Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bye week assessment by the Denver media

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bye week assessment by the Denver media

    I live in the Houston media market so all I hear is Texans talk. How are the local sports station's assessment of the Broncos going in to the bye and moving forward. Are they calling for Siemian's head? Blaming the offensive line and poor playcalling? Do they think everything is fine and wil come together?

  • #2
    Most people in the media seem fairly down on the Broncos. We're an extremely flawed team trying to compete in the best division in football. I think the KC game will be a very good gauge of where we're at.

    Check out http://1043thefan.com/

    You can listen live. I listen to it a lot at work and have their phone app too, so I can listen on the way into work.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
      I live in the Houston media market so all I hear is Texans talk. How are the local sports station's assessment of the Broncos going in to the bye and moving forward. Are they calling for Siemian's head? Blaming the offensive line and poor playcalling? Do they think everything is fine and wil come together?
      At least you don't have to deal with the Cowboys fever like I do where I live. I have to say, there weren't near this many Cowboys fans last year...

      Anyways here's a link for the local Denver media for their pre-game assessment of the Saints game. They are probably the most knowledgable group of guys for the Broncos, hope you enjoy.

      Superbowl 50 Champions!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        Most people in the media seem fairly down on the Broncos. We're an extremely flawed team trying to compete in the best division in football. I think the KC game will be a very good gauge of where we're at.

        Check out http://1043thefan.com/

        You can listen live. I listen to it a lot at work and have their phone app too, so I can listen on the way into work.
        Cool man, thanks for the info. I'll check it out

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          At least you don't have to deal with the Cowboys fever like I do where I live. I have to say, there weren't near this many Cowboys fans last year...

          Anyways here's a link for the local Denver media for their pre-game assessment of the Saints game. They are probably the most knowledgable group of guys for the Broncos, hope you enjoy.

          I can't imagine. Dealing with their fans alone are enough for me. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out

          Comment


          • #6
            Kansas City has a strong defense indeed but I'm not too worried about their offense.
            Denver just beat Drew Brees and that high-powered Saints offense on the road in a dome.

            I hope I don't sound arrogant when I say this but I just don't see Alex Smith doing very much at all against this Broncos defense, especially with some of our guys getting healthy and returning.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Kansas City has a strong defense indeed but I'm not too worried about their offense.
              Denver just beat Drew Brees and that high-powered Saints offense on the road in a dome.

              I hope I don't sound arrogant when I say this but I just don't see Alex Smith doing very much at all against this Broncos defense, especially with some of our guys getting healthy and returning.
              What are you hearing about Wolfe's return? Any chance for the game vs. KC or another week?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                What are you hearing about Wolfe's return? Any chance for the game vs. KC or another week?
                Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck
                #Broncos Kubiak hopeful that Talib and Wolfe will be ready on Nov. 27. Said expects @DeMarcusWare to be ready to play 50 snaps in a game
                I expect both Talib and Wolfe will be evaluated after the bye week as they begin to prepare for KC. We'll know more then.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  I expect both Talib and Wolfe will be evaluated after the bye week as they begin to prepare for KC. We'll know more then.
                  On ESPN there was a quote from Talib - he said he expect to play. Will see what happens.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    On ESPN there was a quote from Talib - he said he expect to play. Will see what happens.
                    Talib's injury is back spasms, I believe. That kind of thing can improve with treatment and rest. Wolfe's is a fracture which may take a while longer, but DeMarcus is back complete with hardware, I think, so Wolfe may be back before the end of the regular season. We shall see.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Kansas City has a strong defense indeed but I'm not too worried about their offense.
                      Denver just beat Drew Brees and that high-powered Saints offense on the road in a dome.

                      I hope I don't sound arrogant when I say this but I just don't see Alex Smith doing very much at all against this Broncos defense, especially with some of our guys getting healthy and returning.
                      I'm worried. Containing Alex Smith's scrambling has always been a problem and Spencer Ware ain't too shabby either.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                        I'm worried. Containing Alex Smith's scrambling has always been a problem and Spencer Ware ain't too shabby either.
                        I feel like the defense will play lights out. My main concern is the offensive line. Siemian is gonna fool around and get hurt again playing behind that line.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The way I gotta look at it is, we just beat the guys that beat the guys that beat the guys...

                          Broncos>Saints>Seahawks>Patriots. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lombardi:

                          Heavy is the Crown
                          [sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Talib's injury is back spasms, I believe. That kind of thing can improve with treatment and rest. Wolfe's is a fracture which may take a while longer, but DeMarcus is back complete with hardware, I think, so Wolfe may be back before the end of the regular season. We shall see.
                            The broncos seem pretty convinced he'll be back next game.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm a little surprised we don't do more wide receiver screens and RB screens to keep teams off balance and slow down the rush. Our line is getting creamed every game and we seem to do little screen work. This offense still puzzles me. It's like we understand our O-Line is struggling, but we're not being creative to try and help them out. We just expect them to execute.

                              Does anyone know if Stephenson was hurt or if they pulled him because of poor play? I saw Garcia get his butt whipped on multiple plays. AGAIN, he's missing stunts and passing off guys when he shouldn't. Meh.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X