Broncos Greatest Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Greatest Coach

Who do you think is the Broncos Greatest Coach? Personally l think it's Shanny. He won us two titles, plus a title game in 05. Reeves did more with less...yet lost huge in three big games. Thoughts?

Originally posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    Who do you think is the Broncos Greatest Coach? Personally l think it's Shanny. He won us two titles, plus a title game in 05. Reeves did more with less...yet lost huge in three big games. Thoughts?
    Yes, it's Shanny. As far as Reeves, I think he was the wrong coach for Elway, but I don't blame him for those SB blowouts. The NFC was completely dominant during that era and even Elway's genius wasn't enough to win.

Comment

Candidates are: John Ralston; Red Miller; Dan Reeves; Wade Phillips; Mike Shanahan; John Fox and Gary Kubiak.

John Ralston assembled the first winning teams in Denver Bronco history.

Until John Fox, Red Miller had the highest winning percentage, if I'm not mistaken, and took the Broncos to their first Super Bowl.

Dan Reeves went to more Super Bowls, but lost by an increasing margin of defeat in each succeeding one.

Wade Phillips deserves a mention in the conversation.

Mike Shanahan married the WCO to the Zone Series rushing attack and won back-to-back Super Bowls with John Elway. His success declined after Elway retired.

I think John Fox surpassed Red Miller in winning percentage and took Denver to a Super Bowl.

Gary Kubiak has won a Super Bowl and now owns the highest winning percentage among Bronco head coaches. He is still coaching the Broncos, so his body of work isn't complete. He may end up as the greatest. Time will tell.

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Josh McDaniels....He burned the place to the ground, thus setting up the return of John Elway who is building the Broncos in his image with one Super Bowl already under his belt and five consecutive AFC West titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaritaville View Post
          Josh McDaniels....He burned the place to the ground, thus setting up the return of John Elway who is building the Broncos in his image with one Super Bowl already under his belt and five consecutive AFC West titles.
          Very nice response but I think that argument would be better served when we have the debate over who is the greatest general managers of all time. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Margaritaville View Post
            Have you seen the Exorcist? He possesses a child's body....wait for it...and records it all.
            Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

I don't think the answer can be anything but Shanahan. The only criticism of him is the team never performed as well without Elway. But to take teams led by Griese and Plummer to the playoffs is pretty remarkable. But Reeves really never adjusted his scheme to fit his talent. He probably cost Elway 80-100 TD passes and 10,000 yards in his career.

John Fox is the worst. 16 coaches in the League would have won at least one Super Bowl during our '12, '13, or '14 seasons.

Comment

I don't post much (like ever) but this was a good thread...

Shanny is the greatest but my gut tells me Kubiak will go down as the best when it is all said and done.

Comment

John Ralston. Had an unbelievable eye for talent just couldnt finish it on the field. I think he was fired one year too early. I read that some of the "dirty dozen" players who revolted against Ralston, regretted it years later.

Comment

Current rank:

Shanahan
                    Kubiak
                    Reeves
                    Red Miller

Best coordinater: Wade Phillips. Wade will go down as one of the all time best DC's when he retires.

Comment

Kubiak. He's been involved in every championship that the Broncos have won.

Comment

Kubiak, he drafted TD + he had a broken down PM and Oz as his QB. John Fox should be in consideration, since he made the 2011 team fun to watch
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

My vote is for Mike Shanahan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Shanahan was an over rated ego maniac that couldn't draft defense to save his life. His offense dropped like a dead weight in the ocean after Kubiak left for Houston, and he couldn't get over himself enough to let someone else take the reigns and build a complete team. If people are angry about the way any one past him has drafted, They were probably twice as angry about the way Shanahan flopped on so many picks its to many to count.

My vote would go to Kubiak due to being an integral part of all of our teams SB victories.
                            GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Awhile ago I had a poll on here about who is your favorite Broncos head coach, you would enjoy reading all the replies; now if only I knew how to retrieve it to show you?!

Comment

Working...
                              X