No announcement yet.

Post game rants -- Week 10 -- Broncos and Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont understand these topics. so you make a power ranking but in your actual comments you argue against where you put the teams. This is YOUR ranking right, you should be ranking them where you believe they belong where the team you think is best is put at the top. It's weird that you put them somewhere and then talk about how they shouldnt be there.

Comment

• QUOTE=Amy-Selic;5508324]I dont understand these topics. so you make a power ranking but in your actual comments you argue against where you put the teams. This is YOUR ranking right, you should be ranking them where you believe they belong where the team you think is best is put at the top. It's weird that you put them somewhere and then talk about how they shouldnt be there.[/QUOTE]

The rankings are from NFL.com and the OP adds own opinion. Some nice humor, pics and gifs in this weekly thread - at least I think so.

Enjoy [

Comment

• Football Outsiders DVOA: Den 11 (last week 6) off- 28 def- 3 st- 17

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...0-dvoa-ratings

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
        2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
          I dont understand these topics. so you make a power ranking but in your actual comments you argue against where you put the teams. This is YOUR ranking right, you should be ranking them where you believe they belong where the team you think is best is put at the top. It's weird that you put them somewhere and then talk about how they shouldnt be there.
          These are the "official" NFL power rankings that get released every Tuesday morning, I don't do my own rankings.

Originally posted by freshrollin
          Hello I am new here but I really enjoyed this piece.
          Thanks. I enjoy writing them quite a bit.

Comment

• I wonder if Denver will split with the division opponents?
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• It's a trial & error

Aside from a few hams the Broncos, IMO, are playing and winning due to sheer desire, intensity, discipline (most times), dedication, intestinal fortitude, and/or timely plays. This is the greatest part of the recipe to a championship, especially a repeat.

Now, that said, the other pieces to the puzzle: Talent, speed, size, play calling, assignments, preparation, execution, and readiness are somewhat array, but these facets of the game will even out as time goes by. Who knows when it will happen and of course we're stuck with the talent/speed/size part of the equation, so who thinks we'll put it all together for a repeat championship even though there's a greenhorn behind center @ QB & Punter.

Comment

• There is also a rookie starting at RB and a rookie FB. The two rookie Safeties did well on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  There is also a rookie starting at RB and a rookie FB. The two rookie Safeties did well on Sunday.
                  Sure enough and will they also become a force to be reckoned with though the OL is suspect, but I think the ground attack needs to be more fundamental w/ straight ahead blocking knocking people back. Also the DL AND LBs have to get more fierce and not get knocked back penetrating the opposing teams line getting into the backfield.

Another thing I've noticed is that the roll out plays on "O" are not working. There needs to be a set of plays to get the ball in to the hands of backs and TEs for ball control instead of waiting for the OL and Trevor making big plays requiring more time to throw.

Then the pass rush has been thwarted by the opposing teams of late. A switch in & out of four down linemen to a 3 - 4 arrangement could not only stop up the opposing team's running games but also get more pressure on their QBs.

Comment

• I don't know if Denver's predominantly zone blocking O-Line is ready to drive the D back off the LOS. They might be able to do some angle blocking if they figure out who can down block and who can pull. If the Zone Series can be more effective, Boot has and will work. Depending on the opponent and whether or not they line up empty on 3rd & long, we may see more pass rush by Von, DeMarcus, Shane and Shaquil.

Comment

• Okay, since the kids are sick I got to stay home and I watched this. Thank you for the memories, it was awesome!
                      Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                      Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                      Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X