Crow Cafe'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    Loved the fire and effort against the Saints. And we've seen that in some games this year. But the team is still inconsistent in this area. They've come out flat in some games too. Plus, for as happy that I am about our 7-3 record, only one of this wins came against a team that has a winning record.

I hope they can get together, play better against top teams moving forward and more consistently.

Just like people say when we have a bad game to not jump to conclusions or react to much. Perhaps we should take a similar approach here. It was great, but need to see it consistently against top talent. And there are plenty of chances moving forward this season to show that they can.
    Only 15 teams with a winning record. As far as the teams we've beat with losing records - Broncos helped those teams have losing records

Comment

Denver rushed for 103 yards and held NO to 80 which seems to have reversed a recent trend of not being able to run or stop it. Trevor threw two TDs, but had two picks. Denver gave up too many sacks not all of which were the O-Line's fault. The bye will help the guys heal up and be ready for KC. They seem to be hanging in there. We shall see.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I picked the Saints in our Football Frenzy contest as I thought the Broncos were slipping in to the realm the Packers have gone to. I underestimated the defense and was down on the "O", but now I eat crow and will not pick against the Broncos again as I didn't before.

Comment

i think DT is a WR that is really depended onj his QB. i also think he is bset when he gets used to there throw. he looked fine iwth manning off with brock now he is starting to get used tos siemans throws and he is stepping up.

i mean as much stuff as he gets he is still 4th in recieving yards sense 2012. thats not bad at all
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            Only 15 teams with a winning record. As far as the teams we've beat with losing records - Broncos helped those teams have losing records
            So what you're saying is that of the 7 wins, only one team was in the top half of the league? The other 6 wins came from a team in the bottom half of the league?

Comment

So what you're saying is that of the 7 wins, only one team was in the top half of the league? The other 6 wins came from a team in the bottom half of the league?
              Well, think of it this way. Of the other teams with winning records:

Patriots: Two wins against teams with a winning record.

Dolphins: Zero wins

Ravens: Zero

Texans: Two

Chiefs: One

Raiders: Two

Cowboys: Two

Giants: Three

Redskins: Four

Eagles: Two

Lions: Three

Vikings: Two

Falcons: Two

Seahawks: Three

So, when you say what you seem to be implying with your own question, are you taking into account that no other AFC team with a winning record actually has more than two wins against another team with a winning record? That's normal I imagine. Now, what the Redskins have done is not exactly normal. But, maybe they should be taken a little more seriously then? That's not for me to decide.

But, when you figure that a little under half of the league will end up with a winning record, a few will be at 8-8 and a little under half will have a losing record. So, if 14 teams end up with a winning record and you're one of them, that means you have 13 possible teams that you could play with a winning record. Well, figure that about half of those are from the other conference, and at most (unless you're matched with the AFC West or NFC East this year) you're probably getting about 1 or 2 games against those teams with winning records.

Then in your conference if there are another 6 teams besides you that has a winning record. Chances are you're probably going to play roughly 3-5 of those teams. So, by the end of the season, I would imagine that the average team with a winning record themselves play anywhere between 4-7 games against teams with a winning record. Most divisions don't have 3 and 4 teams with above .500 records like the AFC West and NFC East do this year, so that kind of throws that off as of now.

As it stands now, I believe that we will finish with playing 7 teams with winning records. Chiefs and Raiders for a total of 4, which is a big reason why we will probably play more than average. The Patriots, the Falcons, and either one of the Texans or Titans have a chance. Although, I believe that the Texans are about to lose the majority of the rest of their games, so even at 6-3 right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up 8-8. That remains to be seen.

Anyway, if we end up with 7 games against teams with winning records, I imagine we would be on the higher side compared to a team like the Patriots that will possibly end up with 4-5 games against teams with winning records.

What's my point? There aren't a whole lot of opportunities for teams to play teams with winning records. So, if you end up with 3 or 4 wins against them by the end of the season, which we have a chance to do, then you've done just fine in my opinion.
              Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 11-19-2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Heck of a performance by DT. He bailed the **** out of Siemian.

Comment

ksubroncosfan did a nice job of breaking it down. Wins against teams with winning records doesn't account for quality of opponents. It is difficult to beat any team - I know that is cliché but it is true for the most part. For example take the Saints - they have a losing record. We beat them last Sunday and they lost to Carolina on Thursday night. With their offense they are a tough opponent for any team. The Steelers have a losing record and it took a last minute drive by the Cowboys to beat them. The Chargers are another team with a losing record - they are still a tough opponent because Rivers can put up a lot of points. I don't think the win-loss record of your opponents paints the full picture.

Comment

Does one have to eat crow if they expect a lot from a truly top tier WR? I think it's a compliment to expect a lot from a top talent. Besides, can't we just leave those poor crows alone?!

(Thx DT....I have selfish reasons for my great expectations....fantasy stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Does one have to eat crow if they expect a lot from a truly top tier WR? I think it's a compliment to expect a lot from a top talent. Besides, can't we just leave those poor crows alone?!

(Thx DT....I have selfish reasons for my great expectations....fantasy stuff)
                      Well, I complained about DT not making some big plays when the team needed him. He came through against the Saints - he bailed out Siemian with a couple of one handed catches on inaccurate throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Well, I complained about DT not making some big plays when the team needed him. He came through against the Saints - he bailed out Siemian with a couple of one handed catches on inaccurate throws.
                        YOU WHAT???!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!

I would offer a guess, that many of us see it the way you did. You were probably going on realistic expectation.......similar to what most of us consider valid given what we have seen from DT in the past. And yes, when you are an elite player, and he definitely was (and can still be), it is certainly reasonable for fans to expect more of same. Look around the league, or other sports. The great ones are game changers and difference makers (and all those fitting descriptions). DT can be that player.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          YOU WHAT???!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!

I would offer a guess, that many of us see it the way you did. You were probably going on realistic expectation.......similar to what most of us consider valid given what we have seen from DT in the past. And yes, when you are an elite player, and he definitely was (and can still be), it is certainly reasonable for fans to expect more of same. Look around the league, or other sports. The great ones are game changers and difference makers (and all those fitting descriptions). DT can be that player.
                          Hopefully he'll keep it going vs. KC

Comment

Working...
                          X