to the second level. Because he used angle and zone equally, sometimes he would use back side zone steps to influence and create an unblocked hole. Against an aggressive DE/OLB, he would have the back side T set up in pass protection to eliminate back side pursuit on a run play.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    That's been true of the Broncos offensive line anytime they've run exclusively zone plays. The problem with zone running in short yardage situations is that zone running is about influencing the defense making them move one way and then the line breaking off double teams and selling blocks to make the defense wrong. However in short yardage situations it's about brute strength. Defenses will go to 5 down linemen and big in the middle and it becomes the offensive 5 trying to move those defensive 5 enough to create a hole and the fullback taking out the linebacker long enough to get the yardage.

Zone running is not conducive to short yardage. That's yet another reason I'd like to see the Broncos bring back Dave Magazu and go with a blended running game.
    One thing I have not been able to find is if the zone scheme has ever been run with 6 lineman...if so why not move to that sort of personel and see how we do.

Leave a comment:

• 15thebeast
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    I agree. And if you still insist on running zone blocking on 3rd and 1, spread it out or get highly talented big and strong OL that can do both, like Zimmerman and Tony Jones.
    Finding lineman who can do both, personally on 3rd and 1s I'd like to see the bootleg and some play action

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied

I agree. And if you still insist on running zone blocking on 3rd and 1, spread it out or get highly talented big and strong OL that can do both, like Zimmerman and Tony Jones.
    Last edited by lvbronx; 11-12-2016, 01:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Agreed.Paradis has some good parts to his game but all too often on 3rd and short run plays I see him get rag dolled by a much larger NT on a run play and we are forced to punt.

Leave a comment:

• AussieBronco76
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    shows what those rankings are worth....JD Walton was also ranked #1 by them...where is he now? Not saying Paradis is bad, I actually like his potential but...#1? how does that happen??
    Agreed.Paradis has some good parts to his game but all too often on 3rd and short run plays I see him get rag dolled by a much larger NT on a run play and we are forced to punt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X