No announcement yet.

Bye week assessment by the Denver media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like the coaches think "ok guys, our offensive line is getting manhandled. just try harder and we're gonna keep calling the same plays and cross our fingers".

Comment

Well if you can't trip over the stone the first time then you have to go back and try again. LOL That is what I see out of the line, they were not getting manhandled enough so they had to go back to see if they could get Manhandled some more. Maybe they won't get beat up to badly over the bye.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        I'm a little surprised we don't do more wide receiver screens and RB screens to keep teams off balance and slow down the rush. Our line is getting creamed every game and we seem to do little screen work. This offense still puzzles me. It's like we understand our O-Line is struggling, but we're not being creative to try and help them out. We just expect them to execute.

Does anyone know if Stephenson was hurt or if they pulled him because of poor play? I saw Garcia get his butt whipped on multiple plays. AGAIN, he's missing stunts and passing off guys when he shouldn't. Meh.
        I agree about RB screens. If we ran more screens on 3rd and medium to long I think it would help us out more. I can't stand when we throw to a WR 3 yards shy of the sticks, but if we do that with a RB and some blockers it should work out more often then not.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

I'm a little surprised we don't do more wide receiver screens and RB screens to keep teams off balance and slow down the rush. Our line is getting creamed every game and we seem to do little screen work. This offense still puzzles me. It's like we understand our O-Line is struggling, but we're not being creative to try and help them out. We just expect them to execute.

Does anyone know if Stephenson was hurt or if they pulled him because of poor play? I saw Garcia get his butt whipped on multiple plays. AGAIN, he's missing stunts and passing off guys when he shouldn't. Meh.
          From everything I've read he was pulled due to poor play.

Comment

For 3+ years all we've heard around here is we throw too many screens, and now it's we don't throw enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              For 3+ years all we've heard around here is we throw too many screens, and now it's we don't throw enough...
              LOL!

I think Elway banned all screen plays after the McError regime (McD/McCoy/Gase) over-dosed us to death with bubble screens during their time(s) running the offense.

I haven't missed it either...I was just hoping our old offense would come back when the old gang came back but it's still lost at sea somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                I live in the Houston media market so all I hear is Texans talk. How are the local sports station's assessment of the Broncos going in to the bye and moving forward. Are they calling for Siemian's head? Blaming the offensive line and poor playcalling? Do they think everything is fine and wil come together?
                There will probably be more bye week analysis verbally and in print in the Denver Post in coming days, here:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/denver-broncos/

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  There will probably be more bye week analysis verbally and in print in the Denver Post in coming days, here:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/denver-broncos/
                  Thanks, I appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    For 3+ years all we've heard around here is we throw too many screens, and now
                    it's we don't throw enough...
                    I think the issue was too many wr screens...which I agree with...I havent seen one be positive in a long long time....it's been a couple years since Dt would take a wr screen all the way..or even get a good chunk

The issue is not enough rb screens
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      I think the issue was too many wr screens...which I agree with...I havent seen one be positive in a long long time....it's been a couple years since Dt would take a wr screen all the way..or even get a good chunk

DT took a WR screen to the house in the SD game last year. The 2nd play of the game then all hell broke loose and the wheels fell off until Manning came in.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

And they were always on third down too. McCoy was an even worse coordinator than Rick Dennison.

Comment

I think Trevor threw a TE screen to Virgil on Sunday.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                          X